Submitted: August 31, 2009
Stayed: August 2009
This is an exceptional property. Recently constructed, architecturally stunning, and many "green" features. The house has panoramic views of Casco Bay and the Falmouth Town Landing ( a boat launch/ramp and adjacent public beach). Interior design and decor is very tasteful and practical for renters. Portland, with all of its attractions (museums, galleries, excellent food scene, etc), is only minutes away. Falmouth is a quaint suburb of beautiful homes, parks, and wooded areas ideal for walking excursions. I have listed other highlights below:
- 2 hours by car from Boston/Logan Int'l Airport and 15 minutes to Portland Airport
- adjacent to Town Landing general store, where you can pick out your lobsters, have them prepared, and ready to eat within minutes. These "lobbies" were the best-tasting ones of the entire week, and only steps away from the property
- picturesque setting and all rooms have a view (sunrise was amazing!)
- excellent and professional service from rental agent/property manager (Shannon and FishHouse Realty)
- adjacent to beautiful beach (great for wading and swimming); and, boat ramp if you travel with a boat
- top-of-the line appliaces (Bosch kitchen appliances, Viking gas stove top, Samsung flat-screen TV, Sony DVD player, iPod docking station wired to built-in speaker system, front-loading W/D, Kohler bathroom fixtures)
- Master BR has AC
- All basic necessities (kitchenware, linens, towels, etc.) provided
Other points to consider:
- This is a 3-level house, with stairs. Not ideal for guests with physical limitations.
- Located on a "busy" road. The adjacent boat ramp attracts quite a bit of traffic from early morning and well into the late hours after dark. Although not disruptive, the road noise from cars and pedestrians is noticeable, especially If sleeping with windows open.
- A phenomenal week in a gorgeous home! We would stay here again, and we recommend it highly to family and friends.
Families with Teenagers
Helpful votes: 5/5
Did you find this review helpful?