Beauty, Charm, Comfort, Historical Tradition and Fun.
Bayview Retreat offers the perfect location for your next vacation or weekend getaway. Its central Puget Sound location is easily accessible from Seattle, Tacoma, Kitsap Peninsula and SEATAC International airport.
This private water view retreat is a great place to unwind and relax after exploring the many splendors of Vashon Island and affords you the opportunity for day trips to Mount Rainier National Park, Olympic National Park and Mount Saint Helens. You could choose a sterile hotel or you can experience the charm and whimsical character of this picturesque property. The sunny southwest-facing 1.62 acre site has abundant wildlife, mature landscaping, many flowers, an organic garden and a large lawn for family games and outdoor events. It's a comfortable place to stay any time of the year.
Available year-round, Bayview Retrreat was opened in the spring of 2009. The immaculately maintained three story lodge offers 3500 square feet of living space and a 1620 square feet wrap-around deck. (790 square feet covered) Four bedrooms and loft are configured to sleep 14 guests in beds (4 top floor, 4 main floor, 6 lower level.) Additional sleeping options are available with a maximum capacity of 18 guests. The spacious great room has twenty-two foot ceilings, a river rock gas fire place and comfy leather furniture. There's plenty of space for entertaining in and outdoors.
The lodge is located right on the loop of the highly-sought after Burton Peninsula. It's a popular spot for islanders who enjoy walking, jogging and socializing as they make their way around the 1.4 mile roadway. Prime beaches and a 67 acre park with woodland hiking trails are less than two blocks to the west. A waterfront park, boat launch and kayak/canoe rentals are four blocks to the east. The historical waterfront town of Burton is four blocks to the west. At Burton, you'll find a marina, a country store, fire station, a popular espresso stand, marina, antique store, post office, church and many other unique island businesses. Just a few minutes by car north is the village of Vashon. There you'll find great restaurants, an art deco movie theatre, two supermarkets, a Saturday farmer's market and endless shopping opportunities. One guest wrote:
'It's one of the few places you'll find where you
can watch bald eagles, deer and hummingbirds year-round from a private hot tub.'
This light and airy lodge has:
• 22 foot soaring ceilings
• Four large view bedrooms (sleeps 14 in beds on 3 levels (4 upper, 4 main, 6 lower). There's a queen-sized sofa sleeper in the loft. (max 18 guests allowed including children)
• Two large and conveniently placed bathrooms (easy access and they are separate from the bedrooms so anyone can use them)
• Water view great room with river rock natural gas fireplace (has comfy leather furniture and seats up to 10 - 12 and water view dining area for 10 - 12)
• Entry seating with leather chairs and ottoman
• Large loft area (has a comfy oversized sectional leather couch and chairs,TV/DVR/CD, many games/puzzles, video/music/book library and an additional sleeping space)
• Efficient and fully equipped gourmet kitchen with all stainless steel appliances -- Viking Range, new French Door Refrigerator and new dishwasher. (all kinds of small appliances, place settings for up to 20+ guests, spices, etc) Six work stations including the granite top butcher block. Bay window with orchids.
• The 1620 sq square foot wraparound deck (790 square feet are covered) has a natural gas Weber stainless steel grill, nine Adirondack chairs and water view dinner seating for sixteen guests.
Plenty of room for entertaining inside and out.
$250 refundable security/damage deposits.
I'm currently not taking reservations for weddings, dinner parties or similar events.
Parking is limited to three cars in the driveway due to fire codes. Additional parking is available to the west of the driveway on Bayview Drive for up to 10 cars.
Great location: A Big Toys playground structure was added in the lower yard in 2011. It is suitable for children ages 5 - 12.
This beautiful log home sits on a peninsula known as the Burton Loop. At Jensen Point, you will find a public boat launch, picnic area, kayak rentals, and a rowing club facility. Feel like a hike? Burton Acres Park has 67 acres of woods and trails. The main corner of Burton is located about 4 blocks away, a casual 10 minute walk. Here you will find a country store, post office, church, fire station, antique store, flower stand, service station, b & lodgings, Metro Bus stop and various other businesses. Burton is rather centrally located on our island with easy access to the Tacoma or Seattle ferries.