|Minimum Stay||30 nights|
30 days or longer tenancies only, please.
King Kamehameha the Great's family has chosen 'Old Hawaii' to be their Hawaii vacation house. We are honored and delighted to be selected.
At Old Hawaii Plantation Beach House and Guest Cottage in Lanikai, we extend to all our guests the old fashioned Hawaiian Hospitality, and the famous Spirit of Aloha.
Step back in time to the romance, the charm, that is truly 'Old Hawaii.'
Hawaiian quilts on the beds, lauhala mats on the floors, native plants and flowers in the gardens. Plantation ceiling fans add to the aura of Old Hawaii. This treasure is available for you to enjoy.
You can relax on this heavenly tropical beach, or on the lanai overlooking the expansive grassy lawn. Listen to the soft music of the trade winds in the coconut palms. Enjoy nostalgic Lanikai, as it was since time immemorial, before the rest of the world discovered it.
This kama'aina beach hale was built by our family in 1931. It is an authentic Plantation home, located on prestigious Mokulua Drive, offering the comfort and ambience of Old Hawaii, but with all the modern conveniences, including WiFi for your Internet connection.
There are two bedrooms in the main hale and another bedroom in the detached ohana, a second Plantation cottage on the property, INCLUDED in the rental. There are two outdoor dining areas.
There is a new stove, a new refrigerator/freezer, a new microwave oven, and a new washer and dryer.
This is a family friendly, kid friendly home, with lots of beach toys.
A two-person, fully equipped kayak is waiting there for you!
You will be located across the street from beautiful Lanikai beach, named the best beach in the world by the Travel T V Channel.
Keywords: BEACH HOUSE and GUEST COTTAGE,
30-day or longer rental only
One of the best kept secrets on the island is "Old Hawaii". It is truly a wonderful place to stay in Lanikai.
The Hale was as described, pictures a true likeness. The kitchen has all you need, full equipped. I especially appreciated all the extra's that everyone had left behind. Made use of some and left what I had, hoping that the next people coming in could make use of them.
WiFi was wonderful to have, making it easy to get in touch with the owners, and to connect back home with family and friends.
The bikes, although getting on in age ( like the rest of us) were put to good use. Since we did not have a car rental, we used the bikes as our transportation, along with the great bus system!! The bus stop is located just across the street, and The Bus, #70, can have you in the little town of Kailua within 10 minutes. If you are a walker, and want to walk to Kailua Beach, that will take about 20 minutes......that is.....if you should ever want to leave the gorgeous Lanika Beach area.
Our thanks to Jean and Doug for sharing their Lanika home with us. A perfect holiday! Would we return.......absolutely....YES!
How wonderful this hale is ! We could not have had a more authentic Hawaiian experience than our stay this April in Lanikai.
The house lacks for nothing - comfy linens, fully equipped kitchen, closets and storage; 3 TVs-DVD+CDplayers+WiFi-; kayak, snorkels, toys and abundant sunshine. A 2 minute walk to the beach and several beaches to pick from ! All you need to bring is your bathing suit !
We came from the mainland to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary at this hale in Lanikai with our children, grandkids and friends. The kids played in the fenced yard; we played badminton and frisbee and flew toy airplanes on the big green lawn - it must be a third of an acre; and BBQ'd almost every evening. We did eat out at Teddy's for burgers and Cinnamon’s for breakfast a couple of times in Kailua, but really would never have had to even get in the car ! The kayak came in very handy - a quick trip to the Mokulua Islands by the hardy ones. And the hardy ones took a short hike to the top of the hill to see the WWII gun turrets . History is displayed at this hale with photos from the very early days before and during WWII.
The flora and beaches are just too beautiful - a photographer's dream. This side of Oahu is Hawaii's best kept secret.
We actually enjoyed doing laundry here ! Pack light and use the W/D !
Thank you Jean and Doug. We enjoyed our 35 day stay at this fine example of Old Hawaii.Only a 10 minute walk from the main beach at Lanikai ( voted #1 beach in Hawaii by Travel TV).Great location, very peaceful and wonderful owners to work with. Thank you again for making your home available. We hope to return to Lanikai in the future and would not hesitate to stay here again. Greg and Joyce
Thank you once again,Jean and Doug, for letting us rest and enjoy your piece of paradise. Everything, was as last year...maybe better. Sure felt like home to us. We will be back, for sure!
