An enormous, fairy tale residence situated in the midst of a walled medieval village where time has stood still… this is real olde worlde Italy!
This unique property has been renovated with a great deal of love and care and has been newly refurbished by the owners for them to use themselves as often as they can. There is a real sense of home and, of course, every comfort. Three stories boasts beamed ceilings, traditional style flooring, open fires, some exposed stonework, chestnut windows, hand painted murals, and stunning arches.
Perfect for large groups as well as weddings and company retreats. The house is split into two, with it possible to use the basement as an individual apartment for two, providing extra privacy between guests.
Summary: 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms (one with Jacuzzi), 2 kitchens, 1 utility area, 3 living spaces, study/7th bedroom, dining areas. A terrace leads out from one of the living rooms, ideal for al fresco dining while taking in the stunning mountain views. There is also a terraced garden with a private, solar-heated 5M x 12M pool. It doesn't get any better!
ADDITIONAL PROPERTY INFORMATION:
* Large open plan living/dining area with open fireplace, and doors leading to terrace which has sun canopies to create shade where required
* Spacious, country-style, hand-laid kitchen/diner with open fire, 2 sinks, US style fridge/freezer, 5 ring hob, double oven, dishwasher, marble tops, and a wealth of cooking facilities as well as casual dining
* Double bedroom
* Bathroom with tub and shower over
* Shower room that doubles as a utility room with washing machine and dryer
* Study which also includes a settee converting to single bed
* Further enormous living room with original arches, fireplace, and plenty of comfy seating
* Master bedroom with 4 poster bed
* Single children’s room
* Children’s room with L shape bunk beds
* Double bedroom
* 1 shower room
* 1 bathroom with double size jacuzzi
* Hand-made kitchen with oven, hob, dishwasher, fridge/freezer
* Living room with double sofa bed and beautiful enormous arched windows overlooking garden
* Double bedroom
* Shower room
* Interesting grounds, with private side garden also reached from outside, which still has some old ruins inside
* The rest of the garden is terraced with amazing views all around
* Private solar-heated 5M x 12M pool. Graduated depth.
* Children’s play area
* (Due to unprotected drops/terraced areas this garden is suitable only for children over the age of 6)
This is a town of 35 houses built in 1012, and at the center of local history, with grand views in every direction over northern Tuscany. The village is located in the heart of the green and mountainous Garfagnana with dramatic views at every turn, but whilst in the midst of the countryside, is also ideal for exploring. Peaceful and traditional, yet five minutes from a great little city with everything, including beauty, rivers, stores, routes to all major Italian areas, and few tour buses or major crowds.
The house is 800 years old and was built for a Bishop; it dominates the tiny town's one street, and has panoramic views over Carerra quarries, surrounding hill towns, and beautiful farm and forested vistas. Totally peaceful, but a short short drive to many interesting and entertaining settings, including Barga, Lucca, and famous hill towns. The house is a 1 hour 20 minute drive from Pisa; 55 minutes from the walled Mediaeval City Lucca; 20 mins from the Arty beautiful town of Barga; 1 hr 50 mins from Florence; 25 mns from ski-ing at Carregine; half hour from the National Park of Orecchiella and less than 90 minutes to the Versilia coast.
Closer to home and for shopping, bars, restaurants, etc. is the village of Gallicano (10 minutes) and the market town of Castelnuovo (7 minutes). All facilities can be found in these villages.
An enchanting and accessible retreat!
ATM/banks, post office, Church, parasailing, parks and nature trails, bird watching, mountain climbing, scenic drives, jeep tours
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.