|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
As the story goes, this cottage was once a distillery that crafted rye rum and corn whiskey for sale in Philadelphia. Located within a beautiful setting with natural and historical wonders to explore, we are a small family farm raising sheep, goats, alpacas, chickens...and cats. A rustic experience awaits!
- Relax on the front porch, enjoy your favorite beverage or book and listen to the sounds of the Conewago Creek.
- Help with barn chores. Or just view the animals grazing from your perch on the front porch.
- Receive a tour of this Historic Mill and property.
- Take a leisurely stroll through the woods & wetlands trail on the property.
-Walk or ride your bike from the Mill to Mt. Gretna (12 miles) on the Conewago Rail Trail located right across the creek. While there, visit the regionally famous 'Jigger Shop' for some ice cream (open seasonally), swim at the lake, attend the annual art festival in August.
-Great central location for sight seeing & history inspired tours. Guests have taken trips to Gettysburg, HersheyPark, Lancaster, Philadelphia, Washington DC, New York City.
-We are happy to offer suggestions of things to do. Pioneer Tunnel Coal Mine tour/steam train ride & a visit to nearby Centralia is one of those special unusual side trips that we love (approx 1hr 30 mins away) http://www.pioneertunnel.com/home.shtml
- Enjoy Lancaster County Amish Country, Strasburg Railroad, Fulton Opera House, museums, art galleries, Rockvale & Tanger Outlets (30 Mins)
-Take advantage of the many free or low cost tours of wineries, breweries and factories in the surrounding areas.
-Visit Chocolate World for a chocolatey sensation or Hershey Park for an awesome amusement park experience (15 Mins).
- Harrisburg, the Commonwealth Capitol, offers many great restaurants, museums (National Civil War & Harsco Science Center) and Susquehanna river waterfront attractions. (20 Mins).
- See Gettysburg and the famous Civil War battlefields and town. (65 Mins)
- Easy Day trips: NY City: 3 hrs.,Wash DC: 2.5 hrs.,Philadelphia 1.5 hrs.
-Saturday's Market, PA's largest indoor-outdoor market, is a few miles down the road.
-Street rod shows, fairs & carnivals throughout the summer & fall.
Other Activities: Fly fishing, street rod shows, free Sunday concerts in Lancaster, farmers markets.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Oct 1 2014 - Dec 31 2014
2 night minimum stay
50% deposit within 7 days of reservation. We accept cash, check or payment via PayPal.
Holiday weekends 3 night minimum.
Payment is by check or paypal. 50% within 7 days of reservation, balance due according to contract.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website: