Mission Bay Apartment Rental Photos and Description
Apartment, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 4-5)
This lovely, two-bedroom, two-bath, vacation rental home-away-from-home, located at 811 Vanitie Ct in Mission Beach, is steps to our beautiful Mission Bay and a few more steps to the Pacific Ocean. It comprises the entire floor of our brand-new custom building on a charming court in North Mission Beach, San Diego, California, offering a private fenced yard with pieceful fountain, and a private, bay view,dining area with gas barbecue.
AND, it is within a five- to ten-minute walk to a wide variety of restaurants and shops, and a short drive to Sea World and other local attractions. It is a perfect getaway!
You are comfortable in our hideaway regardless of the season. It is light and airy, with ceiling fans in each room for warmer days, and a fireplace and central thermostat heating during the cooler days. Granite counters & vanities. Purified water from every tap & to icemaker in fridge.
You have off-street parking for one car, a private washer/dryer, and much more:
* Master bedroom with queen-size bed, TV/cable/VCR, and private full bath
* Second bedroom with two twin beds and TV/cable. Aerobed available in living room for 5th person - $25/day fee
* Separate full bath with tub/shower.
* Fully-equipped kitchen for casual or gourmet cooking. Gas oven/stove, toaster oven, crock pot, blender, etc. Granite counters and an island with bar stools adjacent to indoor eating area.
* Separate inside eating area seating four comfortably, also with fireplace view.
* Cable Flatscreen HDTV/VCR/DVD/stereo in living room. Comfortable Leather Loveseat and Recliner Lounge near fireplace.
* FAX/copy services available if needed.
* WiFi High Speed Internet Access.
* Beach 'toys' including bicycles, chairs, etc., and a library of videos, books, puzzles, and games.
* Tandem Kayak with life vests available on request.
* $16 discount coupon available for Saska's Steak & Seafood Restaurant - 1 block away
* Coupons available for Bahia Belle Paddlewheeler - Nightly Entertainment on Mission Bay.
* A maximum of five individuals is allowed.
* Check-in time is 3:30 PM and Check-out time is 10:30 AM.
* No pets are allowed.
* No smoking is allowed inside the rental.
* A deposit of 25% of total reserved time, based on above rates, is required at time of reservation.
* A $75 Cleaning Fee is required, and, instead of a damage deposit, we request guest obtain $1500 damage insurance from Homeaway for a one-time, $49 fee.
* Balance of payment is due 30 days prior to scheduled check-in date.
* U.S. - Personal check or money order preferred; Credit card payment, with 2.5% fee, via Homeaway.
* Non-U.S.: U.S Bank Check or Int'l Money Order preferred. Credit card payment, with 4% fee available - request with reservation & a PayPal link will be returned by email.
* Upon receipt of payment, we will send an instruction sheet with directions, answers to FAQ, etc.
CONTACT US at the phone numbers provided below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Keywords: Apartment - 1st Floor of Duplex Home
- non smoking only
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- wheelchair accessible
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
About Bill & Calina Eckert
Calina is a Native San Diegan, and Bill arrived in San Diego with the Navy in 1975. We married in 1977, and vowed to someday move to the Beach. We loved taking long walks on the bay or beach and watching gorgeous sunsets. We built our dream home in North Mission Beach in 2002 and built the first floor as an apartment for Calina’s parents. We made sure that Mom and Dad’s place had all the same modern conveniences as we had upstairs. When Mom and Dad decided to move further inland, we converted the apartment to a Vacation Rental. 'Mission Bay Hideaway', is the newest, cleanest and nicest apartment in Mission Bay. Since then, we have had the pleasure of hosting hundreds of families, from all over the world, to enjoy wonderful vacations in Mom and Dad’s apartment. Bill & Calina, San Diego, CA
Bill & Calina Eckert purchased this apartment in 2002
Why Bill & Calina Eckert chose Mission Bay
Our Mission Bay Hideaway, in North Mission Bay, affords the vacationer all the best of the San Diego Beach and Bay atmosphere. Virtually everything is within a very short walking distance: the beach and bay with every conceivable water sport, marinas, bicycle paths, children’s playground, dozens of excellent restaurants and night clubs, lots of shops, a modern supermarket, internet café, local library, Post Office, Metro Bus Stop, and an amusement park and combination gym, indoor pool and wavehouse recreation facility. Most nights of the year, you can watch the evening fireworks from Sea World, a few miles away. Most other attractions in and around San Diego are just a short drive away.
What makes this apartment unique
We take great pains to ensure our Hideaway is one of the cleanest and best maintained properties in the area. Saltillo tile floors and throw rugs help to keep the beach and bay sand from gaining a foothold and the central vacuum makes cleanup easy. Purified water from a whole-house system eliminates the need to procure bottled water or ice.
Our Fenced In Front Yard is unique to this neighborhood, with very high trees and flowered vines, providing significant privacy for the dining area.
The side parking area provides room for storage of bikes, jetskis, rafts, boogie boards, etc. and can also be used for parking a small vehicle in tandem.
Guestbook comments from the manager
Our family which included 2 small boys aged 3 and 4 years stayed at the Mission Bay Hideway for one week in January, 2009. Bill and Calina were excellent hosts. They were very friendly and helpful. The aprtment is very well laid out, comfortable, and a great place to stay. It is steps in either direction to the Bay or the Ocean and very close to Sea World and the sights and sounds of San Diego. Our children did not want to leave when we had to go and refer to it as our San Diego home. Will will go back again and highly recommend the Mission Bay Hideaway for anyone looking to stay in the San Diego area.
Bob, Catherine, Ben, and Graham