|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
Be cool. 40ft swimming pool for laps, playing or staying cool. 80ft of covered patios with misters, outdoor fans, Mexican tile, Bbq, tables, chairs and conversational areas.
Plenty of pool glasses to sip margaritas on the lounges by the pool. Sit in the tea house with misters, fans, lights and music to stay cool.
Six cool showers to keep you refreshed. PERMIT #4705
Cool summer rates.
Minutes to the action in downtown Palm Springs and located in Old Racquet Club West.
Escape to the tranquil and lazy days at Villa de Catalina. The Villa is nestled in the neighborhood to the stars—Onassis, Betty Davis and Joan Crawford and where Marilyn Monroe and Natalie Wood use to hang out at the old Racquet Club West.
Enter to mountain views, numerous fountains and a large private swimming pool.
The two over-sized verandas have ceiling fans, lighting, Mexican tile floors, music and misters.
Outdoor dual showers.
Japanese tea house for early morning coffee break. Or a quiet retreat to read the daily morning newspaper or listen to music .
Your stay will include:
• Four bedrooms and three granite tile baths: one with dual showers, jacuzzi tub. One bath with large walk in shower with over-sized shower head, the other bath has bath and shower combination.
• Master bedroom features wood floors with private entry to outdoor veranda and pool.
• 4 bedrooms—1 king, 1 queen, 2 doubles, 1 twin, 1 double blow up bed; plenty of closet and drawer space for longer stays.
• Fully stocked state-of-the-art kitchen for entertaining with high efficiency appliances (Jenn-Air, Viking, Maytag, Bosch). Kitchen leads directly to outdoor veranda with BBQ, large granite counter, over-head fans, lights, misters. Cozy seating and tables for large groups.
Laundry facilities on site.
• Southwestern Spanish Villa flare with eclectic style throughout; plantation shutters, ceiling fans and centralized air, mexican tile floors and tile roof.
• Environmentally sensitive and equipped with solar panels and indigenous desert plantings, and landscaped with large palm and fruit trees.
• Desert tortoise compound—endangered tortoises on loan from the ‘Living Desert’.
• Two verandas – one for outdoor dining with built-in gas grill and the other for relaxing under misters that overlook the pool. Ample seating and tables for eating or watching a sunset. Misters, music, ceiling fans and lights make for special moments.
• Numerous outdoor seating areas for larger events.
Palm Springs has something for everyone. Be our guests and enjoy the experience.
Keywords: Southwestern Spanish Villa
• World-famous Aerial Tramway to the cooler climate of Palm Springs; enjoy dinner on top of the mountain or hike one of the numerous hiking trails.
• Coechella Music Festival (annually in April).
• Stagecoach Country Music Festival (late April).
• Palm Springs International Film Festival (annually in January).
• Tennis—Indian Wells BNP Paribas Open - ATP World Masters and WTA event (annually in March).
• Casinos—Agua Caliente, Augustine Casino, Morongo, Spa Resort, Fantasy Springs Resort, Spotlight 29.
• Theaters—Annenburg, McCallum Theatre.
• Museums—Palms Springs Air Museum, Palm Springs Art Museum, El Paseo Artwalk, Agua Caliente Cultural Museum, Indian Museum and ceremonial Indian Pow Wows and the unique Cabot Pueblo Museum.
• Golf at world class courses or watch the pros—Desert Willow, Indian Canyon, Tahquitz Creek, Mesquite, Escena and more.
• Tour homes of movie stars of the past and neighborhoods of mid-century modern homes (Celebrity Tours, P.S. Windmill Tours).
• Shopping: Downtown Palm Springs, Desert Hills Premium Outlets, Cabazon Outlets, The Shops on El Paseo, Street Fair-every Thursday evening in Palm Springs.
• Day Spas – Spa Resort downtown Palm Springs, Agua Serena Spa, Miracle Springs Spa, The Wells Spa, Spa Esmeralda.
• Other attractions: Desert Adventures, Hummer Tours, Big Wheel Tours, Smoke Tree Stables, Funseekers.
