|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
The Jardins de Merida is a residence with a colonial house for rent, restored with exquisite taste to it's original beauty in a very quiet garden setting with a common swimming pool. It is located in the most desirable area of the historic center of Merida in Yucatan, Mexico, next to the Main Square and to the famous Paseo de Montejo.
The home is fully decorated with high class design and furniture, and is totally independent for water and electricity expenses. The Jardins de Merida is the perfect setting to relax and enjoy an authentic holiday in Yucatan. Discover its rich history, archaeology and friendly local culture.
“Les Jardins de Merida” is restored with exquisite taste to their original beauty in a very quiet garden setting with a large swimming pool.
My wife and I went to visit Merida for 2 months. We stayed at the Jardins de Merida during our whole stay, and we absolutely LOVED IT.
- how well located the property was. It is right in the middle of the historical center, and everything is at a 5 minutes walking distance.
- the property. You feel like you are living in a little hacienda, surrounded by trees and peace (which is very important as Merida is a loud city at times).
- our house. We had all of the comfort of home, with a more modern / exotic touch to it! The decoration, the paintings, the ''ambiance'', everything made us feel like we were in a second home.
- the owners! They were helpful in every way and tried to make our stay as pleasant as possible. If we had a small problem with our house (happened once, with electricity), they would solve the problem in no time.
- our neighbors. The people renting at the same time as us were absolutely charming too! It felt like living in a discrete property and being able to meet people who love travelling too.
We didn't love:
We definitely recommend this place for anyone wanting to spend some time in the Yucatan. It is our number 1 choice, and we will be coming back next year for another 2 months!
We have a love hate relationship with this properrty- known as Les Jardins de Merida. On the one hand, the grounds and architecture of the building are fabulous. Upon walking into the secure courtyard you are bound to have one of those OOOHHH moments. The place is well maintained with a staff of 2 taking care of it daily. The rooms inside the units are spacious and the color pallet is beautiful. The owners are on site and are friendly.The property is conveniently located to all the key sites and you can walk to just about everything.
On the other hand, the owner really skimped on the finishing touches. Do not expect luxury. The kitchen is not set up for much in the way of cooking. If you plan to eat out a lot, it will be OK. However, we were here for a month so we did a lot of cooking in the unit-which called for a bit of creativity in pulling a meal together. There is no oven or grill, just a stove top and microwave (no dishwasher either). This is more of a reminder to you since the description of the property is accurate. We only had one frying pan although there were numerous pots. Utensils consisted of one small knife and a spatula-we bought our own wine opener, knives and other tools.We had to ask the owner for a can opener. There aren't any wine glasses either. The small appliances were really cheap, we had to set a bowl on top of the coffee maker to get it to stay closed to make our coffee. A comment to the owner did not get us a replacement.
The beds were hard...no pillow tops, no mattress pads, just a sheet on top of the bare mattress. The DVD player did not work and the owner told us this was a problem in 3 of the units. BTW-just a reminder that there is no clothes dryer here...we hung clothes over a rack to dry. Bet it's been a long time since you had to do that. Lastly, the wifi/internet was awfully slow and many times it wasn't functioning. If you need a good connection-this place will drive you nuts.
So, if you are only in Merida for a short time and plan to eat out a lot, this place will be fine. If you are here for longer you may want to look for something better equipped.
Merida, Yucatan, Yucatan, Mayan Riviera, Mexico (10 Minutes Driving from the International Airport Merida.) Located in the most desirable area of the historic center of Merida in Yucatan, Mexico, next to the Main square (Zocalo) and to the famous Paseo de Montejo. Merida is 30 minutes drive from the Yucatan beaches on the Gulf of Mexico.
Other Activities: Shopping, Boating, Health/Beauty Spa
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.