Villa Leonarda is a 5 bedroom villa available at 4BR and 5BR rates, see below
Villa Leonarda is a Riverfront property located at the heart of Puerto Vallarta in the artsy neighborhood known as Gringo Gulch.
Local hardwoods, adobe bricks and handcrafted tiles make up the organic structure of the house where period pieces of furniture alternate with artwork signed by renowned Mexican contemporary artists.
The Villa consists of two buildings with two bedrooms and two well-appointed bathrooms each, separated by the swimming-pool with heating system, and a spacious central patio surrounded by lush tropical, enhanced by the sound of the river rushing by. It is ideal for sunbaths and pool parties during the day, and candlelit dinners and cocktail parties at night.
A very historic home from the early days of Puerto Vallarta, designed in the traditional colonial style, with all rooms opening onto a huge central courtyard with heated pool, fountains and gardens that overlook river, mountain and jungle. Ocean views and sunsets can be enjoyed from the expansive rooftop terrace.
Three foot thick stucco walls, arches, high ceilings, trestle doors, hacienda style wooden shutters, antique wrought iron and vintage hand made tiles are the distinctive design details of this century old master piece. The villa has been completely renovated in recent years; the bedrooms have air conditioning, kitchen and baths have been modernized - all while retaining the integrity of the original architecture.
The romantic bedrooms are hung with flowing muslin and mosquito netting; the decor is eclectic and chic. Antiques and unique period pieces are mixed with imported furnishings and original paintings by famous artists, all set against large palms and dramatic lighting. The ambiance at night is often described as “magical”.
The original owner, Xavier de la Torre, was a famous clothing designer close friends with Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. Villa Leonarda was a celebrity hangout during the 1960s and the mystique lives on; it is still a gathering place for artists, writers, movie stars and intellectuals. Angelica Huston and brother, Danny Huston, have attended VIP cocktails hosted at the villa for the Puerto Vallarta Film Festival, following in the footsteps of their famous director father, who used to play poker with friends around the pool. Internationally acclaimed artist Alejandro Colunga and photographer Gabriel Figueroa, Jr. are also frequent guests at the villa.
- 4 or 5 bedrooms with A/C and private bath,
- 4 bedroom rate sleeps 8 persons / 5 bedroom rate sleeps 10
- 2 bedrooms with terrace, 1 bedroom opens onto a lovely pool area with fountain, 1 bedroom overlooks the river
- Huge central courtyard with heated pool, fountains and lush gardens
- Breathtaking views of river, mountain and jungle
- Large Rooftop sundeck with ocean views, perfect for sunset
- Impressive art collection; designer furnishings and antiques
- Charming staff with many years of experience
- Local cable TV, DVD and stereo sound system with speakers in living area and courtyard/pool area
- Wireless internet
- Partial staff with cook and maid service daily except Sunday and holidays. Rate includes cook service for one meal per day, breakfast or early lunch, dinner service extra. Tips and cost of food and beverage not included.
- Great central location in the heart of Old Town Puerto Vallarta, within blocks of world class dining, shopping and popular Los Muertos Beach. Three blocks to the Malecon boardwalk and main plaza.
- Climbing Puerto Vallarta’s hills is not necessary at this villa; Leonarda is located on a flat street next to the Rio Cuale in the center of Old Town.
- Kid friendly, few stairs
- The perfect venue for events and weddings, please inquire
- Rate includes tax