Look No Further....The Best Option for Accomodations in Playa!!
Submitted: July 5, 2011
Stayed: June 2011
I just arrived back from my fourth trip to Playa del Carmen and my three friends and I (age range 28-33) had the best experience with Roko's private rental at Aldea Thai. Having stayed at other luxury condo hotels in Playa, I would have to rank this property as my favorite for the following reasons:
1) LOCATION...LOCATION...LOCATION: The lobby/main entrance is only a stone's throw away from the best beach in the area and only a 5 minute walk to all the action on 5th Ave.
2) GREAT VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY: If you've done your research in terms of pricing, you'll notice that Roko's rates are significantly lower than the rates published on Aldea Thai's official website (aka Mistik Resorts). Plus, you'll save an additional 14% in hotel taxes since it doesn't apply to Roko's rental.
3) AMENITIES THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE: There's nothing more convenient than having a fully equipped kitchen, including a refrigerator at your fingertips while on vacation. Although we had the luxury of having a private pool right outside our balcony, we found ourselves in the main pool everyday after a long day at the beach. Not only is the water set to a perfect temperature, but it is literally 15 steps away from the front door of our unit.
***TIP***definitely consider the option of arranging cleaning service directly with Roko or the front desk at least once during your stay. I'm not sure what the extra charge is because we opted not to utilize this service, but I wish we had. After the third day, I was desperate for some fresh towels and a sand-free floor.
4) CLIENTELE AND AMBIANCE: Overall, the property attracts an upscale clientele, but it never felt too stuffy or pretentious. Both the common areas and actual unit are beautifully designed and decorated, creating a contemporary Zen like feel.
5) EASE OF BOOKING AND RESPONSIVENESS FROM OWNER: Initially, I contacted Roko via phone to inquire about availability and to gather additional information about his unit. He was extremely helpful, professional, and quick to respond to ALL my emails. From check-in to check-out, everything regarding my reservation was seamless and effortless. It was also reassuring to know that Roko lives in Playa to trouble shoot any issues that may have arisen during our stay.
In other words, you can't go wrong with this vacation rental. Just go with it and have fun! We will certainly be booking with Roko again!!
Tourists without a Car,
Families with Teenagers,
Helpful votes: 1/1
Did you find this review helpful?