|Minimum Stay||4 - 6 nights|
- This is our Personal 3BDM, 3BATH Custom-Built Home (duplex)
- We Only Rent Occasionally:
* Select Holidays and Special Events
3 BDRM, 3BATH - Each Bdrm is located on a Separate Level (Master Suite on Top Level)
- Great for Privacy
- Ideal for 2 Couples OR a Family w/ 2 older children (Minimum 12 yrs. old)
- Not suitable for family with young children under 12 yrs/old.
- Sleeps maximum of 5
(Sofa does not make into a bed.
No Sleeping allowed on floors, balconies, lounge chairs
- Architecturally Innovative & Stylish inside and out.
- Tastefully Furnished for a Professional Couple with No children
- Nestled on a premier, private homesite along the highly-sought Gore Creek River.
Friends & neighbors envy our beautiful setting and magnificent views!
- Renters' feedback & comments we frequently hear include
'We loved the open & airy floor plan, and all the sunlight"
'We loved being on the river and the views are spectacular'
" The bedrooms on a separate levels worked great for us & our 2 high school kids.
" We barely used our rental car because the Bus Stop was so close and easy to use
plus you're so close to everything."
" Everything was so well organized - all the labels you put on cabinet doors &
drawers it make it so easy to find everything we needed.'
- Lots of Large Windows Capture Views of the Mountain slopes and Beautiful Vail
Valley, plus . . . - The Gore Creek River IS THE BACKYARD.
* The sight and sounds of a flowing river is like having the Symphony in your own
* NOTE: the Icy-Cold River is a Serious Safety Hazard for children -- we do NOT accept
children under the age of 12 because.
- the back yard is NOT Fenced
- If a child walks 30 feet from the house to the river and slips & falls into the ICY-
COLD, SWIFT-MOVING water, there's minimal chance of survival.
(Death by hyper-thermia or getting knocked-out if he/she hits their head on a rock
- VERY CONVENIENT, CLOSE-IN LOCATION with
EASY ACCESS TO MOST EVERYTHING
- Only a 275' walk on a Flat asphalt Street to the FREE Shuttle Bus (Save $25/day in
Parking Fees during Ski Season) The Shuttle comes every 30 minutes in the Winter &
40-mins. in Summer & Fall.
- SPECTACULAR VIEWS OF MOUNTAINS,
* THE HIGHLY-SOUGHT GORE CREEK RIVER &
* THE BEAUTIFUL VAIL VALLEY!
LOTS OF WINDOWS; LOTS OF SUNSHINE
- If you like Lots of Sunshine, our home is located
in the Sunny Side of Vail-specifically,West Vail S.
* Most homes in other areas of Vail feel dark &
dreary inside by 3PM as the sun is blocked by the
mountains as it starts to go down.
BENEFITS OF OUR LOCATION
- Located in the SUNNY AREA OF VAIL
- Minimal Freeway Noise compared to homes located Above the interstate.
- Our Home site sits below I-70 plus the sounds of the river in the back yard muffles road noise; Plus
- Most every room in the house looks at the Scenic River (except the guest room and one window in the master bathroom -- they both look down Valley (which is a scenic view to the west).
Is PRIVACY in your Bedroom Important to You?
- EACH of the 3 Bedrooms is Located on a
SEPARATE LEVEL of the home
- A King-sized Vaulted Master Suite on the Upper
* Environmentally-Friendly Gas-Burning Fireplace
- the 'On/Off Switch' conveniently located on the
wall by the Nightstand
* NEW Flat-Screen TV in Master Bedroom Suite;
* Paddle Ceiling Fan with Light
- Queen-sized Guest Bdrm on the Main Level
looks 'down Valley', plus
- Queen-sized Guest 'En-suite' on the Lower-Level (ground level) off the Entry Foyer with a View of the River - even from Bed- from two walls of glass
* It has a Private Access Door to a Wrap-Around
Deck & the River is just 25 - 30' beyond.
