Perfect villa for a perfect family vacation
Submitted: March 28, 2013
Stayed: March 2013
After a joyous week at Island Stones, everyone wants to return.
When reviewing the website; please believe it and much more! The reality is awesome.
The view from the pool deck is transfixing—best on St John, with occasional full-sky rainbows. We loved the top-of-the-mountain isolation.
The excellent layout provides large separate areas for individual privacy and full-family partying. Bedrooms have in- and out-door (loved it) showers; most have private decks with spectacular views over St John's north shore and the British Virgin Islands. We enjoyed the beautiful private gardens with flowers everywhere. The serene setting is completely private: no houses or people ever seen.
The website only hints at the beauty and fun of the infinity pool and spacious deck. The well maintained freshwater pool is crystal clear, with an unusually attractive design. You and your kids will love it non-stop.
All amenities are top-of-line. We relished the high-performance outdoor grill sited conveniently just behind the large outdoor wet-bar. A/C is available throughout, but pleasant evening breezes discourage use. We preferred the atmosphere and sounds of the outdoor wilderness. We much appreciated the top-of-the-line appliances: clothes washer/dryer, dishwasher, side-by-side freezer/refrigerator. WiFi operated well.
An ample supply of excellent snorkeling gear and great canvas beach chairs were available.
The property management company for Island Stones is very friendly and attentive to your every need. An example: We gently complained of the absence of Champagne glasses—seriously compromising our new routine of relaxing on the deck while drinking in the grandeur of the Caribbean islands arrayed on the horizon. A brand new set of 8 etched crystal flutes appeared next day.
A few cautions:
1. Rent a jeep or SUV. The villa is off Route 206, many portions of which are narrow and bumpy; o.k. with a jeep. Drive <1 mile north to some of the best beaches on the island, but slowly, <10 mph.
2. Water flow diminishes when all of your kids shower simultaneously. Schedule them.
3. Mosquitos were a bit bothersome around sunrise and sunset, but controlled by insecticide spray.
4. Shop in Cruz Bay: best food market is Starfish (free parking). However, during the spring-break, Cruz Bay was too congested. Excellent cuisine can be enjoyed in small beach restaurants around Coral Bay (book ahead).
5. Reserve this best-in-class villa well in advance.
Did you find this review helpful?