Condo not well maintained
Renters: 2 Adults and a 7 Month old Baby
We are not strangers to traveling to tropical destinations and are aware of critters, but we were very surprised at the lack of support, maintenance and cleanliness of this condo as it was presented to us as being family friendly. This condo does not fit in the category of an executive condo. We will never rent this condo again or recommend this condo rental.
Upon arrival the condo appeared visually to be clean however we were overwhelmed with the smell of stale cigarette smoke and within a couple hours a cockroach scurried across the kitchen counter and hid under the microwave. Later another cockroach appeared in the kitchen sink. We contacted “Andrea” and advised her of the critter situation (as where there is one there are more) at which she agreed to contact us in the am of the following day to let us know what they would do to alleviate the situation. We had to contact Andrea the following morning as we did not hear from her and she indicated the cleaner goes to home depot to by the spray and does her house on a weekly basis. She was awaiting a call from the maintenance person and it was agreed she would call back. We never got a call back.
Other issues with the condo:
• Appeared to be cockroach droppings in cupboards under the kitchen sink and beside the fridge, as well as in the garage,
• Frying pans in the kitchen were not useable,
• Very dirty in behind the furniture,
• Ceiling very dirty with cobwebs and corners had spiders,
• Screens in master bedroom and main room patio doors were falling out,
• Broken lock on master bedroom patio door,
• Toilets did not stop running for quite some time after flushing,
• The main bathroom toilet would not flush easily,
• The master bedroom shower (the only one we used) has very old fixtures that would not shut off the water and were very calcified,
• The pillows in the bedroom were disgusting as they were stained and yellowed (we had to buy new ones – which we left at the condo only because we could not fit in our suitcase),
• The mattress cover is yellowed in certain areas,
• Crickets inside the condo,
• A cockroach approximately 2 inches long in the garage.
Positives about the condo:
• The resort is very nice and secure,
• A nice patio.
Owner's Response: Hi Jen and Paul - I am sorry to receive your review and apologize that you did not enjoy the condo. It is thoroughly cleaned between guests and I thought was well cared for. When I received your call I did immediately call our representative for housekeeping and maintenance and she confirmed she had checked the condo and had thought everything was in order. No one had reported any bugs and I am truly sorry you saw one. She did call numerous times trying to reach you through out the day, she had the exterior sprayed but would not have gone inside without your permission. I am also sorry that we concluded you were enjoying your stay as we did not hear more from you. Clearly this was not proactive enough and again I apologize. When we spoke I did say you should move if you were in the least bit uncomfortable, that there would be no charge for that, and when you chose to stay, we determined all was well. I could easily have had the housekeepers come and clean at your convenience and it is unfortunate we did not do that. I appreciate you letting me know you feel the condo should be cleaner and I will have a full maintenance scheduled.
Helpful votes: 9/9
Did you find this review helpful?