Morehead City Cabin Rental Photos and Description
Cabin, 3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6-10)
Gorgeous waterfront log cabin in the Crystal Coast. A relaxing get-away within 25 minutes of ocean front activities. Perfect for couples, families, fishermen, and anyone who wants to relax and enjoy life and beauty that surrounds. It's tucked between the Croatan National Forest and the Newport River Bay.
Unique to this property are the rustic log cabin walls, hardwood floors, a wood burning fireplace and comfortable chairs for an ideal retreat. Find open common areas, large kitchen, and large waterfront deck. Views of sunrise, shrimp boats, and crab point across the bay are admired from big picture windows and the deck. A platform tree house is built in a large oak tree next to the deck.
The 150 foot private pier is for fishing, shrimping, crabbing, kayaking, or watching egrets, crabs, and other native North Carolina wildlife along the protected coastline.
First Floor: Main level of the cabin. Large water-facing picture windows in open living area and kitchen/ dining areas. Magnificent view of the water. Also on this level are the kitchen and dining areas, lower level bathroom, and master bedroom.
Second Floor: The second floor has two bedrooms, a large bathroom, and open social area. The upper level balcony in front of the bedrooms also has a waterfront view. The upstairs social area and bedrooms overlook the lower level living area.
Note for boaters: At the pier, there is no ladder into the water, and the water depth at low tide at the end of the pier is only inches of water. During low tide, the pier may not be accessible by water for motorized boats, and may be grounded if docked. The entire river basin is two to six feet deep, and best suited to kayaks/canoes or smaller low drafting boats.
Keywords: Crystal Coast, Waterfront, Cabin, Retreat, Newport, North Carolina, Beaufort, Morehead City, Atlantic Beach, NC, Honeymoon, Romantic, Getaway, Log Cabin, Family, Vacation
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- non smoking only
- pets considered
About Natasha Wyckoff
Owners Scott Wyckoff and Natasha Wyckoff are continuing the dream of their mother to create a beautiful peaceful retreat for all to enjoy.
The cabin is on the waterfront, tucked in the Croatan National Forest near Mill Creek.
Natasha Wyckoff purchased this cabin in 2002
Why Natasha Wyckoff chose Morehead City
Our mother chose this area for the waterfront, open land, and privacy. She and others spent 4 years building this cabin. Susan labored over cleaning up the land, rebuilding the pier after a previous hurricane, selecting and cutting cedar wood to create the cedar closets in the bedrooms, and finding the perfect hardwood flooring to further beautify her cabin.
What makes this cabin unique
15 minutes to Morehead City or Beaufort
20 minutes to the Atlantic Ocean
- Sitting on the deck, sipping coffee, watching the morning sun's reflection on the water.
- True peace and quiet. Large oak trees and open areas perfect for relaxation or meditation.
- Family meals in front of huge picture windows facing the water.
- Watching delighted kids' faces as they watch the marsh crabs scurry under the dock.
- Curling up with a good book or your loved one in front of the wood burning fireplace.
- Shopping in Beaufort's unique shops and boutiques nearby.
- The magical experience of watching dolphins in the Altantic just a few miles away. Fort Macon has a great public beach where we have seen dolphins in the distance. Ecology boat tours guide you to NC wildlife, wild ponies, and dolphins playing in the ocean.
- Boating to tour the nearby Cape Lookout Lighthouse.