Our family with young children stayed at this house in early July 2011. Overall, we rank this house highest on our list in terms of summer vacation rentals for the following reasons:
1. The owners are responsive and extremely prompt in follow up to any questions or requests. By far, they were the best owners we have worked with in terms of vacation rentals in a long time.
2. The house is immaculate. It's clear that keeping the house in tip-top condition is a priority for the owners.
3. The house is intuitively organized and easy to use. The fully stocked kitchen has labels providing info on what each cabinet and drawer contains. As a result, we spent minimal time searching for kitchenware and grilling tools.
4. The outdoor shower is roomy and clean.
5. The house is centrally located between multiple farmers' markets and two solid beaches. Also, for those with young children, the house is a 5 minute drive from an expansive playground which kept our kids busy after the beach day ended.
6. The house is tastefully decorated, but not overly cluttered or dangerous for little children.
7. Bathrooms are spacious and well designed.
8. There is a detailed book of check-in, check-out, and maps to key locations locally (supermarkets, beaches, hospitals, etc) available. Overall, it makes you feel welcome and informed to make ramping up upon arrival easy and relaxing.
Key places nearby:
1. Playground in the Commons in Little Compton.
2. South Shore beach in Little Compton.
3. Fogland beach in Tiverton.
4. Tiverton Four Corners.
5. Gray's Ice Cream in Tiverton.
6. Newport is only a 20 minute drive away.
7. Bristol, RI is only a 15 minute drive away.
8. Multiple fresh food farm stands.
9. Great biking location locally in Little Compton or at Colt State Park in Bristol, RI.
10. Well-stocked general store, Wilbur's, in the Commons in Little Compton center has almost everything you need (meat counter, canned goods, breads, sandwiches, etc).
11. Fish market is only 2 minutes down the road from the house.
12. Back Eddy restaurant in Westport, MA is only 10 miles away via a quaint, relaxing back road drive.
Overall, you cannot go wrong renting this house. It has everything the site lists and much more. We will be returning in the future.
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children,
Helpful votes: 6/6
Did you find this review helpful?