Bainbridge Island House Rental Photos and Description
House, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6)
A stunning view of Puget Sound and the Seattle skyline greets you upon arrival at our Rockaway Beach house. The ever changing view includes ferries, cargo ships and pleasure boat traffic, along with sea lions, porpoises, and bird life all set against the background of the Space Needle and the Seattle skyline. The open floor plan allows you to take in the views from almost anywhere in the house with most rooms having spectacular water views.
You will also appreciate the tranquility and natural beauty of our south island location while being just 4.9 miles from the shops and restaurants of downtown Winslow, along with your own private beach.
Living and Dining Area: While our location puts you in close proximity to many outdoor activities, you will also find your indoor time can be enjoyable as well. The house features:
• Propane Fireplace
• Queen sofa sleeper sofa along with two leather swivel chairs
• 42” LCD television with an extensive list of cable channels including HBO, HBO on Demand, ESPN and Showtime.
• Sound system to accommodate mp3 players and phones
• High speed wireless internet.
• Dining table with seating for up to six
• Alcove with desk
• Library area with a wide variety of hardcover books, games, and playing cards.
Kitchen: You will enjoy cooking and the view from this well equipped kitchen.
• Modern stainless steel appliances
• Dishwasher and disposal
• Twelve sets of dishes, and flatware
• Coffee maker, coffee grinder, and electric tea kettle.
Bedrooms (2): Enjoy waking up to dramatic sunrises and the sounds of the waves and sea gulls from the master bedroom. The master bedroom features a balcony overlooking the Puget Sound, king bed, LCD television with cable and ceiling fan. The loft bedroom features a queen sized bed.
Location and Activities: In addition to an outstanding view, our convenient location puts you in close proximity to a wide variety of activities. Some fun things to do include:
• Launching your kayak from your front yard beach and paddle to Winslow for breakfast (2.5 miles) or Tillicum Village on Blake Island ( 4.0 miles) or historic Port Blakely just a 100 yards away. Kayaks are available for rent from several Winslow operators.
• Cycling on the many lightly travelled roads of the island. Bikes available for rent from Classic Cycles in Winslow.
• Stretching your legs on one of the nearby forested hiking trails that are within easy walking distance. Maps and directions to nearby trails provided.
• Treating your palate to some great wine from the seven great, yet small, wineries on Bainbridge Island by visiting one or all of four wine tasting rooms in Winslow (4.9m)
• Enjoying some local culture by visiting the Bainbridge Island Museum of Art or the Bainbridge Island Historical Museum.
• Taking in a current run movie at the Historic Lynwood Theatre which first opened in 1936 (2.4 m)
Keywords: Beachfront, View, House
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Pat McShane
We have been fans of Bainbridge Island for a very long time and when the opportunity to acquire this home arose, we couldn't resist. We have spent over three decades managing award winning hotels saw this house as a great chance to marry our professional experience with a love for the island.
Both of us are avid cyclists, sailors, and dog lovers which are just some of the many outdoor activities that you can enjoy on Bainbridge.
We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us and enjoy all that our location has to offer.
Pat McShane purchased this house in 2012
Why Pat McShane chose Bainbridge Island
We fell in love with this house because of the stunning view of Seattle and Puget Sound from every room in the house. The other advantages are its low traffic south island location, great cycling, kayaking, diving and wonderful light filled rooms.
What makes this house unique
This is a great house for activities such as sipping coffee while watching the sun come up over Seattle and the cascades, sitting on the beach with a campfire or just walking the dog to Halls Hill Overlook.
For those wanting more physical activities the south island location is convenient to cycling over to Lynnwood for a morning pastry, jumping on one of the hiking trails close by or kayaking to Blakely harbor.