BEWARE: Due to each bedroom's location & the number of stairs to the different levels, this home is NOT Suitable for
- Children under 12 yrs/old or
- Anyone with Leg and/or Knee Problems
SHORT, QUICK & EASY 275' WALK on a Flat asphalt street to the FREE SHUTTLE BUS & Shelter
- Less than 1/4 block walk on a Flat asphalt street
- Free Bus comes every 30 minutes in the winter; 40 minutes during the summer & fall
* SAVE $25/Day in Parking Fees!
- Only a 3 to 15 Minute Bus ride to a Quad-Chair
Lift and Two Gondolas (1 in Lionshead Village
and 1 in Vail Village)
- The Free Bus Route takes you Most Anywhere
you want to go in the Villages and to access the
MAIN LEVEL features
- Vaulted Open-Style Kitchen and Informal Dining
area plus Great Room/Living Room
- Great Room/Kitchen/Dining All Flow Together which makes for easy conversation.
* Hardwood Flooring
* Lots of Glass including Two Enormous
Trapezoid-shaped Windows that provide
Breathtaking Views and lots of Sunlight.
The Vaulted Kitchen features
- Huge Trapezoid Window
- Center Island with Breakfast Bar with 3 Swivel
Bar Stools that Seats 3
- Slab Granite Countertops with a Double-thick
Chiseled Edge in rich golden & black tones
- Full 'Subway' Travertine Tile Backsplash
- Two Pantry Closets stocked with
* several choices of Cookware & Serving Dishes
* Baking Pans & Cookie Sheets
* Blender, Food Processor,
* Slow-Cooker (Crock Pot)
* Spices and Lots, Lots More.
- BOSCH Dishwasher (so quiet you don't know
- NEW Side-by-Side Refrigerator in Stainless Steel
finish plus Ice & Water Dispensers in the door
- Self-Cleaning Electric Jennaire Downdraft Range
- 1,000 Watt Microwave
- NEW 'Weber' Outdoor Gas Grill
Vaulted Informal Dining area
- Two Walls of Windows with Magnificent Views
- Table Seats Up To 6 (but more Comfortable for 4
as dining area is a bit tight)
Cozy Living/Great Room
- Seats 5-6 around a NEW Gas Log Fireplace
- Perfect Room for Conversation, Watching TV &
Movies and listening to a variety of Digital Music
- A Full-View Glass Door Opens to a Large Wrap-
Around Deck w/ Gas BBQ Grill & a Slab-Granite
- Patio Table (w/ Leaf) and Umbrella, Seats 6
* A delightful setting for summer BBQ's,
watching Sunsets and enjoying the sights &
sounds of Gore Creek River.
- The Main Level Queen-size Guest Bedroom w/
- view of the mountainside and Vail Valley
- a separate 3/4 Bath (Shower Stall w/ Clear
Glass Enclosure & hinged Door - No Tub)
- 'Honed' slate tile vanity top & flooring NOTE: Visitors/Renters typically use this bathroom when watching TV in the Living/Great Room, Cooking or Eating at the Bar or Table .
From the heated 1-Vehicle Heated Garage you enter onto Slate-tiled Foyer with a
- Guest Coat Closet w/ storage rack for shoes and
hanging shelf for gloves, goggles & stocking caps
- Hammered Brass Box containing Slippers to
pamper your feet (especially nice after a day on
the slopes) & protect hardwood floor from
- Nearly-New Whirlpool 'Duet' Stacked, Full-Size
Washer & Dryer behind a folding Door
Entry Level also Features a Private Guest En-Suite with
- Fabulous View of the Gore Creek River from BED
- Newly Updated Full Bath w/ Granite countertop,
Tile Floor, faucets & light fixture
* a private commode and Tub/Shower
combination in a private room
- Built-in Wet Bar w/ Granite Countertop and Sink
* Coffee Maker and Electric Hot Water Pot
- TV, DVD/VCR
- Two Walls of Windows with Lovely View of the
Gore Creek River
- a Full-View Glass Door opens to a Wrap-Around
* Cafe' Table & two Chairs to enjoy your morning
coffee/tea or lunch in the summer while taking
in the sights & sounds of the River located just
30' from the Deck.
