Our apartment #10 is on the ground floor of the impressive Windsor Lodge. With only 15 units, the Lodge was built on the grounds of the exclusive The Oaks Club. Our second unit #3 is accessible via HomeAway object number 2096688. A third new unit #17/18 will be published in due course. The amenities for our guests include a beautiful swimming pool with a large pool deck, deck chairs and bathrooms, as well as a lobby on the ground floor of the Lodge.
The Oaks Club amenities such as golf course, tennis courts, club house, etc. are only available to The Oaks Club members and their guests. However, when you are interested, the owner would be happy to arrange for a tour of the club…
Osprey is located on Florida's west coast at the Gulf of Mexico, south of Sarasota and north of Venice. Only minutes away is Siesta Key (voted #1 Beach in the US 2011) and exclusive Casey Key and its beaches.
Osprey is home to Historic Spanish Point, a 30-acre museum and environmental complex.
Osprey is also the mailing address for Oscar Scherer State Park and its Blackburn Point Bridge (leading to Casey Key) is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Endless activities outside of Osprey are accessible within a few minutes by car: The museums and theatres of Sarasota, the old town and shops of Venice, the big malls and outlet centers, world class dining, golf courses, tennis courts, bike trails, boating and so much more.
To Tampa/St. Petersburg it takes you 1 hour by car. There you will find Bush Gardens and the Adventure Island water park. Or do you want to visit the Dali Museum or explore The Pier or are you more interested in the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI)?
To Orlando you will drive 2 hours. All the theme parks are a highlight, but just to stroll through downtown is worth going there as well.
You will reach the Everglades to the south within a 2 hour-ride, passing e.g. Fort Myers with the opportunity to visit the Edison & Ford Winter Estates.
Contact us for more attractions, detailed information and personal insights around the area - we are happy to help.
1 hour 15 minutes: Tampa International Airport / TPA– (please note: Air Edelweiss has direct flights from Zürich since May 2012)
1 hour 15 minutes: Fort Myers International Airport / RSW – (please note: Air Berlin direct flights from Düsseldorf)
2 hours 30 minutes: Orlando International Airport
3 hours 30 minutes: Miami International Airport
Just some of the additional “things to do”:
- Legacy trail of Sarasota County: Take the bike just 2 streets north into Preymore Street, follow till the end and you will have access to that 10 miles long biking and hiking trail (starts at South Sarasota ends at the old train station in Venice).
- South Shetty on Casey Key: 10 minutes by car to the south. Take your time and observe dolphins, manatees, ospreys, pelicans, sandpipers, egrets, blue herons and much more.
- You love to visit theatres, musicals, concerts, the ballet, the opera or a museum? This is just a short list of what the area has to offer: Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall Sarasota, Asolo Theatre Sarasota, Venice Little Theatre, The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art Sarasota, Asian Museum Sarasota, Salvador Dali Museum St. Petersburg, Museum of Fine Arts St. Petersburg, The Players Sarasota, Friday Evening Walk through the opened artist studios in Sarasota, Florida Studio Theatre Sarasota and of course all the open air concerts with all different styles of music.
- Golf: There are around 30 golf courses in the Sarasota area. The closest semi-private one is the Calusa Lakes Golf Club in Nokomis – 15 minutes by car.
- Tennis: The closest public tennis courts (with light) are at Pine View School (after school hours and on weekends) – 5 minutes by car.
- Grocery shopping at Publix or Walmart: 5 minutes by car