Nestled on a hilltop overlooking the surrounding countryside you'll find Sky Lodge, an Adirondack Great Camp style Stone Lodge. Built in 1927 as a weekend escape from city life, the Lodge remains an ideal getaway. A place like no other, the Lodge is built of stone and features much hand fashioned ironwork original to the building. Rate includes the entire Lodge and surrounding private woods and trails.
Located in the scenic Finger Lakes region, the area provides guests with much to experience, while the Lodge provides a peaceful retreat. Whether you want to spend a relaxing day hiking the trails surrounding the Lodge and enjoying the view from the tower, or if you would prefer to explore local wineries, golf courses, shopping, and other attractions, the Lodge is the perfect place to spend or end your day.
For wintertime fun we are located 10 minutes from Bristol Mountain Ski Resort offering premiere down hill skiing and snowboarding, and 5 minutes from Cummings Nature center with miles of groomed cross country and snowshoe trails (rentals available). Warm up with a hot cocoa by the fire when you return to SkyLodge, or jump into the 2 person jacuzzi and watch the snowfall outside. During the Holidays the Lodge is decorated with a 15 foot Christmas tree and all of the trimmings!
Set on 34 private acres, the Lodge has plenty to keep guests happy on-site. The Lodge has all of the amenities of home, including a fully-equipped kitchen, comfortable beds, a outdoor stainless-steel gas grill and much more. The Lodge also provides some added luxuries including a massive, central stone fireplace in the Great Room with two upholstered rocking chairs to curl up in, a Jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom, a tower with beautiful views, hiking trails, and your very own edible landscape. It is also located in close proximity to wonderful shopping, antiquing, wineries, parks, scenic drives, and much more!
Description of Accommodations:
* Great Room/Living Area with massive central, stone fireplace with woodstove insert
* Three-story tower
- Second floor, Guest Bedroom III with Queen size bed
- Third floor, tower room with beautiful views of the hills and convertible futon
* Master bedroom with King-sized bed and private master bath with oversize shower and two-person Jacuzzi tub
* Main bath with oversize shower and original clawfoot tub
* Guest bedroom II with a King-sized bed custom made out of trees. Bathroom accessible from the bedroom as well as the Great Room
* Modern, fully equipped kitchen with all new appliances
* Ultra high efficiency central heat throughout with radiant floor heating in the kitchen and both bathrooms
* Heated, secure indoor parking for two touring motorcycles
* Large, outdoor stainless steel grill
* Edible Landscape, featuring various fruit trees, herbs, and salad vegetables
* Over a mile of hiking/cross country skiing/snowshoeing trails on your own private 34 acres
* Outdoor firepit
The Lodge has also been renovated in a way that is kind to nature. Here are some of the ways that we've tried to be eco-friendly:
* High R value soy-based insulation in walls and roof
* Recycled milk jug insulation under basement floor
* Low E windows with eco-friendly fiberglass frames in the Tower
* Radiant barrier under metal roof to reflect sun's heat
* Ultra high efficiency boiler (provides domestic hot water) with radiant in-floor heat in baths and kitchen
* All copper, lead-free plumbing used for domestic water (no plastics)
* New, efficient refrigerator
* Modern, efficient woodstove
* Reclaimed lumber and locally grown and milled lumber used to rebuild the Lodge
* Pesticide-free practices used in all property management (inside and out)
* Wildlife mix used instead of grass
* Over a mile of private, wooded trails for exercise
* No smoking allowed on the property (best thing for your health!)
Keywords: relaxing,quiet,privacy,fireplace,Jacuzzi,Bristol Mountain,luxurious,historic,central location, skiing, fun, Finger Lakes, wineries,Adirondack
Tom and Julie Kopf are the owners of Sky Lodge. They purchased the Lodge in 2007 and spent two years renovating the Lodge and turning it into a place where people can come and find a real retreat. Almost every aspect of the Lodge was made over in the process, from the Tower to the hand-crafted beds, created by Tom. They live in the Bristol Hills where they have raised their twins, Becky and Jimmy and are now raising their two Maltese pups.
There is no place quite like the Lodge. An Adirondack Great Camp style Stone Lodge, the building already stands out as unique. It also has much of the original ironwork, including a huge original chestnut farm table and benches that is perfect for the family to gather around. The Lodge is a place that people should be able to relax in. It is set on private 34 acres, so is peaceful without the worries of the world. We have tried to make it as user-friendly as possible, providing a fully-equipped kitchen, and by providing linens and towels for our guests. In addition, we've created the perfect place to sit back- actually a few of them: the chairs on the deck, the huge, comfortable couches in the living room, the custom-upholstered rocking chairs by the fireplace, the chairs in the tower room, the claw foot tub in the main bath and the Jacuzzi in the master bath! Does life get any better?
Quick access to Canandaigua and Canandaigua Lake. Many wine trails and outdoor activities. Close to Bristol Mountain Ski Resort.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
My Standard Rate
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.