I wish I could give this a -5 review.. Not what we expected at all!!
Submitted: September 30, 2012
Stayed: September 2012
I have never given a bad review but I could not help myself. This home did have the space and right amount of rooms, however, that is about the only positive thing I can say.
1. Very, very dirty when we arrived. As if it had not even been cleaned in who knows how long. Our feet were black after walking on the floors for a short time so we had to wear shoes the entire week. It smelled like it had been closed up for a month.
2. The shower curtains were so crusty, nasty, and full of mildew, I was afraid to touch them. Not only were they old, but the rod was rusted, with the metal hangers rusting onto the plastic curtain that obviously has not been changed in years.
3. All of the beds made such a horrible noise when we sat on them, that in order to sleep, we had to remove the mattress and place on the floor to provide any type of support. Much to our dismay considering how dirty the floors were.
4. When we called about the lack of cleaning and other issues, we were told a handy man and clean up crew would come........ they arrived after 3 days, did not clean and left a few light bulbs.
5. Only one room out of five had a dresser with the other rooms with out any place to put our clothes.
6. Only two rooms had a closet so everyone else had to work out of luggage for a week.
7. The furniture was very nasty and a few chairs were broken.
8. Very noisy..... you could hear the TV from the middle floor traveling down stairs and upstairs even on a very low volume. This was an issue since we have a 2 year old that naps in the afternoon. We could hear every word of a conversation when speaking at a moderate level from the main level to the upstairs.
9. The crib mentioned in the listing is a small pack n play and we never say the stroller listed. When we asked about the crib, the owner/manager said he would bring one for the week..... this turned out to be something probably purchased at a salvage store that looked to be about 50 years old and a porta crib. I was not about to put my son in something that didn't even look like it would support an infant. Who knows what type of bacteria is festering in the thin, flimsy mattress that they used a standart sheet to cover. Thank goodness I packed a mattress pad and sheet that fit the pack n play.
10. The bed frames are so old and broken that we had to prop pillows against them to keep them stable.
I would never recommend this home if you are looking for a clean, relaxing place to vacation with family.
Owner's Response: We have multiple beach homes that we own in Panama City Beach, and we strive very hard to provide a well decorated, clean, modern home that has almost every convenience that most upper income homes have. When we stay booked (which we do most of the time), we have to rely on our cleaning crews, and our guests to let us know when there is a problem that needs to be addressed. We tend to every problem that is brought to our attention in a timely manner. We pride ourselves on the service that we provide to our guests!
Occasionally, we run into a guest that is looking for a discounted rate and that complains about a lot things that are both real and non existent. We will fix or correct everything possible as quickly as possible.
Look over all of our reviews and you will see consistently happy guests. Again, we try to make everyone's stay in our homes as positive as possible. Judge as by our full volume of reviews, and not by one malcontent guest.
Helpful votes: 3/4
Did you find this review helpful?