It's cozy and peaceful inside! Start with a complimentary bottle of up-north wine as you gaze out floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking a tranquil lake and the woods beyond.
Get a fantastic (and affordable) massage or facial four minutes away and take $25 off this month (our treat)! Wander into a sweet village a mile down the road or to nearby charming up north 'cities.'
Relax inside with a cappuccino or hot chocolate from a well-stocked kitchen, watch one of many dozens of movies or cable in high def on a 50' flat screen TV; pick from a multitude of CDs, books and games, or use our WIFI.
Get cozy in freshly laundered robes and lounging-around socks (for kids AND adults) in our toasty year-round cottage. Curl up with flannel sheets, down comforters and fleece blankets. (In the master bedroom, enjoy a queen bed with an antique headboard and a luxurious mattress topper while looking out at the lake through sliding glass doors. New as of December 2014 in the second bedroom: two solid wood twin over full bunk beds.) Enjoy our completed updated bathroom
Eat out or cook in with our kitchen-- with gadgets ranging from an espresso machine, Kitchen Aid mixer and electric pancake griddle to fresh herbs and tomatoes growing outside the front door (those, sadly, spring through fall only) .
Outside, sled, cross-country or downhill ski, wander through the snow, or ice fish on the lake. Enjoy browsing antique shops, galleries, and other charming haunts. An easy few-minute walk to a peaceful village (with a few charming shops, a pub and a couple of restaurants), and an easy drive to a handful of quintessential up-north 'cities' like Charlevoix, Petoskey, Traverse City, and Gaylord, and the sweet towns of Elk Rapids and Alden. Or play at Michigan’s largest indoor water park at nearby Boyne.
About that massage or facial...We've teamed up with a spa less than five minutes down the road to offer an assortment of options for men, women and children: luxurious massages (choose hot-stone; deep tissue; Swedish and more); facials; pedicures; manicures, reflexology and more. Enjoy one treat, or spend the day there! Spa packages (to name a few) include: Queen for a Day (massage, facial, manicure); King for a Day (deep tissue massage; gentleman's facial and manicure; and hair cut); Prince or Princess for a Day (chocolate cream facial mask, mini-manicure and mini-pedicure and relaxation massage); Ladies' or Men's Day or Night Out with any of the above...or add to your package reflexology, a rejuvenator special with essential oils and hot stone and paraffin for your hands or feet, Reiki and more. Ask for more details!
Tucked into a glacial valley and nestled in the hills of northwest Michigan, we're located on a 75-mile chain of beautiful lakes. Halfway between the Equator and the North Pole on the 45th Parallel, we're surrounded by rolling hills and miles of lakes.
Minutes away, visit Bellaire's restaurants, cafes, a spectacular brewpub, Shanty Creek's championship golf courses and ski slopes; enjoy indoor putt-putt, or take in a movie. Dine at a renowned gourmet restaurant a few miles north of us or at lovely small-town cafes.
Here's a quick tour (watch our video for pictures to go with it). Remodeled in 2007, the light-filled single-level open-plan design includes a:
• Master Bedroom: Queen bed with a luxurious mattress topper, where you can look out sliding glass doors leading to a private deck and the lake beyond; ceiling fan and window a.c. unit; TV and DVD player, and a comfy chair. Linens included.
• Second Bedroom: Two sets of bunk beds each with a double and single bed; window a.c. unit (when needed); DVD player, flat screen TV and cable, toys and children's books.
• Living Room: Three sets of sliding glass doors stretching across the lakefront wall. They lead to a deck w/a gas grill, picnic table, and a glorious view of the lake a few dozen steps away; two full couch/sofabeds and an overstuffed chair; ceiling fan and air conditioning unit (for summer, of course); 50' flat screen, high-def TV, DVD player, stereo, a large collection of movies, music, books, toys and games.
• Dining Room: Sliding glass doors; queen couch/futon; dining table(s); ceiling fan and a library.
• Kitchen: Open to the living and dining rooms with a lake view and a breakfast bar with seating. Fully equipped and well stocked
• One and a half bathrooms: ceramic tile floor; shower/tub & double sinks in primary bath, completely remodeled in December 2013, and a second small bathroom. We supply towels.
• Garage: for storing bikes, fishing rods, snowmobiles (plus a few adult and child-sized bikes you can use at your own risk).
Come on up to what our son lovingly named 'Our Hanley Lake Hideaway' and a repeat guest calls 'Our Little Slice of Heaven!'
Keywords: Family-friendly cottage; pet-friendly retreat, dogs welcome; secluded lakefront all-season cottage; year-round vacation home; sunny guest home, country house with walls of windows, Hanley Lake Hideaway; up north cabin; northern Michigan retreat; private lake; boats; kayaks and canoe; dock; private decks.