|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Are you looking for that special getaway in the Heart of beautiful Door County? Well, welcome to Carraig Mór Cottage. This fabulous, one of a kind home, is situated in the town of Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin. Set on approximately one acre of near Botanical Gardens, Carraig Mór is a completely renovated and updated 1800 square foot cottage with some views of Lake Michigan. It has three bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, and laundry facilities. It sleeps eight people. Carraig Mór boasts a kitchen with custom cabinetry, granite counter tops and top of the range appliances. There is a dining area, sitting area and a large family room with stone fireplace. It has been decorated, furnished and equipped to the highest standards. It has a TV (DVD and Videos only) and a sound system with, outdoor speakers, AM/FM, and CD player. Outside, there is a wrap around deck with views of the spectacular garden. This account and the many pictures on this site hardly do it justice.
Another Option!: We have another cottage in Baileys Harbor, Carraig Beag Cottage. Should Carraig Mor not be available for your dates, perhaps you would consider Carraig Beag? Also, if your group is larger, we can accommodate up to 20 guests between both properties. Please call me for further details.
Carraig Mor is by far the most lovely house we have ever rented. The house lacks for nothing. It is beautifully furnished and immaculate. Three bedrooms and two full bathrooms upstairs and a half bath downstairs. The kitchen is truly amazing. It has everything you could ever need, and it is fabulous. There is a lovely living room with a picture window looking out on the garden. And there is a cozy sitting area off the dining area. But the highlight of the house is the wrap around porch which looks out on the stunning garden. Honestly, it is like your own personal arboretum. What a very special and almost sacred place. We were lucky to be there as July turned to August, as all the flowers were in bloom. We had two dinner parties with local friends, and our guests were in awe of the beauty and lushness of the garden. A special experience.
The house furnishings are comfortable, clean and in excellent shape. The grounds are spectacular - I live near the Chicago Botanic Garden in Glencoe and the gardens around this house are at least as spectacular. I enjoyed the more because I had private access and could experience the positive energy flowing through the house and garden without distraction. I was there on a men's retreat and would recommend the property for this use in addition to the ones listed.
I stayed for a weekend in this wonderful cottage in the fall with a group of friends and found this to be a pleasant getaway. The grounds are wonderful with an impressive garden that should be gorgeous in the Spring, and the cottage is welcoming, well decorated, and modern. It was a little too cool to hang out on the porch but that would be fun in the Summer. The living room with its fireplace and the spacious kitchen with its oversized island are perfect for socializing. It's a short walk to the main drag and the harbor too. I highly recommend this cottage for a family or small group.
The cottage was beautiful! We stayed for 3 days/2 nights as a bachelorette party getaway trip in June. The cottage was spotless when we arrived and the decor is charming yet still modern. Close to lots of fun shops and a short walk to the waterfront. Would definitely recommend. Thank you!
First time vacation home rental and we loved it! Don't think I ever want to stay in a hotel for a vacation again!
1. The listing description was accurate regarding the location. If you look at the pictures, that is exactly what you will see.
2. The photos accurately reflect the appearance and amenities, except the gardens are way more amazing than the pictures can show. Some of the furniture in the pictures is not what is in the house (like the couches) but what is there is even better, so to me this was not an issue.
3. The house was clean and well-maintained. I am a super neat-freak and I thought it was perfect. I did sweep the deck and deck ceiling, but only because I hate spiders and there were a few small webs. The next morning the webs were back, so this is not an issue of the owners not maintaining but rather nature doing it's thing. :-)
4. The owner, Martina, was AMAZING at answering all my questions and concerns! Not only that, she has tons of information on the house and the area that she left in a basket for the guests. That was really nice to go through over coffee the first morning as we planned the week.
5 Would I recommend this property to friends/family? YES, YES, YES! The kids played in the yard at least 2 hours a day. Tire swing, croquet, and tag.
6. I liked the town it's in because it's quiet. It' an easy 10-20 min drive to most places in DC. In town, there is a nice little ice cream store- Yum Yum Tree, a little bar called the Blue Ox (which was great the night we watched the BlackHawks win the Stanley Cup) and a few little stores (check out the book store right down the street!). Outside of Bailey's Harbor, we went Go-Carting & Zip Lining in Egg Harbor - fantastic play area. Shopping at all the little towns, did the Ghost Tour (which is file for kids as little as 7 or 8). We also went to Hand's On Art which was really fun to do with the kids.
Other- We knew there was no cable or WiFi which was fine with us, but we had a hard time getting an cell or internet with our smart phones in most places in DC. We have AT&T so that I think is an issue with them. There is Wi-fi at the Blue Ox and the Coffee shop right down the street.
There is also a hardware store near the house that sells about everything a WalMart does but at 10 times the cost. Try not to forget anything! If you do, go to the WalMart in Sturgeon Bay, even with gas, it'll be cheaper!
Overall- AMAZING, LOVED IT! WILL GO AGAIN FOR SURE!
Baileys Harbor, Door County, Wisconsin, USA.
Other Activities: parasailing, snowmobiling, boating, health/beauty spa, shopping, kayaking, snowboarding, wildlife viewing, mini golf
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
**Nightly rate may be higher than weekly rate . Please contact owner regarding rates. **
Security deposit plus 50% of total due to confirm reservation. The remaining 50% is due 30 days prior to arrival. Our terms and conditions for Carraig Mor are the same as for our other properties and can be seen www.carraigcottages.com under the conditions tab.
Fees, Prices, Terms and Conditions may change without prior notice. We normally rent on a weekly basis so higher daily rates will app
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.