Every twist and turn brings another incredible view of Monterey Bay, with its abundance of wildlife--including pelicans, seagulls, otters, sea lions, whales and dolphins--crashing ocean waves, sand dunes, wildflowers and breathtaking sunrises and sunsets.
One of the best-kept secrets on the Peninsula is the Pacific Grove Golf Course with its great prices and amazing views, including the lighthouse at Pt.Pinos. Its only a 5-minute drive from the house.
Upon arrival you will be greeted with delicious hors d'oeuvres, sparkling cider, local organic coffee to start off your first morning. You will find a welcome book that tells you everything you need to know to enjoy your time here as well as numerous maps, menus, magazines about the area and inside tips on the owners' favorite places to visit and eat.
Entering Sanctuary you come through a small courtyard similar to the quaint charm of Carmel gardens with colorful flowers in mossy containers. A small gated entrance filled with orchids and flowers adds beauty to the charm of the special house you are about to enter.
You will be delighted with the light-filled rooms, tastefully furnished in neutral tones offset with earth colors of warm beige, sage green and rusts.
Everything has been designed with your comfort and enjoyment in mind including spa amenities, plush bathrobes, French press for coffee, a cappuchino maker, reading library, picnic baskets, beach chairs, coolers and umbrellas for a great outing to the beach.
The space is light and airy, with high wood ceilings and handmade warm terracotta tiles in the kitchen and dining areas as well as all the bathrooms.
In the living room there is an gas burning fireplace, seating for 8 people creating a perfect spot to read, gazing at the fire and glancing out at the beautiful blue ever-changing sea beyond the French doors. You will find a large comfortable couch with plenty of pillows and a warm throw to snuggle up with as well a small table with two chairs ready for a hand of cards or other available games. You can watch a good movie from our DVD library or HBO on Cable TV. There is a second day bed couch that sleeps one person. There are many books and magazines available for your enjoyment.
The kitchen is fully equipped to prepare a gourmet multi-course dinner. You will be delighted with the vast selection of dishes, wine glasses, sharpened knives, platters, cooking and bake ware, utensils and accessories that most home kitchens don't have. You will also find a large selection of cookbooks and cooking magazines to inspire you.
The house is a reverse floor plan with the main living areas and the master bedroom on the second floor. On the first floor are two bedrooms and a bathroom with a large spacious step down shower.
The garden bedroom has a view of the small courtyard and the larger bedroom has distant ocean views. There is also a laundry room and door that leads to the garage.
The upper level has a large open living area, kitchen and dining room with amazing views from every window. There are two balconies with potted plants and flowers -- the best place to sit and have morning coffee or afternoon wine while watching the sunrise and sunset. The master bedroom has a king size bed with a memory foam mattress for a great night's sleep that is aided by hearing the sounds of the sea outside your window. There is a also a small private patio as well as a T.V with cable and D.V.D.
Feel free to bring or rent a kayak, boat or bike and keep it in the garage.
We have created Sanctuary to bring you home to yourself. We create spaces that nurture and inspire from the physical location of unparalleled beauty, emphasis on supporting the earth by using ecological sustainable cleaning products, and tasteful design that makes you feel comfortable and at home. We've given our attention to detail on every level. There is inspiration from every source possible to help make your time here something you will always remember and can revisit in your mind until your next stay at Sanctuary by the Sea.
* This is a 2 story residence so please discuss this with us if anyone in your party has difficulty climbing stairs.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
* 10% City transient occupancy tax applicable to all fees (including cleaning and any optional amenity fees).
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent depending on number of guests - $225 to $275
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with our Vacation House Manager assigned to the rental and paying cleaners for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* Rates are based on up to 7 guests, including infants & children. Add $50/night or $200/week for 8 guests.
* Accidental, Loss and Damage Waiver $55 instead of security deposit (covers up to $1,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
* No Pets Allowed at this location. Please ask about our other pet friendly homes!
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest for rentals of 30 days or more.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.
* This is a two story residence. There are 2 bedrooms and bath available downstairs if difficulty climbing stairs, but main living areas (kitchen, dining, living room,powder room and Master Bedroom/Bath) and ocean views are upstairs.
** Please call to inquire about 4 or 5 night minimums for Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years, subject to owner's approval.
* Special Terms and Restrictions Apply
* Last-Minute Specials!! $50 to $100 discount per night, depending on number of guests, if booked within 7 days of arrival, subject to owner's approval. “Minimum night stays” can also be waived.