Ok types! Need a maintenance review.
Submitted: September 11, 2012
Stayed: August 2012
- Location: if you have your car, the place is not that far from most of the places you want to visit.
- The owners are nice to talk to and seem to be cooperating.
- Nice hot tub.
- Kitchen fully stacked with utensils.
Cons- We had a bad experience overall, keeping in mind, the premium charges that we paid for this property over labour day weekend.
- Property manager not reachable for any kind of maintenance/requests/complaints.
- Game room is not maintained properly. Dirt on pool table. Old balls, tips of all the sticks were broken. Called up the owner and he asked us to buy those from some shop that does not show up on any GPS. Two of us spent a good couple of hours to locate that shop. The money will be reimbursed by owner though.
- The water pressure in bathrooms and kitchen is low after the water switch has been switched on. This hurts more in bathrooms as you definitely can't afford a shower if you are in a hurry and if you a re a big group it is definitely a time consuming activity on your schedule.
- Saggy mattress in the queen bedroom.
- Its an effort to dump your trash as the dumpsters are over 1.5 miles from the property.
Everything is there as promised but definitely not in good shape. You can talk to owners who are responsive, but they cant help much as they are not staying in vicinity. Property manager is not reachable so it's virtually useless to call up the owners as they are helpless on most of the things.
I would not recommend this property unless it's maintained properly with professional attention to the customers.
Owner's Response: We are truly surprised with this review. There have been many people who have stayed at our house and were very happy with the accommodations. A plumber has come in and fixed the water pressure issue. We understand that there was an issue with the condition of the pool sticks, A pool store is just ten minutes away and we immediately authorized that the renters purchase whatever they needed. We reimbursed them for the purchase of the pool balls and sticks as we promised. The property is in a development with a trash dumping station. This is the nature of being in the Poconos so animals will not get into trash cans outside homes in this area. It is about 1.5 miles away and easiest to get to by car. The house is in good condition and maintained. The website pictures are an accurate description of our property at this time. Don't let one review sway your view! Read all the reviews!
Helpful votes: 3/5
Did you find this review helpful?