***THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOUSE. THIS IS THE UPSTAIRS 4 BEDROOM UNIT OF A LARGE 3 FAMILY HOUSE, SO RESPECTFUL RENTERS ONLY PLEASE. The house is perfect for a group looking for a quiet weekend in Newport, if that's not you then there are plenty of other houses to choose from.***
GORGEOUS colonial house on the National Historic Register. BEST LOCATION in Newport (Church/Division)! A beautiful, newly renovated apartment (2nd and 3rd floor of the building and 4th floor cupola, secure entrance) with tons of old world character on Church off of Thames St. It is within a few blocks from The Cooke House, Black Pearl, Yesterday’s, Buskers, Starbucks, the movie theatre, etc. It features the following amenities:
- 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths (newly renovated). The 2nd floor has 2 bedrooms (1 queen and 1 full), the 3rd floor has 2 bedrooms (1 full and 2 twin). 1 pull-out couch.
- 3 off-street reserved parking spaces (tight squeeze but you can get 3 in)
- Free washer and dryer in building
- New eat-in kitchen (microwave, blender, coffee maker, panini maker, pots/pans...fully stocked. No dishwasher)
- Charming patio you won’t want to leave w/ charcoal BBQ and patio set
- Cable, 32' TV, Bose stereo system and internet
- Beautiful furniture...ie. 4-post mahogany Queen bed, brass canopy full bed (new mattresses)
- Exclusive use of the romantic 4th floor cupola that overlooks the harbor (seats 2)
- Hardwood floors throughout and 9 ft ceilings. 4 beautiful fireplaces (fireplaces do NOT work). 2nd floor alcove.
- Large storage area in basement for storing bicycles, fishing gear, beach gear, etc.
- Spacious living room that can accommodate a large group comfortably
- Ceiling fans, throw blankets, soft towels, games, books and movie collection ...all of the things to make your stay comfortable
I grew up in California and love the beach. I visited Newport for the first time two years ago and fell in love! Now I am bi-coastal.
If I have free time then I want to spend it in Newport, it is my favorite place to be. I wanted to be right down town near all of the action of the downtown triangle, but still have some peace and quiet. This home was the perfect mix of both! I love its old world charm, the history (National Historic Landmark) and being close to all of my favorite spots in town. I can walk to the beach, Tennis Hall of Fame, the mansions and fantastic restaurants. Being able to walk to these places is key because of summer traffic and tough parking!
Some unique benefits this house has to offer is it's proximately to many of Newport's favorite spots (within just a few blocks from the harbor, Cooke House, Black Pearl, Yesterday’s, Buskers, Starbucks, the movie theatre, etc.) The house also boasts a charming patio for BBQ's and fun as well as a romantic 4th floor cupola which looks out over the harbor. Every piece of furniture was selected to complete the perfect feel for this vacation get-away...from a beautiful mahogany 4-post bed to a wistful breezy brass canopy bed, twin Cape beds, teak carvings, bookcase full of great summer reading material, cozy alcove and fireplace reading areas, and a series of antique maps which shows man's perception of the world throughout time...very interesting!
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.