Privacy & Views
Alpine ski-in/ski-out private home located trail-side on the Galloping Goose ski-run in Mountain Village, at the heart of the Tellluride ski resort. Adjacent to the National Forest at 10,001' altitude with spectacular mountain views. Surrounded by towering Aspens and Pines and hidden at the end of a private road for complete seclusion.
* Trail-side. 300' of direct ski-run frontage makes it easy to stop for lunch, hot chocolate, gear changes or a warm fireplace. Invite friends to stop Après-ski on the last run of the day. Book a ski instructor to ski to your back door in the morning to pick up the kids for lessons. When it starts to snow, pop in for powder skis or snowboards to take advantage of the fresh pow-pow. Enjoy 'fresh tracks' each morning as the first down the ski run, before the lifts even start turning!
* Telski. World-class skiing with 18 lifts turning, 2 high-speed gondolas, 120 ski trails, Nastar course, terrain parks, back-country, hike-to, extreme & heli-ski terrain. Telski boasts the finest ski school in Colorado. Also, Nordic skiing, ice skating rinks, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, sleigh rides, horseback riding and ice-climbing.
* Festivals. Over 30 summer festivals and concerts, Alison Krauss, Lyle Lovett, Willie Nelson, Phish.
* Mountain Biking. Downhill on the ski runs! The gondola will transport you and bikes to the top of the mountain - (12 mo. bikes on-site).
* Hiking. Instant access to hiking trails and the Uncompahgre National Forest.
* Golf. World-class 18-hole championship golf course.
* Summer Camp. Telluride Academy is recognized as a premier US summer kids' camp.
* River Rafting. Down the San Miguel River, on your own or with professional guides.
* Fly-Fishing. On the San Miguel, Trout Lake, or many of the secret streams for rainbow trout.
* Exploring. Ghost towns, abandoned mining camps, waterfalls, gold panning.
* Mountain Climbing (several 'fourteeners'), horseback riding, rock-climbing.
Two Towns Unlike Any Other
* Telluride (population: 2,221) is different. Don't look for a Wal-Mart, a gas station, a neon sign, a lift-line or even a single traffic light - there are none! Nestled in a 'box canyon' and surrounded by the steep-forested San Juan Mountains; the topography of this historic mining town makes growth in any direction impossible! The entire town is designated as a historical district and maintains a small 'mining-town' charm, with strictly-governed Victorian architecture. Explore the abandoned mining camps and frontier ghost towns which dot the hillsides.
* Mountain Village (population: 978) is Telluride's sister town at the heart of the ski area. A european-style alpine community nestled high above Telluride at 9,500+ elevation. The towns are connected by a free gondola system operating over the mountain tops. There is no need for a car as homeowner guests enjoy free SUV service anywhere in Mountain Village.
* Great Room. A three-story stone fireplace and towering wall of windows overlooking the ski run and the San Juan mountains.
* Dining room. A giant mahogany dining table seats ten comfortably with mountain views.
* Kitchen. A fully-furnished kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite countertops and a seven-person breakfast nook.
* Bedroom. A large bedroom with queen pillow-top bed, library of leather-bound classics, TV, DVD, CD and antique slot machine.
* Deck. A large deck with views of the San Juan mountains and starry skies by night w/Selectron telescope.
* Hot Tub. Sundance hot tub with ski-run and mountain views, CD, iPod deck and aromatherapy jets.
* Bath. A full bath on the main floor for quick access to fluffy towels and a warm shower after the hot tub.
* Garage. A two-car heated garage with additional refrigerator and freezer.
* Family Room. A 50' HD TV, DVD, movie library, leather sofa club chairs and classic book library.
* Bath. A full-sized bathroom keeps kids downstairs.
* Game Room. A tournament-sized billiards table, foosball table, card & game table, wet bar, refrigerator, draft beer tender.
* Bunk Room. 4 pine log (double) bunk beds, TV, DVD, desk and antique slot machines - (up to eight kids can sleep in this room).
* Kids' Room. 2 log beds (twins) with cowboy iron décor, TV, DVD with over 100 kids' movies.
* A full-service laundry room with new oversized front-load washer and dryer units with steam options.
* 2 Bedrooms. Each with a queen bed and new pillow-top mattress, fine cotton bedding,TV and private full bath.
* Bedroom. A smaller bedroom with double bed, TV, full bath and fine cotton bedding.
* Sitting Area. A common sitting area with mountain views.
* Master Bedroom. A king bed with new pillow-top mattress, gas fireplace, mountain views, TV, fine cotton bedding, and private master bath with walk-in closets, spa tub and steam shower.
