Look no further...
We booked Casa Blanca for my 40th on recommendations from a friend who lives locally and they could not have made a better suggestion. Honestly, the minute we walked in the door everyone's jaw just about hit the floor. I believe the comments started something like this; "You have got to be kidding. We're staying here? For two weeks? Oh, it's on!" All kidding aside, this has got to be one of the best properties in the area. Mike, you have pulled together an absolutely amazing home. Originally we questioned whether or not we wanted to be that far out of town (1.5KM), but after a day or two, we were so happy we made that decision. All details were very well thought out, from the overall design of the home, to the surround sound, movie room, rooftop patio, pool, etc. Top that off with unbelievable views and no neighbors, what else could you ask for? We simply can't say enough.
Our next couple of weeks were blessed with uncrowded overhead surf each morning, followed by some sort of afternoon adventure; horseback riding, quads, ziplining, hiking, beach days, etc. For those who plan on coming down, here are a few suggestions for your trip:
- Go for a surf with Jobbie. Just go into town. You'll find his shop near the crossroads. One of the best humans on the planet.
- Zip line in Mal pais, rather than Montezuma. The lines are longer and the guys were more fun. Less touristy.
- Go hike to the waterfall in Montezuma.
- Go horseback riding with Veronica or Pabro from Sapoa Adventures. Actually, do anything with these two for that matter. They are amazing people. Our girls (ages 8 & 12) couldn't stop talking about them.
- Buy fresh fish (from the local fishman's village down the road) for the bbq or ceviche.
- Eat, at least once, at the following places - Koji's (sushi), The Bakery (Breakfast), Brisas del Mar (Breakfast or Dinner), Las Piedras (Dinner), Ritmo Tropical (Dinner), Mary's (Dinner), Playa de los artistas (evening drinks), Ylang Ylang (evening drinks). Finally, Habaneros sucks!!! (For what it's worth) Don't go there. They get the spotlight for the worst service, worst drinks and most overpriced meal of our trip.
On a final note... Mike, thank you for being so easy to work with. We will absoluetly be back down to join you again. This has been one of the best family trips which we've taken and we have built memories which will last a lifetime.
Families with Teenagers,
Did you find this review helpful?