NOTE: Guests rave about the comfort of the bed and they Love watching and listening to the Gore Creek River while lying in bed or sitting on the Deck.
The UPPER LEVEL showcases a Private and Spacious King-size Master Suite with
- Vaulted Ceiling
- Huge Windows view the Gore Creek and Mountains
- Large Walk-In Closet w/ a cedar border, 2 sets of
drawers, a bank of shelves and 2 Luggage Racks
- Enjoy the NEW FlatscreenTV and the Sounds of
the Gore Creek while on the comfortable King-size
Bed or sitting in the reading chair.
The Luxurious Master Bath is Highly-Appointed with
- Heated Tile Flooring
- Dual Sinks in a 6' Vanity with Granite Countertop
* Base Cabinets Plus a Bank of Drawers.
- His & Hers Medicine Cabinets
- Two-Person Oval Jetted Tub
- Separate Fully-Tiled Shower Stall with a European
Frameless Clear-Glass Enclosure.
- Expansive Windows Views Mountains & Vail Valley
Each Bedroom is located on a Separate Level - Great for Privacy (The Spacious, Vaulted Master Suite is on the Upper Level)
Professional Couple's Personal Home Only Offered for Occasional Rental. It was NOT purchased or Furnished to be an income/rental property.
Owner has NO Kids or Pets and No smoking has been allowed in the house.
Every room has been recently updated or remodeled - It's NOT your Typical 'tired & worn' rental property'.
Very Tastefully Decorated and Furnished with
- Granite Countertops
- Hardwood, Slate, Tile Flooring
- BRAND NEW CARPET in all Bedrooms and Closets
Lots of Huge Windows, Vaulted Ceilings, innovative architecture
Located in the 'Sunny' area of Vail on a private lot surrounded by tall pine trees - not in a noisy condo/townhouse complex.
Spectacular Setting along the Gore Creek River.
Professionally landscaped with terraced walls built with huge boulders.
Walls of Glass view the Gore Creek River, Mountainsides & beautiful Vail Valley beyond
Professional couple in early 60's, no children, no pets.
- He grew up on a farm in Michigan, She was raised in North Dakota. They met at an athletic club in Denver and have been married 27 years.
- He works in the IT industry. During his 30 year career he's worked at IBM, JD Edwards, Sun Microsystems, Cisco & now Sungard.
She retired after 35 years in the new housing industry in Denver, CO. She spent the final 10+ years of her career as a senior-level executive for a division of the largest national home builder in America.
His passion is snow skiing and he is a part-time Ski instructor for Vail Resorts.
During the summer and fall they hike and gather edible mushrooms; take walks and bike rides on the asphalt trail located just 50' from the front door; fish in the Gore Creek river located in the back yard and he plays golf occasionally
They start their mornings by reading the Free Vail Daily newspaper by the fireplace or along the bank of the Gore Creek River (she calls it 'our Beach'), depending on the season.
- The SETTING and AMBIANCE of living
on the Gore Creek river provide endless pleasure
- CLOSE-IN and Convenient Location
- SUNNY area of Vail (other areas in Vail
are in shade most of the day because
the mountains block the sunshine)
- PRIVACY & Peaceful setting (Unlike
homes located on the mountainsides
elevated above I - 70 which hear a lot
of Freeway noise).
- Only One neighbor (Unlike being in a
noisy condo/townhouse complex)
- STEPS to the FREE SHUTTLE which Saves
$25.00/day in Parking Fees
WE LOVE VAIL . . . WHY?
