|Minimum Stay||1 - 3 nights|
Stay like a true New Yorker in this adorable remodeled two bedroom apartment. (I also have another 2 bedroom right next door with a patio) Stay on the edge of the historic and trendy Lower East Side which just across the street you will find the poetic East Village and take a short stroll to cosmopolitan restaurants, cafes and galleries in SOHO and Lower East Side. You can also get your coffee in a local cafe, utilize the computer in the apt, take your book to the park across the street or sit on one of the many benches and watch the life go by. Oh, don’t forget about the go to the brand new enormous Whole Foods that is just across the street. You cannot ask for a better location!
This trendy and cozy two bedroom apt can accommodate up to five people. It's a quiet and peaceful apt with all the comforts of home. It offers total rest after a day soaking up the many wonders of NYC.
I also have another 2 bedroom, that is right next door and it has a private patio.
Lots of fun stuff to do in the neighborhood.: There are tons of cultural, nightlife and shopping attractions for you to enjoy, like…
* SOHO shopping- just 4 blocks away
* East Village- right across the street
* Lower East Side restaurants and trendy bars- one block away
* Brand new enormous Whole Foods-right outside the door
* The Tenement Museum- 6 blocks away
* Clinton Street Restaurants- 6 blocks away
* Union Square- 10 minute walk
* Little Italy- 4 blocks away
* Chinatown- 6 blocks away
* Famous Katz’ Deli (When Harry Met Sally)
* Thompkin Square Park- 7 minutes away
* Yonah Shimmel’s Knishes- right next door
* Landmark Sunshine Theatre- right next door
* Times Square- 20 minutes away
* Central Park- 25 minutes away
This cozy vacation rental is a newly remodeled apartment which includes: 2 separate bedrooms with brand new orthopedic double beds, Notebook, WiFi, a charming bright living room with a pull-out queen size sofa bed from Macy's, fresh linens and towels, organic shampoo, conditioner, and soap, full remodeled kitchen, lots of sunshine, garden fire escape, park across the street, backyard for bikes, AC, heat, Wi-Fi, 27” DVD television, stereo, soccer field, basketball courts, IPOD Stereo, radio, CD player, and many more wonderful features that will make your stay more comfortable while visiting the Big Apple.
There’s also plenty public transportation right outside the front door. We're located one block from the F train and less than a 10-minute walk to the B, D and 6 train. There's also a great park across the street that is over 10 blocks long and ends in Chinatown. Street parking is also available if needed in the neighborhood.
I do strongly prefer a minimum of a 7 night stay, but if your days are available on the below calendar we can try to accommodate your needs.
Thanks for your interest,
Loved Mandys place . It was a great two bedroom apartment and I just can't get over how comfy the beds were . As a difficult sleeper I was in absolute heaven . The location is great, walking distance to local bars and restaurants . Subway was maybe a block over, and a short cab ride to everything. . Location location location! Deff recommend her place, and will be staying again next time were in the city!
I cannot imagine ever staying in a hotel again after my experience staying at this apartment! The location is perfect for exploring the city -- five minutes in any direction and you can be in SoHo, Little Italy, Chinatown and the East Village -- or on the subway up to Central Park and Times Square. The neighborhood is hip like the NYC you see in movies.
The accommodations were clean, comfortable and spacious (by New York standards). The apartment is fully-equipped and we found everything we needed. It is a great retreat after a long day of sightseeing.
Mandy is a lovely hostess and didn't hesitate to recommend great restaurants and bars in the area (there are a ton). I'd stay here again in a heartbeat, not only because it's a fab space and location -- but an excellent bargain for the price (especially when compared to the hotels in the area).
We recently stayed in this lovely little apartment in So Ho during our stay in New York. The apartment was well located, very close to the subways, restaurants, bars and shopping. Easy accessable to all the main attractions in Manhattan with just a few short stops on the train. The apartment was clean and had all the amenities that we required including a well equipped kitchen. The apartment was comfortable enough for 4 adults with one using a blow up queen size bed that was quite cosy. Also being on busy Houston Street it was surprisingly quiet in the evening. The Owner "Mandy" was easy to communicate with and was nice enough to let us access the unit a bit early on our arrival day as we had a very early flight. Overall our stay was quite pleasant and would thoroughly recommend this apartment to our friends or family.
DESCRIPTION ACCURACY? NO. Basic rental requirements were not disclosed until after the cancellation deadline:
The “SELF CHECK-IN”: go next door, walk behind a sign, locate a lock attached to the sign, (there were several, so it wasn’t obvious), enter a code, and find the keys. If you arrive at night bring a flashlight; it’s dark back there. The entry door has graffiti on the outside; inside, the entry is filthy and funky.
We were told, “ALSO PLEASE BE DISCRETE” about getting into the apartment and, “If anybody in the building asks who you are just tell them that you are ‘Mandy's friends’.” I suspect it’s not a permitted rental and just getting in felt sneaky.
