Then stroll, boat (or drive) 3/4-mile to town for treats and eats. Laze around inside and out, playing games, watching movies, drinking cappuccino or reading a book. (We have hundreds of games, DVDs, CDs, and books.) Enjoy our new electric pancake griddle and a host of kitchen toys for foodies!
Enjoy a winter stay in our supremely well-insulated home-away-from-home is a delight. Sled right out the door down to the lake or take a short drive for nearby downhill and cross-country skiing and tubing, snowmobiling and ice fishing. Or book for spring and summer (we're almost full).
'Like' us and find more photos and comments on facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hanley-Lake-Hideaway/210596372323738
Tucked into a glacial valley and nestled in the hills of northwest Michigan , we're located on a 75-mile chain of beautiful lakes. Halfway between the Equator and the North Pole on the 45th Parallel:
• Wander a mile into the friendly village of Central Lake for great food and drink, a playground and a little shopping.
• Get a great massage or facial at a lakefront spa just two miles from home.
• Minutes away, visit Bellaire's restaurants, cafes, a spectacular brewpub, Shanty Creek's championship golf courses and ski slopes; enjoy indoor putt-putt, or take in a movie.
•Dine at a renowned gourmet restaurant a few miles north of us.
• Enjoy the nearby quintessential up-north cities of Charlevoix, Petoskey, Traverse City, and Gaylord, and the sweet towns of Elk Rapids, and Alden.
• Play at Michigan’s largest indoor water park.
Or relish the peace at home! Drink a cappuccino or share a bottle of complimentary up-north wine, wander, ski, fish...Enjoy our amply stocked kitchen and an overflowing collection of books, movies, CDs, toys and games for young and old.
Initiate our new electric pancake griddle; roast marshmallows on an indoor s'mores maker or use the chocolate fondue kit, or go outside for our fire pit by the lake. Get cozy in freshly laundered robes and lounging-around socks (for kids AND adults). When it's chilly out, sleep with flannel sheets and soft, warm blankets.
Enjoy your own:
--master bedroom with sliding glass doors leading to a private deck overlooking the lake;
--second bedroom with two sets of double-single bunk beds;
--light-filled open-plan design, with a breakfast bar (ideal for sharing company, whether cooking, reading, or playing);
--fully equipped and well stocked kitchen, from an espresso machine, French Press, crock pot and bread machine to condiments, (brand new) spices, and basics to get you started before you run to the store down the block;
--single and double kayaks, a canoe, and floats (for swimming AND sledding right down the back lawn onto the lake);
--and many, many more ideas of where and how to play, found in our 28-page welcome letter and an overflowing file box.
Each season has its joys. In spring, summer and fall, bike, drive or meander along winding country roads. Fish for bass, pike, perch, walleye and more. Rent a pontoon or motor boat right down the road or bring your own. At night, roast marshmallows on a campfire by the lake. Delight in a winter stay in our supremely well-insulated home-away-from-home. Enjoy nearby downhill and cross-country skiing and tubing, snowmobiling and ice fishing.
In 30-45 minutes, you can be eating, shopping, and playing in Charlevoix, Petoskey,Traverse City or Gaylord, or closer by in the sweet towns of Alden and Elk Rapids. Wineries, art galleries, Michigan's largest indoor water park, good food and more await you. Depending on the season, go hot air ballooning, tearing down a zip-line, fruit picking or hitting yard sales. Visit charming shops and restaurants.
In the spring and summer, relish your own peaceful, quiet lake right outside your door. Doze in the hammock or on the tree swing, play in the sand, fish, swim, or appreciate it from indoors. Drive just ten minutes to Lake Michigan and Torch Lake--stroll along the sandy beach, swim and sunbathe. Pick Morel mushrooms, listen to the birds and enjoy the lush flowers and trees.
We have a file box literally stuffed with articles, brochures, maps, and still more resources. Don't miss the guest reviews below for their cool ideas. Just below the 'dates available' section below, you'll find a link for additional photos on our facebook page too.
Here’s a quick summary. Remodeled in 2007, the light-filled single-level open-plan design includes a:
• Master Bedroom: New queen and an antique headboard; sliding glass doors leading to a private deck and the lake beyond; ceiling fan; TV and DVD player, and a comfy chair. Linens included.
• Second Bedroom: Two sets of bunk beds each with a double and single bed (featherbeds for the doubles); Xbox/DVD player & games, toys and children's books.
• Living Room: Three sets of sliding glass doors stretch across the lakefront wall. They lead to a deck w/a gas grill, picnic table, and a glorious view of the lake a few dozen steps away; two full couch/sofabeds and an overstuffed chair; ceiling fan; TV, DVD, stereo, movie, music, book, toy and game collections.
• Dining Room: Sliding glass doors; queen couch/futon; dining table(s); ceiling fan and a library.
• Kitchen: Open to the living and dining rooms with a lake view and a breakfast bar with seating. Fully equipped and well stocked
• One and a half bathrooms: ceramic tile floor; shower/tub & double sinks in primary bath, second small bath. We supply towels.
• Garage: for storing bikes, fishing rods, snowmobiles, and extra stuff we provide your pets and children (plus a few adult and child-sized bikes you can use at your own risk).
Come on up to what our son lovingly named 'Our Hanley Lake Hideaway' and a repeat guest calls 'Our Little Slice of Heaven!'
Keywords: Family-friendly cottage; pet-friendly retreat, secluded lakefront all-season cottage, sunny guest home, country house with walls of windows, Hanley Lake Hideaway; up north cabin