• Disneyland (1.5 hours)
• Six Flags Magic Mountain (2 hours)
• San Diego Zoo (1.5 hours)
• Legoland (1.5 hours)
• Universal City Walk/Universal Studios (2 hours)
• Santa Monica Pier/Venice Beach/Marina Del Rey (2 hours)
• Las Vegas (4 hours)
• Grand Canyon (6.5 hours)
Nearby ski resorts: Mountain High (1 hour 15 minutes), Bear Mountain (Big Bear 2 hours)
We have been renting our homes for over ten years and have enjoyed the various people from all areas of the world.
Claudio de Medeiros purchased this estate in 2005
Love Palm Springs. People friendly, great climate, culturally inspiring.
Large private and tranquil -- once behind our walls you don't want to leave! Close to all amenities.
If I were ranking this property from a pure aesthetic standpoint, I would likely give it a solid 4/5. The photos are a bit misleading -- the place isn't quite as nice as it appears (in particular, the living room furniture is quite outdated) -- but that's not unexpected for an online listing. I loved the pool; it kept me and the rest of the guests cool in the 115 degree heat. The outdoor grill / patio area was an excellent spot for a grill out, and we had plenty of room inside so as not to get in each others ways (3 full sized bathrooms for 4 rooms).
I bumped the review up to 5 stars because the contact person for the property, Claudio, went above and beyond when the wireless internet wasn't working for me and my group. Claudio was extremely responsive when I told him the WiFi was out and he tried multiple things to get the internet working. Although the internet wasn't able to be fixed (due to factors outside my or Claudio's control), Claudio gave me a discount and apologized for the inconvenience. He also gave me excellent brunch suggestions.
tl;dr: fine property, great pool, quiet location, outstanding owner.
We've stayed at this charming house overnight with friends, and that has been one of the best experiences along our journey. Quite and secluded, with lots of space and refreshing pool, yet close enough to downtown and entertainment.
A few blocks away from the entrance to the Aerial Tramway path.
Would definitely recommend to all my friends who plan to visit Palm Springs!
Rented this property for a bachlorette weekend getaway with 12 girls. The house is even better in person than the pictures portray. It is large enough that no girl was ever waiting for a bathroom and everyone had a place to sleep. The house has character and charm and we didn't end up leaving once during the whole weekend because we were having the perfect time where we were!! Great for a large party! There are so many little special spots, like the back patio with BBQ, the tiki hut, the large living room, the pool patio, that people can migrate and fully have a new and varied experience all over the property. The little turtle is adorable too!! He loves lettuce.
Highly recommend. Still in a magical place from this past weekend!! :-)
I rented this home for a Bachelorette Party. I was worried about getting a decent sized house for housing 12 girls but this house was the perfect size. It didn't feel crowded at all. They had such a nice sized pool, a lot of sitting areas and eating areas, and ample space for parking.
The property was very clean and well maintained. One toilet was a little tricky with the flushing and one bathroom sink had a very tiny flow of water but there were 2 other bathrooms to use to it didn't slow us down too much. The master bathroom was really big and had a really nice shower with 2 shower heads on opposite ends and a nice, big jacuzzi.
The renter was really easy to get in contact with and quick to answer any questions.
The only thing I would have liked to have known upfront, is that the owners live on the estate. Although, it was like they weren't even there, it's just something I would have like to have known before renting the property.
We recently booked this home for a 30th bday party and the house was perfect. The backyard is amazing, photos don't do it justice. The backyard is huge with many different lounge and eating areas. The pool is actually much larger than the photos and was very clean. This house would be perfect for coachella or other events with 8 or more people.
The inside was clean and spacious and had everything you need. I would definitely come back to this place! Caludio was very professional and quick to respond with any questions etc. Look forward to coming back soon!
Short ride to downtown Palm Springs and the Aerial Tram. Enjoy downtown's block party every Thursday night or escape into the resort flare of Villa de Catalina for your entire stay!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Pool Heating Per night||$100.00|
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000.00|
|Notes||All renters must sign a short term lease agreement. Pool Heating is not included and the charge is $100 per night. The pool is cold from October till June.|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.