Immerse yourself in the splendor of CloudForest!
Enjoy stunning views from the treetop penthouse overlooking the Pisgah Forest with unobstructed views of the sunrise, star-filled sky, sparkling lights of Charlotte and layers of distant mountain ranges. Situated on over five breathtaking acres of rhododendron, hardwoods, gardens and walking trails, this tranquil setting offers a wonderful escape and an incredible opportunity to relax, create and enjoy.
CloudForest is located just five miles from the center of the village of Blowing Rock where fine dining, museums, art galleries, shopping, tennis and entertainment are readily available, and just two miles past Westglow Spa which offers fitness, yoga and the finest in pampering. The nearby Blue Ridge Parkway offers waterfalls and hiking on Grandfather Mountain, canoeing at Price Lake and fishing at Trout Lake.
The living room features a massive granite fireplace, vaulted ceilings and walls of windows. The kitchen boasts an onyx bar, Viking range and a sitting area overlooking the gorge. The main level also offers a separate suite with queen size bed, full bath and vanity. The loft has king sized bed and full bath. Over 800 square feet of covered deck allow the opportunity to fully embrace this incredible mountain retreat. The cool temperate summers in the awe inspiring grace of the Blue Ridge Mountains are truly unrivaled. Relax and enjoy spring blossoms, fall color, ever-changing cloud formations and astounding views from the serene splendor of CloudForest.
Keywords: Three story Lodge with two separate suites.
My family came to Blowing Rock in the early sixties and found this magnificent 5 acre mountaintop a glorious place to spend the summers and escape the summer heat of the city. I always felt it was too special to not share, so a few years ago, we renovated the three story lodge, adding a new kitchen to the upper two level living area. The kitchen boasts a Viking range, tile countertops and an onyx bar. The sitting area of the kitchen has a bank of windows to enjoy the view. Maple floors were added along with cherry walls in the living room which has soaring heights and huge picture windows. The treetop master suite with bath offers incredible breezes and the feeling you can almost touch the moon and the stars and then awaken to a breathtaking sunrise. The mid level private suite offers bath
and vestibule The granite fireplace is original using granite from Grandfather Mountain. CloudForest has always been an incredibly special place to enjoy the most breathtaking views, hike the trails and enjoy privacy and peace in an enchanting setting. As a licensed North Carolina Real Estate agent, I have had an opportunity to extensively explore the High Country and am always reminded that there is nothing quite like CloudForest! It is a delight to be able to share this special spot - guests always find such awe in the experience.
The Unique Benefits at this Lodge
* Breathtaking, unobstructed views of Charlotte and Hickory in the valley with the vast Pisgah Forest in between.
* Views of the lights in the village of Blowing Rock perched on the ridge.
* Birds that soar across the valley and even an occasional Eagle.
* Westglow spa just down the road for that glorious day of pampering and fitness.
* Enjoying the ever-changing sunrise from the King sized bed!
* Discovering wildflowers along the nearby trails.
* Watching Monarchs that stop over the butterfly garden.
* Cool, cool nights and divine mountain breezes!
' Monarch butterfly sanctuary -
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event||Minimum Stay|
My Standard Rate
|Refundable damage deposit||$250.00|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.