Central location with mountain views. This 1950 home with remodeled kitchen and bath provides cozy accommodations for your Tucson stay. The pecan flooring is original to the house, the kitchen and bath are tiled. Located at La Madera Park, stone walls in the front yard provide privacy to the porch where you can watch the sunset on the Santa Catalina Mountains. Enjoy the hummingbird/butterfly garden in the front courtyard and the desert flowers supported by passive rainwater harvesting.
This home is located one block from the Treat Street Bike Route and direct Bus Route 1 which takes you to the University of Arizona (2.5 miles) and Downtown (5 miles) and less than 1 mile from Campbell Avenue, a premier main street for unique shopping and variety of restaurants, and only a 20 minute drive to Sabino Canyon.
Rent this gem in Central Tucson.
La Madera Park / Homestyle Amenities: This home is located on La Madera Park, a small 5-acre open green space with fitness equipment. A dry stacked stone and a gabion wall provide privacy for a front yard courtyard with Hummingbird/Butterfly garden. Enjoy the serenity and community use of the park. The neighborhood surrounds the park and consists of families and long-term residents. This is a friendly community and strolling around the park is a common pastime.
Located close to downtown and to rich desert environments, enjoy the amenities of home during your Tucson stay. Why stay in a hotel when you can experience the comfort of home. Located in the suburbs of Central Tucson, if you are visiting the University of Arizona or doing business in Downtown Tucson this home provides a cozy option for your accommodations.
Fitness Minded: If you are an exercise enthusiast, this is a great location for you. There are several nearby yoga and fitness studios. The Rillito River Linear Parkway provides miles of trails for walking, running, cycling, and more. Tucson is surrounded by mountains within 20 to 30 minutes drive from the home. The beautiful winter climate of Tucson and plentiful sunny days allow for many great outdoors activities. There are dozens of private and City golf courses throughout Tucson.
• Less than 1 mile from Yoga Oasis
• 1.5 miles from Tucson Racquet and Fitness Club (yoga available)
• 1.5 miles from the Rillito River linear parkway
Eco-conscious: For the eco-conscious this home is:
• Less than ¼ mile from Aqua Vita health food store
• less than 1 mile from Lovin Spoonful and Yoshimatsu vegetarian restaurants and dozens of other restaurants
• The kitchen is constructed with sustainable building materials including bamboo and wheat board cabinets, Richlite and Concrete with Recycled Glass countertops
• Composting and Recycling are available
• Passive rainwater harvesting including hummingbird/butterfly garden
• Street stormwater runoff system for street tree
Things to do:
* Take a Tram ride, walk, or hike in Sabino Canyon
* Learn about desert wildlife and plants at the Sonoran Desert Museum
* Drive through and hike in the beautiful Saguaro National Monument
* Visit museums and art districts in Downtown Tucson
* The University of Arizona has museums, performances, and more
* Shopping and Restaurants on Campbell Avenue
* Shop funky on 4th Avenue
* Upscale shopping at La Encantada in the foothills
* Relax at La Madera Park
* Try to see it all at the annual Gem & Mineral Show
* Golf, golf, golf!
* Train for your next Triathalon, Mountain Biking event, or Marathon
* Check out local rain-water harvesting landscapes
* Horse back riding nearby, for that cowboy or cowgirl in you
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
Feb 1 2014 - Mar 31 2014
|extra night: $120|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (US Dollar) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.