Wonderful, right across from beach!
Submitted: January 1, 2012
Stayed: October 2011
This house was right across from an expansive beach as promised! Great place.
1. Across from beach.
2. Mini market (more than a convenience store) within walking distance.
3. Garage door opener provided.
4. Beach toys/bikes/towels provided.
5. Super fast response when we had a leaking sink.
6. SLEEPING: 6 persons are supposed to be upstairs as there is a queen bedroom and 2-twin bedroom with a hall bath. Perfect for parents and two kids. The other 2 are supposed to sleep on a foldout couch. As fold out couches go, it would sleep two small kids but not two adults. Downstairs is where the other 4 are supposed to sleep but its a little awkward, see below.
7. Received refund for deposit within two weeks.
8. Several local owned restaurants within walking distance.
9. 24 hour fitness (with weekly membership available) about 2 miles away on Victoria.
10. Menu's for local dining provided.
11. Great outdoor grill on balcony, although we had to clean it prior to using.
12. Plenty of towels for everyone but IMO, there should be 3-4 x as many washcloths as towels since a new one is used at each shower. See minus' below.
1. Kitchen had ZERO spices. A little cooking spray, S&P and maybe a season salt would have been great- kind of a pain to carry those everywhere and they can be used by subsequent guests.
2. The address was a closely guarded secret. Even when we picked up the keys, from owner's elderly parents nearby, the address was not revealed after asking twice. We were just told, "look for the white roses."
3. Minimal hangers, washcloths and dishrags in house. NOTE: When we called about the water leak, we asked and washcloths/dishrags were brought promptly.
4. Downstairs is more like a studio apartment. King bed, futon, kitchenette kitchen table and bath (private) are all in one room. This is also the only interior passage for garage. Parents and kids could stay here but there isn't any privacy for any party.
5. Dishwasher had only cold water piped to it and, consequently, dishes did not come very clean.
6. $100 cleaning fee. We had to pay this AND strip all beds, carry out trash, wash dishes and put everything by laundry. Just include it in rental price and make the "policing" part of getting deposit back.
Owner's Response: I'm glad you all had a great time. We try to always try to keep salt and pepper but more than that
people just take it with them. We do supply a started paper and soap set as well as dishwasher / hand / bar soap, as well as trash bags. I checked dishwasher and someone turned off the 'Heat Dry'...??. We leave washclothes for every pillow but leave towels on the beds, in baths, and extra beach towels .....but try to leave more when there's a bigger party. As far as the address, I
believe it was given at first response email, on the first page of contract, and on the envelope renter's pick up with the keys. I do supply more than the rest of the beach rentals (holiday lights, computer, bikes, etc), but will always try to to accommodate!
Helpful votes: 4/4
Did you find this review helpful?