- THE BEST & Largest SKI MOUNTAIN
in North America
- The magical SWISS AMBIANCE of the
town of Vail with its numerous fantastic
Restaurants and Shops. Vail reminds
us of our favorite vacations in Austria
- A Wealth of Outdoor Activities to chose
from year around
- The Weather is usually Great, the Sun
Shines most every day and Vail has very
- Year-round line up of entertainment at the
Ford Amphitheater in Vail and the Vilar
Center in Beaver Creek)
- STEPS to scenic Walking & Biking
- Two blocks to the Event Center at
- 1 Mile to Lionshead & the Gondola
- 2 1/2 miles to Vail Village, Gerald Ford Amphitheater & Betty Ford Gardens
- 4 miles to East Vail Golf Course
- Great Fishing, Sunbathing and Picnics in our back yard along the Gore Creek river
- Numerous scenic Hiking Trails 5 - 30 minutes away
- Spectacular Fireworks Displays in nearby Avon and Vail during the 4th of July holiday.
- Magnificent Ambiance on the Gore Creek + Spectacular View of Mountains and the Vail Valley.
- Privacy of Guest Bedrooms each located on separate levels below the Master Suite
- Private lot Surrounded by Tall Pine Trees, Tiered-Stone Walls with blankets of Wild Flowers
- Two Wrap-around Decks overlooking Gore Creek are perfect for outdoor entertaining, dining and watching Sunsets.
-Impressive Exterior and Interior Architectural Style.
- Innovative, light, bright and airy design with Walls of Windows that capture Views and bring in lots of Sunshine.
- Interior is tastefully decorated with a warm color scheme that provides a cozy ambiance.
Open-style Kitchen, Informal Dining and
Great Room w/ Fireplace are perfect for socializing and provide an intimate and cozy ambiance.
Love the privacy of all 3 Bedrooms and baths being located on Separate Levels.
Heated Garage for parking and comfort in the winter plus room for storage.
Full-size Washer/Dryer at entry level so we don't share with anyone or have to haul laundry to the laundry mat.
Thank you for allowing us to stay in your beautiful home. Your pride of ownership and great taste in decor' make it a superior unit for adults to stay and enjoy there time in Vail. It worked exceptionally well for us.
We utilized the free bus service and found getting around was a piece of cake.
We would most definitely look up your home on VRBO for our next stay in Vail.
Our family really enjoyed our stay in Vail, the house was perfect. A short walk to the bus stop and we were on the slopes in ten minutes. Could not have found a better place to stay, the home was comfortable and very well appointed. We look forward to our next visit to Vail and would recommend this home to any of our friends.
Two enthusiastic thumbs up!
The description of this home is spot on. It is lovingly cared for, warm and cozy, wonderfully organized, conveniently located, private and quiet, up to date, modern and beautifully furnished.
Donna and Murray, thank you again for sharing your home with us. You were helpful not only before we arrived, but after we got there. We hope to see you again in the future!
Our family of four had a wonderful stay in this beautiful home. We had two additional family members for two nights and had plenty of room. Convenient to everything in and around Vail. Wonderful hiking out the front door, fishing in the backyard and the wonderful water sounds of the creek from inside and both decks. Inside, the house is furnished with everything and more that you could need, so well organized that you don't have to think much. Very thoughtfully put together and feels like the private, well cared for home that it is.
The owners were delightful to work with and should we return to Vail (hope we do) we would definitely want to stay here again!
Donna and Murray.....thank you for the experience :) We choose different ski areas each year (since we only go once each year) to experience the different slopes. Now that we've been to Vail, this is it! The "Hess Home" is simply perfect. Very comfortable, roomy with upscale features. Even down to the crockpot :) We spent Christmas there and brought our two teenage (big) boys and had lots of space to move around and never bump into each other. The free shuttle is very close .... a short walk across beautiful Gore Creek. The creek is lovely. I would love to see it in the spring. We rented our ski equipment at Charter which allowed the shuttle to be a breeze. This company held our equipment each night so all we had to do was wear street shoes to and from the house. The day I chose not to ski, I grabbed the shuttle to Lionshead to shop then took the shuttle back. So simple. And the shuttles run according to the schedules posted all over. I was thrilled to find Donovan Park very close to their house. I walked over and hiked around the park. All in all, a perfect Christmas. We highly recommend!!
