|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Family-oriented mountain vacation home, conveniently located for both winter and summer activities. Here are the driving times to popular destinations from the cabin:
- 4 min to Coyote Moon Golf Course
- 5 min to Tahoe Donner Recreation Center
- 9 min to Donner Lake
- 11 min to Downtown Truckee
- 11 min to Tahoe Donner ski Area
- 16 min to Boreal ski resort
- 19 min to Northstar ski resort
- 23 min to Sugar Bowl ski resort
- 25 min to Squaw Valley ski resort
- 29 min to Alpine Meadows ski resort
Please click on 'View Calendar' to check up-to-date availability.
Want to enjoy the outdoors, yet don't want to give up comfort? Look no further...
Have all the fun that the Sierra mountains can offer year-round and relax in a homey atmosphere, all at a reasonable price.
Summary of sleeping accommodations:
Master bedroom : one queen-size bed
Guests bedroom: one queen-size bed
Kids bedroom : two twin-size beds
Loft : futon bed
We had a delightful stay at the Denoix's cabin. This is a beautifully maintained property and very comfortable - you can kick back, relax and enjoy the serenity of whispering pines and blue sky. Because of its location, there is very little road traffic and even on a weekend in July, the neighborhood was very quiet. We loved sitting out on the deck - a great place to enjoy coffee and breakfast in the morning or a soothing libation in the evening under the stars. The beds were comfortable and the kitchen had everything we needed.
Richard is great work to with - answered all my questions and provided complete information about all aspects of our stay. I really appreciated the fact that the rental included the housecleaning fee. A lot of places charge an additional fee on top of the rent and sometimes those fees are very high. My deposit was returned promptly after we had returned from our weekend. We hope to return for another stay sometime in the future.
Notes: the concern about bears is real! On our second morning there my husband and I were sitting on the deck, about 7:30 am, when we heard a noise and looked up to see a bear ambling across the road right in front of the deck. We suspect the noise was the bear having a go at the "bear proof" trash box next to the cabin driveway. The bear proceeded to check out the neighbors trash box across the road and then wandered off through their property. It was cool to see the bear - but definitely brought home to us the reality of the situation. It's very important to follow the rules when it comes to bear-proofing!
One other note: Richard and Lenore Denoix own/operate the Casse-Croute Bakery in my hometown, Livermore, CA - a fact I did not know when I first contacted them about renting this cabin. What a coincidince! I can recommend their bakery, as well as their cabin.
This is a nice spacious cabin in a beautiful location. My family and I were very pleased with our experience, the rates were affordable, and we would be happy to come back.
Our stay in this cabin was wonderful! The cabin is laid out well and has everything you need for a comfortable stay. We didn't get to spend much time in the cabin, but the time we did spend couldn't have been better. We travel a lot so being able to rent a cabin with all of the necessities is important to us. Also important to us is cleanliness, which this cabin was. The owners were also very easy to communicate with prior to our stay. Always very responsive in answering questions. We would stay here again.
Our family (4adults, 2 children) stayed
here over the '09 holidays. The house was
clean and very well taken care of. The
owner was responsive and helpful. All in
all, a fantastic home and easy rental.
The Denoix cabin is a clean, well appointed, cozy Tahoe cabin that is a great value for the money.
* Proximity to Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski area and an abundance of stores and fast food on Donner Pass Road.
* Clean, cozy, tastefully decorated.
* Super clean cafe au lait colored carpet (just need to patch one section near the patio door)
* Use of garage.
* Owners very responsive to needs: we were a last minute reservation and they were so kind to personally meet us to sign the rental agreement then the cabin had cable connection issues and they immediately took steps to resolve it.
* The kitchen was well stocked (almost too well-stocked as the drawers we're overflowing with every imaginable thing you might need) with all the necessary appointments...Wolfgang Puck cookware, Corelle dishes, nicely weighted silverware, newer dishwasher, clean linoleum flooring.
* The laundry room had a newer washer/dryer and iron/ironing board.
* Newer Mission and Mexican styled furniture in the great room with a dining table that sat 7 if you used the ottoman from the Mission set. 3 counter stools added more, albeit a little too high for the counter height, seats.
* Bathrooms included nice soft, bright white towels and hairdryer.
* Bedrooms were cozily decorated with comfy comforters and matching drapes.
* Entertainment extras included lots of games, books, VHS tapes, a DVD/VHS player, CD/tape/radio combo and even an electronic keyboard.
* Nice wood burning stove with tons of firewood in the garage...but the central heater worked so well we never used the stove.
* High-speed internet
Recommended by our children:
* Jiffy's Pizza
* Blizzard's at Dairy Queen
* The snow play area just past Donner Pass Road and 89
* Skiing and the instructors at Tahoe Donner
We loved the time spent with the children doing what they love in a clean, cozy and safe environment. We will definitely return.
Thanks to Lenore and Richard for making our stay such a pleasure.
I have stayed at this cozy cabin with friends, and the location is perfect 15 minutes from Northstar and a couple minutes from Truckee. This cabin has such a warm welcoming feeling, and I cant wait to go back!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 15 2015 - Sep 14 2015
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 5 guests; add $40 per night, per additional guest|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 5 guests; add $35 per night, per additional guest|
US Holidays subject to surcharge depending on length of stay. Minimum charge applies. Ask for a quote for accurate pricing. Discounts available for young age children.
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.