Happiness in Waikiki
Submitted: May 14, 2013
Stayed: April 2013
This was our first experience utilizing a vacation rental and there were pro's and "to be improved" areas as with many new experiences.
- The location of this unit is perfection, all of 2-blocks to Waikiki Beach, Honolulu Zoo, shopping and great restaurants
- The unit is equipped with all it is promoted to have (the small kitchen is VERY useful and saves you money by having the space and options to make your own meals)
- The pictures are pretty accurate with regard to decor and ammenities
- The initial booking process was easy
- We would reccommend this property overall
To Be Worked On:
- As we have openly communicated with the property manager (on this and all of the items I list below), the check-in process needs to be easier for travelers
- The unit was not cleaned to what we considered to be an acceptable standard
- As new vacation renters, we did not feel that the property manager was responsive in a way that made us feel this process was a trustworthy one. Again, we have openly communicated with him our concerns and are awaiting rectification on one of those points.
Overall, and something to truly understand, when you visit Hawaii, you will likely be outdoors 85% of the time! Take advantage of the amazing weather, happy people and way of life. I say this to balance out the constructive feedback provided with regard to this rental. We hope to have our circumstance rectified so we may feel confident about utilizing a great option such as VRBO. We would happily stay in this rental again (great price/ammenities/location), but also hope our feedback is taken seriously to improve the experience for future renters and even us should we come back and want to stay in the Waikiki area.
Tourists without a Car,
Did you find this review helpful?