Vacation in WIldwood...
This condo is a very nice place to stay, well situated (1 block and a half from the boardwalk and the beach),
Although I was quite disappointed for many reasons:
1. This place definitely needs a fresh coat of paint inside the condo (lots of scuffs and marks on the walls).
2. A little more decoration and color would make this place homier.
3. 3 light bulbs out of 5 were burnt out or did not work over the kitchen table.
4. Both patio blinds should really be changed. The blinds could not be opened or pushed to the side. Broken and missing vertical slats found lying on the floor in the kitchen closet.
5. Blinds in 1st bedroom at top of stairs do not stay up.
6. Kitchen closet should be cleaned out (a real mess).
7. No bed sheets, bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths, dish towels, toilet paper, etc.
8. Nowhere on the web site or the lease agreement does it mention that you have to bring your own set of bed sheets, bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths, dish towels, etc. (Thank god I saw the comment the night before I left from the last person that was there in June 2010. If I hadn’t I would have had to go to a Wal-Mart to buy them and that would have been money spent on top of what we were already paying for the Condo!!)
9. My mistake was not bringing my own pillows (my children had brought theirs for sleeping in the car). Here the pillows were sweat stained yellow, really disgusting…Usually there are zippered protective coverings on pillows and washed after the guests leave, need I say more.
10. No laundry detergent, no dishing soap….
11. There were only 4 chairs for the kitchen table (we were 5!). We had to get one of the plastics ones from the balcony and it was not very comfortable.
12. Not enough dishes (large plates (4), small plates (4), bowls (4) or cutlery (3 knives, no steak knives) for everyone for the same above reason (we were 5!).
13. A new set of pots (large, medium and small ones with handles) and pans would definitely be a must! No huge bowl for salad, or any salad strainer, or any storage containers for leftovers, etc. We shouldn’t have to bring our own. These should be provided. Have you ever tried making a salad for a family of 5 and not have a big bowl to put it in or a salad strainer to strain the water off after washing it
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children
Owner's Response: I appreciate this renter's response. In the lease agreement that all the renters sign, it clearly states that renters should bring their own pillows, linens and towels, even though there are these items at the home. I think washable zipperable pillow covers are a good idea and i will do this for next summer.
There are lots of plates, bowls, glasses and utensils but for bigger families it may be necessary for me to add some plates and bowls and larger pots.
The vertical blinds the renter mentioned were replaced after her stay.
The scuff marks on the wall are in the stairwell from the outside leading in to the unit and in the stairwell to the 3rd floor. These halls were painted last year but after 2 or 3 families rent over a couple weeks, the hallways have just as many scuffs as before they were painted.
As far as soaps and detergents, these items are all under the kitchen sink and master bathroom sink.
The kitchen closet is made to keep mops, brooms, boxes, tools and related items. A renter doesn't really have much business in that closet but i guess i will just lock it.
I thank this renter for the review. My home is a very clean, modern place and it is in a great location. It has almost everything most families would need. It rents for roughly $200 a night, or less than a 2 bed hotel room. Although it is nicely decorated and supplied with most creature comforts, it still will rarely compare to someone's own home.
Helpful votes: 12/13
Did you find this review helpful?