My wife and I spent two delightful weeks here in August 2010. It is a truly a charming and enjoyable experience. The house is beautifully decorated and in a perfect location...15 paces from gorgeous Gore Creek, and only a 4-minute drive into Lionshead and Vail. We loved the spot!
The Owners were gracious and a delight to work with as we arranged our vacation. They provided practical suggestions on what to do and where to go, and made us feel welcomed in their home.
Over the two weeks, we hiked, biked, golfed and fished, had some great food at local restaurants, and enjoyed the spectacular views from the deck of the townhome. We very highly recommend this home.
The accomodations at this outstanding residence are so much more than the description! Beauty and luxury surrounded us inside as well as outside. A festival for our senses in the views inside and outside of this lovely property. Gore Creek providing the constant background for private picnics on the patio or above on the balcony, rushing river lulling us to sleep each night. Wonderful amenities in the fully equipped and marble accented kitchen, the peacefully accented bath with jetted tub. The multi-levels provided privacy and accomodations for a large group with creekside guest bedroom and bath on the lowest level, private second level bath and bedroom and master suite on the upper level. We enjoyed lunch a delectable European lunch at the Alpen Rose, guitarist entertainer in the lounge at theSonnenalp, the wildflowers in full bloom at the botanical garden at the Betty Ford Garden and many beautiful wanderings around town, along the miles of bike paths and trails,and hikes up on the mountain. Breakfast in Minturn at the cafe (only one that serves breakfast) was a tasty treat and a step back in time. The farmer's market and street fair there was a leisurely way to spend the Saturday morning. We were truly pampered, now delightful memories linger!!
Blue Ribbon Catch & Release Trout Fishing on the Gore Creek river in our backyard.
Just 50' to the Walking & Biking asphalt Trail to nearby Donavan Park, Cascade Village, Lionshead Restaurants, Bars, Shops, Library, Dobson Ice Arena & a Gondola provides access to the mountain to ski, snow shoe, hike, shop. Continue 1/2 mile east to Vail Village and enjoy more shopping, art galleries & restaurants, the Gerald Ford Outdoor Theater + the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens & on to East Vail to Vail's premier 18-hole Golf Course.
Drive West to Minturn for White Water Rafting, casual Shopping & Rustic Restaurants; Eagle-Vail for Golfing & on to Beaver Creek with an outdoor Ice Skating Rink, Escalator to the chair lift & ticket office for more World-Class Skiing, Upscale Shopping & Dining, Snow-Shoe + great Hiking Trails.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Dec 20 '14 - Jan 4, 2015
Dec 20 - Jan 4
Changeover Day: Saturday
Jan 5 - 30, '15
Jan 5 - Jan 30
Jan31-Feb22 WrldCup;Presdnt Wk
Jan 31 - Feb 22
Changeover Day: Saturday
Feb 23 - Mar 28
Feb 23 - Apr 4
April 5 - April 26
Apr 5 - Apr 26
Nov 1 - Dec 19, 2014
Nov 1 - Dec 19
|Property Damage Protection||$79|
|Notes||Tenant shall pay HomeAway Payments' 2.5% Service Fee; all fees for Electronic Bank transfer Payments, Damage Protection of $69. OR $1,000 Refundable Deposit per terms of lease + $135 after check-out House Cleaning. The actual nightly rent rate for a 4-day rental may vary IF the rental term includes a weekend. Each adult of the rental party must show their valid driver's license prior to check-in.|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.