2012 Summer Festivals
MountainFilm | May 25 - 28
Balloon Fest | June 01- 03
Wild West Fest | June 04 - 09
Heritage Fest | June 08 - 10
Bluegrass Fest | June 21 - 24
Wine Fest | June 27 - July 01
Music Fest | June 27 - July 08
Plein Air Fest | June 29 - July 05
Firemen's 4th & Parade | July 04
Playwrights Fest | July 05 - 13
Yoga Fest | July 12 - 15
Doo-Dah Fest | July 13 - 15
Hardrock 100 | July 13 - 15
Ah Haa Art Fest | July 19 - July 21
Rotary 4 x 4 | July 20 - 22
San Miguel Basin Fair | July 20 - 28
Cajun Fest | July 27 - 28
Jazz Fest | Aug 03 - 05
Full Tilt | Aug 03 - 05
Chamber Music Fest | Aug 09 - 19
Mushroom Fest | Aug 16 - 18
Festival of the Arts | Aug 17 - 19
USA Pro Cycling Challenge | Aug 20 - 21
Film Fest | Aug 31 - Sep 03
Blues & Brews | Sep 14 - 16
M2D Ride | Sep 20 - 22
Photo Fest | Sep 26 - Oct 02
Horror Fest | Oct 14 - 16
Arts Bazaar | Dec 07 - 09
Keywords: Ski lodge, ski-in, ski-out, trailside, slopeside, ski-run property, luxury home, mountain home, family vacation home, wedding reception
Rich, Barbara and Jonah. We now live in Scottsdale, Arizona. We enjoy alpine skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain-biking, and exploring the Rocky Mountains. Our son Jonah (age 7) is an accomplished and nationally-ranked NASTAR skier.
If you call about this wonderful home, you will talk to me, Rich, on my cell phone (512) 320-8844, which I always answer, night or day. There is no need to talk to an agent, representative, broker, associate, helper, sales assistant, or whatever. We lived in this home for several years, so I am happy to share with you everything that I know about this home, the rental market, the best ski access on the mountain, whether to stay in Telluride or Mountain Village, transportation, directions, fine dining, best places for equipment, fly fishing secrets, heliskiing, the best fishing and rafting guides, etc. Even if you don't want to stay in this wonderful home, please feel free to call with questions, as my favorite thing to talk about is Telluride, which is the closest place to paradise on earth.
We chose to buy a home in Telluride because Telluride is unmatched in North America. In the winter, the ski resort has 18 lifts turning, two high-speed gondolas, 120 ski trails, NASTAR course, terrain parks, backcountry and hike-to terrain, along with new extreme & heliski terrain being added each season. And since it is so hard to get here, the ski runs are always wide-open, and there is never a lift line.
In the summer, the golf course, hiking, mountain-biking and fly-fishing is outstanding.
Telluride is surrounded by mountains and has only 2221 residents - that's smaller than Mayberry. The topography is a box-canyon, so it cannot grow in any direction. There are no crowds, bad attitudes or aggravation. The entire Town of Telluride is designated as a historical district, so the town maintains an 'old west' mining-town feel with strictly-governed Victorian architecture and many interesting places to explore (abandoned mining towns, ghost towns, etc.). Hop in your four-wheel drive and you can cross over the mountain passes and explore Telluride's mining past. Don't expect to see a chain store, a chain restaurant, a Starbuck's, a gas station, a neon sign, traffic, or even a single traffic light - (there are none). This town's character and growth has been strictly controlled and restricted by the Town Council and the Telluride Historical Comission, and there have been no compromises. This is not Vail or Aspen - you will not find evidence of a single commercial sell-out in the Town of Telluride. This home is located on the ski mountain at 10,001' elevation, so it extremely private with incredible views, yet just a short run down the mountain and you are in the Village Core with the all the amenities offered by the 5-star resort hotels. If you are flying, the airport is just 10 minutes from the home, and can accomodate private planes and smaller commercial aircraft; however, be prepared for the landing of your life on the mountain-top runway.
Ski-in / Ski-out. This alpine luxury mountain home offers some of the best ski-run frontage in Mountain Village. Over the years, our family has rented many homes that were represented as 'ski-in' or 'ski-out.' Unfortunately, most turned out to be only 'ski access.' This always meant a long hike (with gear and kids) at the beginning and/or the end of the day. This can sap the fun and energy out of a ski day for both the kids and the adults. Loading up a car, fooling around packing equipment, dealing with snow and ice on the roads, looking for parking - do you really want to mess with all of this frustration? When you stay in this home, you do not even need a car. As the home is alongside the Galloping Goose ski-run, you never have to leave the house. The kids can come and go, meet at the house, have lunch, drinks, change out gear, warm up by the fire, or just take a break. If you have kids, and you actually want to enjoy your own vacation, this is the place. Mom and Dad, you deserve a vacation too; if you have to be the driver, ski valet, equipment hauler, shuttle person, communications director and counselor (yes, little kids can get grumpy with 25 lbs of gear). As a bonus, living ON the mountain allows you 'fresh tracks' on your first run each morning, before the lifts even start turning. Be the envy of every powder hound - there is no better way to start your ski day! With the ski-mountain location at 10,001' elevation, you will be surrounded by pine and aspen trees, with total privacy and seclusion, as the home is located at the end of a 500-foot driveway, which is located at the end of a private road!
2013 Summer Festivals:
MountainFilm | May
Balloon Fest | June
Wild West Fest | June
Bluegrass Fest | June
Wine Fest | June
Music Fest | July
Yoga Fest | July
Jazz Fest | August
Film Fest | August
Blues & Brews | September
Photo Fest | September
Horror Fest | October
Also Plein Air Fest, Heritage Fest, 4th Fest, Playwrights' Fest, KOTO Doo-Dah Fest, San Miguel County Fair, Festival of the Arts, Mushroom Fest
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.