Not Renter Friendly!
The owner tried to charge more then what's listed on the site. When questioned she honored the price. I had mentioned that the cleaning fee she was asking was quite a bit higher then the other places I was researching. She offered to lower it. Even though she was not offering mid week lower rates as most other renters were we thought the place looked very nice and she was willing to take our 8 year old Chihuahua which is an inside dog that goes on pee pads. Chichi did have an accident which cleaned up in a snap on the concrete floors.
I will get the one positive mentioned now as there were allot of negatives. It was a newer nice looking place but....
1. Walkway sheet of ice. Care taker suggested I use ash from the fireplace as traction. Really? I thought that was his job.
2. They ask you use the fireplace and stove to save on heating bills but don't leave adequate supplies to start a fire just two shards of wood treated with starter fluid. As a season fire starter it proved impossible. I had to trek into town to purchase real starters.
3. Toilet paper left at end of roll with no replacements we had to go out and purchase more toilet paper plus paper towels which were not supplied.
4. All floors were drab concrete which you don't expect to see in a cabin. No mention of the floors being heated as the source of heat.
5.Wifi hidden and disconnected stashed behind kitchen counter. No mention on where it was my daughter spotted it by accident.
6. Master bedroom had allot of nice open glass but no shades what so ever. We felt like the creepy run down house next door could see our every move even in the shower as the room is totally exposed and you are on display.
7. A board game or DVD would have been nice and instructions on how to use TV and Cable.
8. Lack of general instructions on things.
9. Impossible to figure out how the front door locked. None of us could. It explains why the front door was left open when we arrived and went the two nights with it unlocked.
While these issues may not be huge when your paying top $$$ a night midweek you feel most of them should be addressed. To cap it all off the owner felt the need to call me at work because the house keeper said we left some dishes in the sink. She proceed to chew me out which I did not stand for. C'mon really? What did we pay a cleaning fee for? She made us bring our own sheets, I took out the trash and treated the respected. All around bad mini vacation!
Owner's Response: SD, I'm so sorry your stay was a disappointment. I have taken your complaints and made improvements. Your constructive criticism is always a way for me to make the house more comfortable for future renters.
Thank you for your thoughts.
Helpful votes: 0/1
Did you find this review helpful?