Putnam Valley Chateau / Country House Rental Photos and Description
Chateau / Country House, 3 Bedrooms + Office, 2.5+ Baths, (Sleeps 6-10)
Less than an hour from the Upper West Side, minutes off the Taconic.
* SWIM, BOAT, FISH: An in-ground swimming pool and a private pond with a boat and fishing, and four acres of landscaped privacy, and you will never want to leave.
* ACTIVITIES: Fahnestock State Park (hiking, camping, X-country skiing, boating) is 10 minutes away. Cold Spring, a historic town with restaurants, antique shops, and old world charm is 20 minutes away. Dia Beacon and Storm King Art Center about 40 minutes away.
* WINTER, SPRING, SUMMER, OR FALL: Enjoy the bright colors of Fall, build snowmen or drag the sled out in winter, or just relax by the (warm!) pool in summer. The two wood burning fireplaces will keep you warm year round (or roast marshmallows in the outside firepit while you stay warm on a cool evening).
* WORK: A high speed cable Internet connection with an Airport Express Wireless Router. Cable TV. Music streamed through AirPlay from your iPod/iPhone/iPad/iTunes. Watch movies and TV shows on Netflx (included).
* PERIOD FURNITURE: The house is comfortably furnished with antique furniture and period pieces.
Keywords: Country House, Hudson Valley home, Heated swimming pool, Private grounds, landscaped gardens
- limited accessibility
- pets considered
- children welcome
- smoking allowed
We are university professors who love to travel (and often end up staying in houses that we find on VRBO owners!).
Hudson Valley, with its many lakes and points of access to the Hudson River, is an amazingly beautiful region. A place of our own in this area, with its summer arts and away from the city quiet, but just an hour away from our apartment - who could resist!
Shakespeare at Boscobel, dining at Cold Spring or at Blue Hill, lazing at the pool, playing ball with the kids, pulling the boat out to the center of the pond with a book, hiking at Fahnestock, so much to do!