Dragano Villa Rental Photos and Description
3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 1 half bath, Wi Fi, sleeps 6+2
This villa is an ideal getaway for guests yearning for a truly out of the ordinary retreat, just next to Lefkada's breathtaking beaches! Officially recognized as a preserved building, 'Meli' carries with it a history which dates back to the 19th century. It is a unique stone villa featuring 3 spacious bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms (designer matresses & toiletries, Flat Screen TVs with satellite, hairdryer, safe box), spacious sitting areas with fireplace, dining area, fully equipped rustic kitchen (dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kettle, spices etc).
The attention to detail is evident in all the superbly-decorated interiors which combine rustic authenticity with all-modern amenities. A large courtyard, a traditional wood burning oven and large built-in barbeque to the side, create exquisite sitting and dining areas with spectacular views of the surrounding countryside. The secluded village is next to some of the most famous beaches in the Med (Porto Katsiki, Egremni, Gialos etc)
LATEST NEWS: Villa Meli is one of the few vacation rentals so close (only 6kms) to Egremni beach, which was ranked 1st in Greece and 24th worldwide (out of 100) in a survey conducted by CNN and published recently (May 2013).
'Dramatic sunsets, electric-blue water, enough room for everyone: This long stretch of sand on the island of Lefkada has become one of Greece's most popular beach retreats since a road was built in the 1990s.' For more information please visit the following link: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/28/travel/100-best-beaches
The experience at Meli combines:
1. Luxurius living with all amenities at hand to ensure your comfort and relaxation
2. Close proximity to the island's wonderful long, sandy beaches with clean, turquoise waters (quite handy, especially when it might take people from the north of the island more than an hour to approach)
3. Traditional Greek village living, with an opportunity to taste local delights & fresh local produce (honey, wine, free range eggs, olive oil etc.)
4. Connection with rich nature's relaxing aura either by sitting at the villa's garden, or by enjoying walking or biking along the fields/olive groves/vineyards/mountain right across the villa etc. (4 mountain bikes provided for free)
5. Calmness and safety as the small village provides the necessary quietness to ensure you enjoy your sleep (away from crowds) and the safety needed for children to feel free to walk & play around (as there are not many cars around)
6. Genuine owner hospitality to make your stay with us carefree.
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets considered
I have travelled around the world a lot (both for pleasure and for business) and, as a traveller myself, I have gathered very useful experiences which I believe is a great help in our efforts to provide you with a pleasant stay.
I inherited it from my father who inherited it from his father and so on....
The feel of tradition, the smell of the wood beams, the generocity in space, the totally relaxing countryside views, the nature's silent sounds along with those of the birds, the rooster, the donkey...