Sand and navy colors combine in this nicely decorated unit to offer quiet comfort and ease after a day at the beach. Nice upgrades allow you to totally relax. Ocean view. Rehoboth Beach at your fingertips! Spend the week without getting into your car!
The Henlopen Condominium
Enjoy the Beach!: Sand and navy colors combine in this nicely decorated unit to offer quiet comfort and ease after a day at the beach. Nice upgrades allow you to totally relax. Ocean view. Rehoboth Beach at your fingertips! Located in the last building on the boardwalk, sandwiched between the gorgeous ocean and a beautiful lake.
I spent a delightful long weekend in December in this unit and could not have been more satisfied with the accomodations. The unit is right on the beach - you walk out of the building onto the boardwalk and you are walking distance from the main avenue. The unit itself was in immaculate condition and clearly well-maintained. The carpet appears to be brand new and the floor in the kitchen was new as well. Everything was clean and in perfect working order. The elevators near the unit were new as well. (I stayed there some time ago and the renovations to the building since then are a noticeable improvement.) The entire time I spent there was a perfect relaxing get-away weekend and I was actually able to forget about work for a few days. If you go during the off-season, I highly recommend the Sunday Brunch at Victoria's restaurant in the Boardwalk Plaza - just three blocks away!
First, the positive:
1. The location was awesome. You can walk right out the door to the boardwalk and beach. Everything you could want is close by. We literally parked the car on Saturday and did not get back in until the next Staturday.
2. The bathrooms in the condo are very nice. Well appointed, clean, and nicely updated.
3. The beds were comfortable and could sleep everyone without being corwded.
Here are the negatives:
1. The condo carpets were dirty and stained. They definitely need to be replaced (shampooing won't get out the stains).
2. The couches were dirty and stained. They need to be replaced.
3. There were bugs in the kitchen. The condo staff said that they were "water bugs," but looked suspiciously like roaches. The condo staff indicated previous renters (from the orevious week) noticed them as well. Why something wasn't about the bugs after the previous renters complained is a mystery to me. The condo staff also said that we would have to leave so they could fumigate. We have a 2-year old, there's no WAY we could have gone back in there after fumigation. Unacceptable conditions and responses from staff.
4. The condo complex closed the pool on Labor Day. The weather while we were there (mid-September) was well over 80 degrees. There's no reason to close the pool so early, expecially when other complexes up-and-down the boadwalk had their outdoor pools open.
5. The condo complex has 3 elevators. 2 are side-by-side and service 90% of the building. The 3rd is way at the other end and and serves 10% of the building. The condo staff scheduled work to be done on the 2 side-by-side elevators, taking them out of service until November. That left only the 3rd elevator available to handle all of the traffic from the 9 floors of the building. While I understand the need to upgrade the elevators, there was absolutely no need to take 2 elevators out of service at the same time. They could have been serviced one-at-a-time.
6. No dead-bolt on the condo door. In today's world, a deadbolt should be standard.
No vacation rental is ever perfect, but the multitude of small issues compunded to make this property less than adequate. It's a shame because this property has great potential. All of the negative items I listed can be corrected, which would make for a much better experience.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website: