Mooncottage—the most romantic, utterly private & luxury St. John rental villa imaginable.
Mooncottage is nestled into a verdant hillside, built from native hardwoods, stone and surrounded by lush tropical gardens—it is a petite, luxury Caribbean villa without compare. Enjoy the romance of this luxury 5-Star Caribbean rental villa with unobstructed, romantic, down-island views of an endless Virgin Island horizon. Mooncottage is virtually breathtaking—a fantasy Caribbean villa and backdrop for your most romantic and restful island vacation, special anniversary, secluded Caribbean honeymoon or secret rendezvous imaginable. And, all of St. John's legendary beaches are only minutes away.
NOTE: Our guests usually rent 7 night stays. Yet, 10-14 nights are the most relaxing--prorated per/night rental rates apply. Shorter stays of 5 nights are also available but carry a moderate short stay surcharge. Please read all of our important notices at the bottom of this description prior to booking your reservation.
Why Mooncottage feels 'just right' for couples.
Most St. John villas are just built too large to feel cozy and romantic for couples. Mooncottage isn't too big of a villa. It was designed for couples and feels just right ... and you will feel right at home. From the gentle sounds at night to the brilliant turquoise colors by day, its magic surrounds you. St. John's world-class beaches are only minutes away. Wonderful local restaurants and bars close by. But the panoramic views day or night will simply blow your mind
Experience the Zen Caribbean magic of Mooncottage.
A petite and utterly romantic luxury Caribbean villa tucked within lush tropical gardens, set high upon a verdant hillside with a down-island view of an endless Caribbean horizon. Our Zen-Caribbean design is architectural, eclectic and spectacular. The views from Mooncottage are simply breathtaking . . . and the backdrop for your most romantic and restful St. John villa vacation imaginable. Imagine Cary Grant's grandmother's view from an 'An Affair to Remember' and you will get the idea!
Panoramic Caribbean Views that will simply blow your mind.
Mooncottage features 5-star, panoramic views that will simply take your breath away. Located in peaceful Calabash Boom, Coral Bay, USVI, Mooncottage has been enchanting guests and receiving rave reviews since 2005. Trip Advisor has logged over fifty-five unanimous 5-star reviews ... and for good reason.
Romantic Villa with Elegant Zen Caribbean ambiance.
Luxury Caribbean villa with chef's kitchen, living/dining, sleeping and bath areas all under a traditional Caribbean hardwood plantation roof. Ceiling fans and trade winds keep you cool and comfortable day or night. A romantic 360 degree veranda encircles the entire villa allowing outdoor enjoyment to either the sea or courtyard gardens. Also, St. John is one of the most beautiful and safe Caribbean vacations available. Clean, world-class beaches, shopping, Eco tourism, sailing and more are everywhere.
Master bedroom crafted in native stone right out of our hillside.
If the bedroom feels as though it has always been there ... that's because it has! 2 full baths and sleeping areas, separate Indoor and outdoor showers accommodate any season or romantic mood. The solar-heated blue pool will make it tempting for you to stay up here all week. If you wish to be sans clothes, no one will see or bother you. (shhhh) And, the villa was designed to be worn without shoes. You will love how the natural pink fossilized coral stone floor feels. A trickling Koi pond completes the fantasy.
Private and secluded location to enjoy nature.
Large sliding mahogany screen doors blur the lines of indoors and out. We know almost everyone on St. John, so you will never be at a loss if there is something special you want. A gourmet meal or private massage brought to you. A snorkeling or scuba trip in crystal Caribbean waters. Whether on a Honeymoon, an Anniversary or together with another close couple, Mooncottage is the perfect, small, luxury St. John vacation villa.
Personal escort to Mooncottage.
Our Mooncottage representatives will meet you in St. John and personally escort you to your own Caribbean hideaway. Soon a cold drink and killer view are yours at this St. John rental villa with luxury and romance peeking out at every turn. Unwind and enjoy the quiet without moving a muscle. Then head out to explore the rest of St. John. (Highly recommended) Extremely private surroundings mean you are free to be yourself. And, you deserve a Caribbean vacation villa like this. Come with someone you love-or just someone you want.
1. Travel Insurance: We highly recommend Travel Insurance for any unexpected problems such as family emergencies or rare severe weather-related problems. We cannot be held responsible for refunds of any kind due to these or other like occurrences. We will help you with a recommendation.
2. Rental Agreement: If you book online with HomeAway, you will be also required to sign our standard Rental Agreement and Liability Waiver electronically via DocuSign for your endorsement which will supersede all other agreements. We only require your name, address, email and phone number.
3. Satisfaction: Generally, we generally like to speak to our guests in-person on the phone before we book Mooncottage. However, if you make your reservation online and are not comfortable for any reason after we speak on the phone, there is absolutely no obligation. We reserve reciprocal rights to cancel for any reason prior to you signing of our Standard Rental Agreement and Liability Waiver. Please note that our Rental Agreement will supersede any prior agreements.
4. Rentals falling on or around Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years will be higher and will not be reflected in your HomeAway automated online quotation. Also, there is a $250 surcharge for an additional guest at Mooncottage.
5. Minimum stays: Our guests usually rent 7 night stays. Yet, 10-14 nights are the most relaxing--prorated per/night rental rates apply. Shorter stays of 5 nights are also available but carry a moderate short stay surcharge.
Thank you for your understanding. You will absolutely LOVE your stay.