Amazing Hill Country Views...Relaxing weekend
I stayed at this house in June, 2009 for a girls weekend. The house has two large decks with amazing hill country views and hardly another house in sight. The house was clean, tastefully decorated, and the bedrooms were charming and comfortable. We had a great, relaxing time here enjoying the views and the hot-tub. The owner provided all the household items listed in the description.
I would rent the house again...but there are some things that I think potential renters should know:
1) Along with amazing hill country views comes a fairly rustic environment. Getting to the house involves driving over a series of dirt roads, hopping out of the car to unlock a gate, and then walking an uneven stone path from the parking area to the front door, which also has a couple of steps. This is not a handicapped accessible property and I imagine the roads would not be fun in bad weather.
2) I found the owner's directions to the house to be somewhat confusing and not totally accurate. But, the house is not hard to find once you know where you're going, so, if possible, have someone drive the route ahead of time in the daylight.
2) The house is about fifteen minutes from downtown Wimberly and about 10 minutes from the closest restaurants.
3) Keep a flashlight handy. Even though the owners have put lights along the path, it was still quite dark at night.
4) There is an awesome fire pit with stone "seating" at the house.
5) The bunk-bed room is the only room of the house that isn't really decorated. The room is small and is most appropriate for children (in my opinion).
We had a great time staying at this house. I would say that it's a great place to visit if you want to kick back and relax, but is a bit remote if you plan to be active and come an go from the house frequently.
--Downtown wimberly is awesome, of course.
--Driftwood Estate Winery offers $5 tastings and has occasional evening music where you are invited to bring a picnic and enjoy their views and a bottle of wine.
--Mandola Winery/Trattoria Lisinia--Great Italian place owned by a winery. Ask for a table by the windows; they also have great views.
Families with Teenagers,
Helpful votes: 25/25
Did you find this review helpful?