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CLEAN before you leave or you will be charged another $150. This includes requiring the guest to, “vacuum…or sweep the entire apt…clean the apartment of dust…clean the entire bathroom (bathtub, shower, sink, floor and trash)…or you will be charged.” So, it’s a great rental for anybody who wants to spend their travel time cleaning an apartment.
Several items in the apartment description were just flat out false; even the photos are somewhat misleading. The sofa appeared new, but it stank. The three living room chairs were funky; one was stained, another was all torn up. And, no iMac. One bare-bulb lamp.
CLEAN? NO. Dusty floors, smelly mold and mildew on the shower curtain. The view from the toilet was a corner with a blobby mess of dirt and caulk, out of which, halfway through the stay, BUGS started emerging. Also just don’t even look under the kitchen sink or behind the aprons that are strung up next to the stove.
CUSTOMER SERVICE? NO. We never saw our “host”. I texted to let her know we arrived and that there were some cleanliness issues. Her response, “Cleaning lady came on Friday. She’s a great cleaner.” We noted the security chain on the front door had fallen out of the frame; the host told us to “use both bolt locks if you want, which is better than the safety lock.”
RECOMMEND? NO! We booked a week, but left early when we just couldn’t stand it any more. We were relieved the 3d person who had planned to meet us in NYC could not make it; I would have been embarrassed. The sad part is, this could be a really sweet apartment; the floors are beautiful wood, newer windows were pretty effective at muffling Houston Street noise. With a good deep cleaning and some TLC this apartment would have been a good deal in a great Lower East Side neighborhood.
Traveling from Alaska one is never quite sure that what you see is what you're going to get. But this apartment gives you an accurate description of where it is and what it has to offer. We traveled for my sister's 50th birthday trip bringing our husbands along as well. The location could not have been better for all things NYC. There are two subway stops within a 2 minute walk, the Whole Foods is amazing and the YMCA offers a wonderful workout facility. There are so many restaurants, bodegas, pubs that you would never actually need to leave, everything is within walking distance. However, anything that you want to do uptown is a simple F train to Rockefeller Center, could not be easier to get around. There are also cabs and buses readily available. We all felt extremely safe as well.
The apartment is tight for two couples but very manageable but again the description is completely accurate. Mandy was very easy to deal with and answered all my questions and was responsive to my emails. You cannot go wrong with this apartment, you won't regret renting it. Vezina/Evers Party
Let me start off by saying that we were both very happy with the apartment; for the money you won't find better accommodation for two friends. That said, I'll also say this:
1) It's the perfect size for two friends travelling together. Two _couples_, however, might find it a bit cramped for anything more than a weekend, especially with only one bathroom.
2) The apartment isn't _really_ in SoHo. Technically, yes, it's south of Houston Street (five feet south :-) ), but the neighbourhood in which it's found is more accurately described as the Lower East Side. Don't let that put you off, though; the LES is home to many fun things to see and do. (A little more later.)
3) The apartment had the usual amenities (kitchen, bathroom, etc.), all in good condition, but probably the best one, or at least the one we used the most, was the iMac in the living room. The iMac (and the WiFi that went along with it) was worth a significant portion of the price of admission alone.
4) The apartment was clean and well-maintained, and (for those worried about such things) showed no signs of bedbugs at all. That said, promised shampoo and shower gel wasn't there on arrival. A quick trip to the store fixed that, however.
5) Mandy (the owner) was very easy to deal with, and very responsive to questions. Her busy schedule caused her, at one point, to lose track of our departure date and the amount of money we'd paid, but this was all very easily dealt with. Make sure you keep a record of all of that too, just in case. (Some of this may have been our fault too; we changed arrival and departure dates a couple of times.)
6) There's lots to do in the 'hood. Personal high points for me included leather jacket shopping on Orchard Street, The Pickle Guys, Yonah Schimmel Knishes (downstairs), Katz's Deli (just down Houston Street), and Veselka's at 2nd Avenue and 9th Street. Whole Foods is also very close by, and there's a movie theatre right next door if you like. The apartment is also really close to the F train subway stop (the closest entrance is probably the one in front of Whole Foods), which you can take to Coney Island or points north. However convenient it is, I'll add that if you're planning on spending your time in midtown at the theatres, you may want to look at other properties a little farther north, unless you don't mind spending 10 or 15 minutes commuting back and forth on the F train every day.
You can tell by now we liked it. I think you will too.
This was a nice, no frills place to stay for a family of 4. We stayed 8 nights in the heat of the summer (2 days upper 90s). The air conditioner was a big plus and really helped with street noise at night. The apartment pictures truly represent the apartment and it's charm. Lots of stuff very close and Mandy provided excellent dining recommendations in the neighborhood. Also, Mandy was very helpful with a late departure time by allowing us to keep our bags in the apartment for part of the day.
You'll Love this Neighborhood and adorable apt
Other Activities: Hello, it's NYC we have everything you could ever imagine
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Mar 1 2015 - Dec 31 2015
1 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the manager's website: