Discover the desert charms of Dos Agaves, a modern home with a kidney-shaped pool, featured in Metropolitan Home (Aug. 2006) and Palm Springs Living (Rizzoli, 2007).
Built by the Alexander Construction Company in 1961, Dos Agaves offers the opportunity to:
• Relax comfortably in modern, updated & art-filled spaces.
• Surround yourself in a private desert garden with palms, agaves, & fruit trees.
• Lounge poolside on a shaded and sunny patio.
• Swim behind flowering hedges.
• Dine Alfresco.
• Watch hawks and hummingbirds zoom through the garden.
• Play board games, bridge, backgammon, & dominoes.
• Watch a movie or the big game on an LCD TV & DVD.
• Prepare & serve a feast in the fully stocked kitchen & airy dining room.
• Surf the net with wireless internet access.
Perfectly located in sunny, wind-free south Palm Springs, Dos Agaves is 4 miles from Palm Springs Int'l Airport (PSP) and near scenic golf courses, gourmet grocery stores, world-class shopping & dining, horseback riding, and hiking.
About Palm Springs:
A beautiful desert oasis steeped in history, Palm Springs is located at the base of Mt. San Jacinto, about two hours from Los Angeles. Palm Springs originated as a spa resort for Hollywood celebrities and other adventurers looking for an LA get-away.
In the mid 1900's, Palm Springs emerged at the forefront of the modernist architecture movement. Today, the town delights with excitement and charm. Palm Springs offers varied activities--golfing, hiking, horseback riding, gourmet dining, shopping, gallery-hopping, gambling, sight-seeing, tram riding--that appeal to all ages and interests.
Special Events in 2014
• PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL, Jan. 3-13, 2014
• HUMANA CHALLENGE PGA TOUR EVENT in La Quinta (formerly BOB HOPE CLASSIC), Jan 13-19, 2014
• MODERNISM WEEK, Feb 13-23, 2014
• LA QUINTA ART FESTIVAL, Mar 6-9, 2014
• BNP PARIBAS OPEN (INDIAN WELLS TENNIS TOURNAMENT, Mar 3-16, 2014
• KRAFT NABISCO CHAMPIONSHIP, LPGA (DINAH SHORE WEEKEND), Mar 31-April 6, 2014
• COACHELLA VALLEY MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL, Apr 11-13 & Apr 18-20, 2014 (special rental rates apply)
Area Entertainment & Activities:
While at Dos Agaves, take advantage of entertainment and activities in Palm Springs and nearby desert cities:
• Golf on world-class courses
• Hike mountain trails
• Museum and gallery hop
• Shop ‘til you drop
• Eat at unique restaurants
• Ride horses
• Visit The Living Desert Zoo & Botanical Gardens
• Gamble at local casinos
• See live theater and concerts
• Ride the world’s largest rotating Aerial Tram Car to the mountain top
• Visit Joshua Tree National Park
Convenient to Essential Services:
Located in South Palm Springs and convenient to essential services, Dos Agaves is:
• ½ mile to Gourmet Grocery stores—a new Jensen’s Finest Foods, a World Market, and a renovated Ralph’s
• ½ mile to the Araby Trail that hikes past Bob Hope’s iconic house
• 1 mile to Koffi, a Palm Springs Espresso Cafe
• 1 mile to the The Parker Palm Springs Hotel
• 2 miles to Palm Springs Int'l Airport (PSP)
• 3 miles to Downtown Palm Springs
• 4 miles to Trader Joe's and Target
• 8 miles to Shopping at El Paso in Palm Desert
• 15 miles to La Quinta
• 20 miles to Indio Empire Polo Grounds (Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival venue)
Convenient Airport Service:
• 2 miles to Palm Springs Int’l Airport (PSP)
• 1 hour to LA/Ontario Int’l Airport (ONT)
• 2 hours to Los Angeles Int’l Airport (LAX)
Dos Agaves’ additional features:
•3 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms
• Sleeps 6
• Kidney-shaped pool (heating optional)
• Full kitchen
• Indoor dining table seats 10, outdoor table seats 6
• 4 loungers, 2 pool floats, outdoor bar
• Game table
• Large sectional seats 6 in front of LCD TV & DVD
• Original art lit by recessed lighting
• 480 count white cotton sheets under down comforters & pillows
Dos Agaves beckons…..book your getaway today!
Keywords: Mid-Century Modern House
Dos Agaves is a great escape from the city. Here in the desert, we relax, swim, cook, read, exercise, and bask in the warmth of the sun.
Botanical garden, eco-tourism, outlet shopping, mountain climbing, hiking, walking, parks, casinos, bird-watching, scenic drives, spas
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.