Bigfork House Rental Photos and Description
House, 3 Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths, (Sleeps 6)
This exquisite “Sunset Place” home has its own boat dock and is in a premier location on the northeast lakeshore of Flathead Lake in northwestern Montana. You have magnificent views both south and west on Flathead Lake and views of westerly mountains. Flathead Lake is the largest freshwater lake west of the Mississippi, covers over 191 square miles and is one of the cleanest in the world. Plus this home is located within a short walking distance from downtown Bigfork (shopping, five-star restaurants, art galleries and playhouse theater), has a nearby public boat ramp and golf course (with numerous other golf courses in the Flathead Valley) and within an hour from Glacier National Park or Whitefish Mountain and Blacktail Mountain hiking and ski areas. Glacier International Airport is located within 45 minutes of this home.
“Sunset Place” is a new, two-level 4,000 square foot, Montana-style home. There are stunning views of Flathead Lake and nearby mountains. Massive, “hand-scraped” Montana logs have been used in the vaulted ceiling and pillars, along with custom wood railings throughout the main living and stairway area.
This home is located in very serene neighborhood where the homes are very close in proximity to the lake and each other. Sunset place is a wonderful home to unplug, relax and enjoy the best this area has to offer. Respecting the quaintness of the neighborhood this should not be considered a party house or location. This home will wonderfully accommodate 6 adults and perhaps 2-3 children. We ask and the rental agreement strongly disallows large groups. Due to covenants, we cannot rent for less than two weeks.
The main floor includes an open, light entryway, kitchen, wet bar, dining area, living area, guest bathroom, laundry room, master bedroom and bathroom suite, two outdoor patios, natural gas barbecue and two single-car garages. The second level includes an open den/office area and two master bedroom/bathroom suites both with outdoor access to upper balcony patios.
The custom interior is elegantly furnished in Montana style and includes:
• Beautiful, over-sized soft leather and upholstered furniture in the living area where you can sit to enjoy the views, watch evening sunsets, watch a large variety of migrating birds, visit with friends, or curl up to watch TV or read a novel.
• Floor-to-ceiling natural stone gas fireplaces both in the living room and in the main level master bedroom suite.
• Alder wood floors on the main level with area carpets in the living and dining areas, plush carpet in the bedrooms and throughout the second floor.
• Three plush master bedroom suites each with king-size beds and direct access to outdoor patios.
• Tiled-floor bathrooms adjacent to each of the three master bedroom suites, each with granite countertops, double sinks, walk-in closets, over-sized tile showers that have custom European glass doors. Two of the bathrooms have deep soaking tubs.
• Granite countertops in the kitchen with tiled backsplashes, full size island/breakfast bar with built-in microwave, high-grade alder wood cabinets with under and over cabinet lighting, side-by-side Viking refrigerator/freezer doors, 6 burner Viking gas stainless steel stove, dishwasher, stainless double sink with instant-hot water, and pantry. The kitchen is fully stocked with small appliances, dishes, cookware, utensils, silverware; everything except the food.
• 42” plasma TV, along with DVD/stereo with CD player in the living area entertainment center, built-in stereo intercom (main level) and 32” plasma TV with DVD player in the main level master bedroom suite.
This home also has its own private boat dock that is only 20 steps from the patio.
Top tourist attractions include: Bigfork Village with boutique shops, art galleries, Bigfork Playhouse and restaurants, Flathead Lake, Glacier National Park, Kalispell, Whitefish, Bob Marshall Wilderness (many types of outfitters and guides in these areas), National Bison Reserve, Jewell Basin hiking area with mountain-top views, and many small area lakes are nearby for day trips.
Area activities include:
• Boating and watercraft activities, swimming, sunbathing
• Bigfork Playhouse and Theater, Art galleries and museums, Shopping, fine dining
• Sightseeing, wildlife, photography
• Rafting, kayaking, canoeing
• Blue-ribbon fishing and hunting; horseback riding and back-country trips
• Biking, mountain biking and hiking
• Art Show, Antique car show, 4th of July parade and festivities, Bigfork Whitewater Festival Days, NW Montana Fair and Rodeo
• Downhill and cross-country skiing; sledding and tubing; skijoring
This “Sunset Place” home is available by the month at the rate of $15,000/month and is available by the week at the rate of $5,500 plus security deposit, and applicable taxes. This is a no-smoking and pet considered home.
Make this wonderful home your destination for a serene get-away that captivates your senses and is a destination where you can proudly entertain your family and friends…all making unforgettable, life-time memories of your stay in Montana. Enjoy the “last best place” in Montana any time of the year!
Keywords: New House
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
About Bert Herndon
Carl and Bert Herndon are long time residents of Bigfork. This wonderful town is where we chose to raise our family. Since the kids are grown, we now 'winter' in a warmer climate but will always come back to Bigfork for the Summer and Fall. Bigfork is a magical village with outdoor activities for everyone and stunning views everywhere you look.
Bert Herndon purchased this house in 2012
Why Bert Herndon chose Bigfork
This stunning property is so close to Bigfork, you can walk downtown in a matter of minutes, yet far enough way to be quiet.