This home is central to everything- 5 minutes takes you to one of the area’s finest natural wonders- PT. Lobos State Park, as well as Carmel River Beach, Mission Ranch, The Carmel Mission and downtown quaint Carmel by the Sea with its European style cafés, art galleries and boutique shops. Nearby towns such as Carmel Highlands, Carmel Valley, Pebble Beach, Pacific Grove and Monterey are all located a short distance from the house with easy access from Hwy 1.
From the moment you enter the house you feel like you have been welcomed by a good friend or family member. You will find a welcome note and basket with a bottle of sparkling cider, sun dried tomato pesto torta in the refrigerator
There is a basket brimming with local information about Carmel, Carmel Valley (wine tasting country) Pebble Beach (home of the AT&T), Big Sur, Golf (over 15 in the area), State Parks, Area Attractions, Shopping, (Safeway, Trader Joe's and Whole foods, and Costco are all within 10 minutes) Monterey Bay Aquarium, Cannery Row, and Fisherman’s Wharf. Even if you stayed a year you could not put a dent in all the area has to offer. You will most likely be planning your return trip to this wonderful home and Monterey Peninsula. The real jewels are the beaches and coastline that words cannot even begin to describe and have been the source of inspiration for artists and poets and writers as well as many movies that have been made here.
A comprehensive welcome book tells you everything you need to know about the house which is ideal for families (families of two can stay here and have plenty of room), weddings, reunions, and 3 couples traveling together or golf buddies/girl friend’s outings. The great aspect of this home is its versatility.
Sanctuary has a spacious open floor plan with plenty of natural light and perfect for bringing people together. The large living area opens up to a deck with beautiful serene views of the pastures and rolling hills dotted with cows. There is a wood burning /gas kindler fireplace with plenty of seating to enjoy conversation, watch TV, listen to music or be entertained by the Baby Grand Piano, a wonderful feature of this home. The dining area seats up to 10 so no one needs to be left out.
The owners have recently painted the house, replaced carpet and simplified the furnishings and décor so that the beautiful artwork has a place to stand out and be appreciated on its own.
The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need to cook for a thanksgiving dinner and there is a breakfast room with whimsical tables and chairs to sit and enjoy a quiet cup of tea and browse thru cookbooks.
The Master Bedroom is located on the first floor with beautiful views and its own master bathroom complete with separate tub and shower. There is a guest bedroom and bathroom as well.
The lower level which has plenty of light and glass doors opening up to Rose Gardens and a fully fenced in back yard and patio has a large family room with a sectional pull out bed sofa. This bonus room is great for two families traveling together making it possible for all the kids to hang out, or the guys watch their sports leaving upstairs for quiet reading or conversations. There is a third spacious bedroom with a King Bed and its own bathroom.
The house has all the latest technological features, WiFi, high speed internet, unlimited local and long distance, 40” plasma TV with DVD/VHS, stereo system.
The washer and dryer are located in the garage as well as all the beach chairs, umbrellas picnic basket, coolers, everything you need to head for a day at the beach. The garage at this time is not available for cars. There is off street parking for 2 cars and plenty on the street.
There is a gas BBQ gill, firewood for the fireplaces as well as fires on the beach, (Ribera Beach allows fires). If you have never experienced a fire on the beach that is worth the trip itself as it is truly magical and something you will always remember.
This Sanctuary in the Meadows is the best of all worlds...A quiet serene setting of hills and wildlife, a pristine private beach just minutes away , an easy 5-minute drive to Carmel by the Sea and surrounding areas, a large spacious home that welcomes you and awaits your arrival.
Come be our guest and allow yourself to be nurtured and inspired by the wonder and beauty of this special Sanctuary by the Sea......
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
* There are areas on the Monterey Peninsula that require a 7 night minimum stay. Please call to confirm availability.
* 10.5% County transient occupancy tax applicable to base rental fees.
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent depending on number of guests including infants & children. $200 1-4 guests, $225 5-6 guests, $250 7-8 guests, $300 9-10 guests.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with the owner of the rental and paying for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* Rates are based on up to 8 guests, including infants & children. If additional guests, add $50/night or $200/week for 9-10 guests.
* Accidental, Loss and Damage Waiver Fee $75 instead of security deposit (covers up to $2,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
* No pets allowed at this location. Please check our other houses if you need a pet friendly home.
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest for rentals of 30 days or more.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.
* This is a 2 story residence so please discuss this with us if anyone in your party has difficulty climbing stairs.
* Last-Minute Specials!! $50 to $100 discount per night, depending on number of guests, if booked within 7 days of arrival, subject to owner's approval. “Minimum night stays” can also be waived.