Alfama Apartment Rental Photos and Description
Apartment, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 3 Baths, (Sleeps 4-7)
This apartment is on the third floor (no elevator and the stairs are steep) of an ancient building on a pedestrian cobblestone street located in the middle of Alfama's medieval neighborhood.
The apartment combines the medieval architecture with the designed and sophisticated way it has been rebuilt. The decoration is a mixture of traditional Portuguese style with oriental ambiance. These aspects, the astonishing view over Alfama roofs and the special luminosity of Lisbon ant it’s river Tejo “invading” the apartment through the windows create an unforgettable atmosphere. Don’t miss it!
It is a 170m2 duplex and has been renovated to include the following:
- one big living room with two areas separated by the stairs and a curtain. In one side there are one double sofa bed, one single bed (185cm x 90 cm), one double and one single sofa, satellite TV, DVD and CD player;
- a kitchen with washing and dryer machine, dish washer, microwave, electric stove and oven, fridge with freezer;
- a bathroom with hydro massage bath tub;
- a toilet.
- one bedroom with a hand-carved king size bed (160 cm wide), a replica of the Portuguese 'Bilros' style; it has a big roof window with an amazing view;
- one romantic bedroom with 2 wrough iron beds each 130 cm wide;
- one toilet with hidromassage bathtub;
In wintertime it is heated with electric and gas heaters.
- alternative lifestyle
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- pets not allowed
Guestbook comments from the owner
We were met by Steve who took us up to our apartment and checked us in. He gave us some wine and left the place to us. The view is amazing and the apartment is very clean and has all of the amenities! This would be a great house for a family to vacation. The stairs are an issue however if you had a stroller or elderly members. It is close to climbing a ladder for 3 floors! If you don't mind climbing stairs, this place is perfect. The road to the apartment is old, so it has stairs in it and no cars are able to go on it. As far as sleeping in the apartment, there are two rooms upstairs, one has a queen bed and the other 2 twins. They both share a bathroom and there is a small day bed downstairs next to the couches. The upstairs room with the queen has a very short ceiling you have to navigate to get to the window and also to store your clothes. The kitchen was very nice and we had a good time cooking and hanging out in the living room. The apartment is situated very close to many tourist attractions. There are also several restaurants around and shopping is about a 10 min walk along the river. The Party scene is a 5 min Taxi and is well worth it on the weekends! Overall this place treated us to one of the best vacations we have ever had! I loved it and I would for sure come back.