Beautiful condo with lots of amenities
Submitted: October 13, 2010
Stayed: October 2010
We recently spent four days at the condo and it was a great time. We had four sunny 70 to 80 degrees days in October!
Here are the highlights:
1) Right next to the beach. You can literally step out your door and be right on the beach. The water is a bit cold by this point, but it was nice to pull up a chair and read. Also, our baby enjoyed playing with the sand, looking at the ducks and also trying to eat sand, rocks, twigs etc. Lake Delton was pretty busy on the weekend so there is a steady stream on boats, pontoons, canoes, army duck tours etc. However, in the morning and weekdays the lake is pretty empty.
2) There is a nice picnic patio with grills and firepit outside. One night I made baby back ribs and we had a nice fire with smores as night fell and we looked over the water.
3) Well stocked kitchen. The kitchen had everything we needed for cooking and we saved a lot of money by having some meals inside the condo. There are plenty of pots, pans, and casserole dishes; also there is a dishwasher, ice maker, etc.
4) Indoor fireplace. We brought along a 6 hour duraflame log and it gave us a nice fire in the evening. Many places have gas fireplaces which I think are a little tacky. The good old fashoined fireplace was a nice touch.
5) Big whirlpool in the bedroom. Unforntunately we didn't take advantage of this. I forgot to flip on the water heater breaker switch until it was too late. However, the whirlpool is huge and there is a smaller flat screen tv in the bedroom that you can watch from it as well.
6) Indoor pool and jacuzzi. The complex has a nice heated pool area with a jacuzzi. We were there in the off peak season and there was hardly anyone in it ever. We went swimming at least twice a day.
7) Close to restaurants. The Del Bar is less than a mile. Great friday fish fry. Also porta vista is close with great bar food.
Couple of things to keep in mind. Since it is a condo complex, you are surrounded by property owners which makes it slightly different than staying at a hotel or other resort where there are all guests. There are some minor rules about quiet hours and you might want to make an extra effort to clean up after yourself in the common areas.
The condo gets plenty of sun in the morning and if you can get up early enough you can catch the sun rise. It is also pretty kid friendly. Our 1 year old had a great time crawling around.
The owner is helpful and accomodating and a pleasure to work with!
Families with Young Children
Helpful votes: 5/5
Did you find this review helpful?