|Property type||chateau / country house|
|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
We are unable to make a reservation more than 60 days in advance. Please check back for availability 2 months in advance of your required dates.
This home is for rent for weekly vacations. Located in the Heart of the Robson Valley in Scenic McBride: the charming village highlighted by the recent movie 'Horses of McBride'. Just 2 hours south of Prince George, 45 minutes west of Mount Robson Provincial Park and 60 minutes west of Jasper National Park boundary. The town-site of Jasper is one and three-quarters of an hour depending upon traffic in the park (167 km).
Our home is a wilderness mountain retreat combined with the comforts of Village living! This 2400 square foot home, situated on 10 forested acres fronting the Fraser River, may be just the home you've been searching for.
Click on the owner's link below for more pictures.
Description of Home
1. 2400 square feet, 2 story
2. 5 bedrooms, 2 full baths.
3. Large home office off front entrance way.
4. Hardwood Birch and parquet flooring throughout the home.
5. Spacious kitchen, Birch cabinets, and centre island.
6. Oversize one car attached, insulated garage with opener.
7. Brand new fridge, stove, hood fan and dishwasher.
8. Newer high efficiency propane furnace. New hot water tank
9. Brick, wood burning fireplace.
10. Laundry room on main floor.
11. Full height unfinished basement.
12. Many custom built-in cabinets.
Description of Property
1. 9.6 forested acres with approximately 500 feet fronting on the Fraser River.
2. On a quiet road off Mountainview Road and within the McBride fire district and on the school bus route.
4. Village maintained and plowed roads right to the driveway.
5. Open grass front yard with beautiful perennial flower beds.
6. Fully fenced property (wire and cedar rail) ideal for horses. Covered hay / firewood shed and enclosed tack room.
7. Trails throughout the property – stroll through a cedar grove, follow a brook, check out the paper Birch Trail or admire the River view.
8. Circular front drive makes trailer access a breeze.
9. An incredible array of birds and wild-life at your doorstep.
10. Cedar deck overlooks the Robson Valley. A covered verandah has beautiful views of the Rocky Mountains.
This home is the perfect place to escape the pressures and hectic pace of city life. Robson Valley is a great place to Rejuvenate in the peace and tranquility of a true wilderness setting; Marvel at the sounds of silence broken only by the songs of the birds and the wind in the trees. Recuperate from city life as you contemplate the Rocky mountains which climb from the front porch or let the stress melt away as you enjoy a cup of tea while absorbing the magnificent vista of the Cariboo Mountains and Robson Valley from the back deck. In the evening watch the sunset, snuggle around a cozy fireplace, count the shooting stars, or roast marshmallows around the campfire.
Get back to nature while strolling forested trails throughout the 10 acre property and picnic on the banks of the Fraser overlooking the magnificent Dore Valley. You’ll find an incredible array of fauna, birds, and wild-life right at your doorstep. Endless recreational opportunities abound for outdoor enthusiasts including hiking, fishing, rafting, trail riding, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing and snow-shoeing. Jasper National Park and Mount Robson Provincial Park are only an hour away.
While you can enjoy the wilderness setting you don’t need to suffer the disadvantages of physical isolation. The village of McBride is just 6 kilometres away with all the services you’ll need to enjoy a comfortable stay in the mountains.
Hike in the mountains on local trails or head out on day trips to Mount Robson (45 minutes) or Jasper National Park. Visit the old growth ancient cedar forests recently discovered north of McBride. There’s great fishing in nearby streams and rivers or watch salmon spawn in late August on the Holmes River, Access alpine meadows with wide open hiking by simply driving to the top of McBride Peak (four wheel drive required), or follow one of many forestry roads to explore the local mountains. The Holmes River forestry road takes you right to the base of the Continental Divide. Canoe in local lakes or float the Fraser from the Village of Dunster and make land right on your doorstep. Bring your horses. The property is fully fenced. A corral and hay is available.
Snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, snow shoeing, or just relaxing with a mug of hot chocolate around the fire: McBride is a winter paradise. Mount Renshaw is 6 kms and is an award winning haven for seasoned riders. High snowfall with moderate elevations creates great cross-country skiing opportunities. Two recreational areas offer groomed trails just minutes from town. Snowshoe trails lead to the back country and overnight cabins, or simply follow the forestry roads and explore the countryside. Winter access to the home is excellent via paved roads. There is plenty of parking and a U- shaped driveway makes access with trailers a breeze.
Click on the link below for further pictures.
Keywords: Cottage, Retreat, Vacation Home,
Holiday, House, View, Riverfront,
Mountain Home, Acreage
We stayed at McBride for 2 weeks. We were visiting from England, we found the accomodation to be clean and well maintained. the grounds are extensive.The owner was most helpful regarding local area and things to do. If you are looking for a quiet retreat this is the place for you. There are so many walks, and parks to visit. The ancient forest was spectacular. Whilst out driving at differerent times we saw 5 bears, an elk, a lynx, and a baby moose.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||C$600.00|
|Notes||The home is expected to be left in the same clean condition which you will find upon arrival. If the home requires cleaning after your departure a $100 cleaning fee will be deducted from the damage deposit. Bed linens and towels do not need to be laundered prior to your departure. Clean dishes may be left in the dishwasher.|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (CAD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.