Naples Beach Club information
A welcome pack is left in the unit from Phase III with a great deal of local information, there are cards for restaurants, recommend Café Luna on 5th Avenue, two minutes walk from us, a good deal and warm welcome from Ed and Shannon, we will ask them to look out for you, good for lunch also. (Good food good value).
Also found this time Swan River 5 minutes drive if you like fish, also wonderful food and realistically priced.
After your fish course try the cinammon apple pie !
The BEACH!!! At the end of 5th.. You may wish to head south to 12th Avenue S. to the pier . There's a parking lot there you will need quarters for the meters. You've GOT to see at least one sunset on the pier! Lowdermilk Park is good for sunsets also.
2) Naples Trolley – This would be a great orientation when you first get here. To get to the Trolley Depot, turn left out of the neighborhood onto 5th Avenue. Once you cross the bridge, make the first possible left hand turn. You will see the trolley depot on your left, a red building.
3) Tin City – 1 mile from the house. Take left out of the neighborhood and Tin City is the first thing on your left after you cross the Gordon River Bridge. Touristy shopping and dining.
4) Take a ride on the Double Sunshine! Bring your own cooler and catch the sunset from this giant catamaran.
5) City Docks – Take a stroll after dinner on the docks! To get to them, take a left at the first stoplight after you cross the Gordon River Bridge. Head south to 8th Avenue South and turn left.
6) 5th Avenue and 3rd Street Shopping – Self-explanatory! Enjoy lunch or dinner and a stroll around for shopping & people watching!
7) Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary -- Get up early wild the wildlife is still active. Head north on 41 to Immokalee Road and turn right. Follow the signs to Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary and enjoy walking the boardwalk to see wildlife.
8) Conservancy Nature Center – Take a left out of the neighborhood and a right just past the bridge onto Goodlette-Frank Road. Turn right just after the Post Office and go straight. The Conservancy is just ahead on your right.
9) Naples Public Library – The main branch is nearby. Head north on 41 and turn left onto Central Avenue. The library is on your left. Great place to check your email with free Internet access.
10) Philharmonic Center for the Arts – Pop in and see what's on exhibit. We have enjoyed exhibits like Dale Chihuly's glass works. You can also find out about getting tickets to any shows you may be interested in.
11) Seminole Gaming Palace – In Immokalee. About a 45-minute drive away. Take 41 North to Immokalee Road. Turn right onto Immokalee. The Seminole Gaming Palace will be on your right, well past Corkscrew Swamp.
12) Delnor Wiggins State Park – Take 41 north to Pine Ridge Road. Turn left onto Pine Ridge and you will reach the park. This beach was named one of America's Top Ten!
13) Caribbean Gardens (Home of Jungle Larry's Zoological Park) – A very nice zoo. Bring the kids here!
14) Lowdermilk Park – Another beachfront park. Head west on 5th Avenue towards the beach and turn right on Gulfshore Blvd. The park is on your left.
15) Wooten's Everglades Boat Tours – Turn right out of the neighborhood onto 5th Ave/ Tamiami Trail East. Keep on going until you're in the Everglades. You'll pass Port of the Islands on your right, then you'll come to Wooten's also on your right.
16) Island Nature Cruise – Take a right onto Tamiami Trail East. Go several miles, then turn right on Collier Blvd., aka County Road 951. Turn right onto Shell Island Road to the park. The boat departs here and makes a stop on Keewaydin Island for shelling.
17) Sanibel and Captiva Island – Drive North on 41 until you get to Gladiolus Road. Turn left towards Sanibel. While you're there, explore Ding Darling Park. You can drive through it. Check out the art galleries. One restaurant we like is called McTee's – they have wonderful 'all-you-can-eat' crab.
18) Marco Island – Take a right onto Tamiami Trail East. Go several miles, then turn right on Collier Blvd., aka County Road 951. This will take you straight onto Marco. Not much here other than hotels, houses and restaurants.
19) The Von Liebig Centre on Park Street round the corner from Inn on Fifth Hotel for arts and photography, there is also Naples Art Gallery along the Tamiami
This info hopefully will give you some leads to follow and possibly other options.