If you are looking for a place to stay in Lanikai, this is it. As I say that, I wonder if I should be telling everyone about how great it is. The site suggests a car rental, but for the second year, we did without one. If you are able to walk, or bike, forget the car. The Bus comes right across the road, and hop on, and you are in Kailua in minutes....or go onward to Honolulu...in less than an hour. Buzz's restaurant is at Kailua Beach, and if you take the 7:20 pm bus (last bus), in for dinner, you will have to walk home. No bus service in Lanikai after that. A wonderful walk, 25 min., in the warm evening breeze. How great is that! Don't worry about not being able to see where you are going, as the street lights, lite your way home .....to Old Hawaii.
My wife and I stayed at the mini-plantation house (approx. 834 sq. feet main house, approx. 400 sq. feet cottage) from 10/1/13 to 10/21/13. We were scheduled to stay until 11/1/13, but the home became much too uncomfortable to stay for our entire paid vacation. Let me state the pros and cons of this home:
1) Great location. Across the street lies the beautiful Pacific Ocean. Lanikai's sandy beach is not directly across from the home. You will need to walk about 1/4 mile north to access the sandy beach portion. You can access the ocean through a walkway access path about 100 yards from the home, good for launching the kayak, but there is no sandy beach to enjoy.
2) Large yard, good for families with children.
3) Nice covered patio out front to enjoy outdoor weather. There are 2 tables with 8 chairs and a rocker.
4) Extra Cottage in back of home, sleeps 2 people on a twin bed. Approximately 400 square feet. Comes with toilet, no shower inside of cottage, but there is an outdoor shower if your adventurous.
5) Plenty of towels, pots, pans, dishes, cups, silverware. Mini microwave oven, hand can opener, newer appliances (about 2 years old), washer/dryer outdoors in back.
6) Plenty of older beach chairs, snorkeling equipment, boogie boards, 3 older bicycles, and a heavy kayak with detachable wheels to roll it to the beach access path. Cons:1) Home is very old and outdated. That would be okay, if the furnishings were newer and comfortable, but the couches were extremely old and not fun to sit on. The sitting chairs were also tortuous to use for any amount of time. The television was very small and hard to watch in its cabinet.
2) The queen bed in the master bedroom was horrible and unsleepable. It caved into the middle immediately upon laying down on it. We switched to the twin bed in the cottage, just about as bad. Very hard to sleep on mattress' that are well beyond their useful life expectancy.
3) Pillows were unsanitary. I bought a new one. Owner reimbursed me for that.
4) Overall cleanliness was poor. Surfaces not clean, gunk in silverware draws, around garbage can, mildew on shower curtain, leaking faucet in bathroom and kitchen faucet hard to turn off. Shower drain backed up with every use.
5) Bug problem in the home. This was the final straw. When we encountered one too many cockroaches, we left early. We did not ask for a partial refund, and none was offered. If the problems were fixed, a decent play to stay.
My family spent five weeks in this vacation home. This is a wonderful home for a family vacation near the beach. Plenty of space to spread out and the ohana out back is handy. It is very rare to have this much land around a house in Lanikai. The view at the beach is stunning. There is a beach/water access almost across the street from the property. The "sand" beach (much more crowded) is about 1/8th of a mile from the property. During low tide you can practically walk to it in the water across the street. The bikes were fun to ride and the kayak-perfect! The owner is fantastic to deal with and very responsive. Also, the manager lives next door and she was great and her family is lovely. We used to live in Hawaii and we really enjoyed this Hawaiian home near the beach. Mahalo Jean and Doug!!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
30 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$200|
MINIMUM STAY OF 30 DAYS IS REQUIRED
Housekeeping is available at renters expense
Main hale sleeps 4; Ohana Cottage sleeps 2 more
Refundable Security Deposit of $200 is required.
Balance due 60 days prior to arrival date.
Christmas/Holiday rates on request.
Hawaii Tax Number: W01909188-01
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.