Everything at your doorstep .... You're just a 15 minute walk from Downtown Canmore, take the walk, ensure the fresh mountain air and savor the most stunning mountain scenery what ever the season. Canmore has 2 large supermarkets and many great small stores, cafes, galleries and of course out door enthusiasts stores. You're just a few minutes drive from the entrance to Banff National Park with Banff Town just a 20 minute drive away.
The surrounding area is known for some of the best hiking, mountain biking, and climbing in the world. The Yoho, Kootenay, Banff and Jasper National Parks and Kananaskis Country are all only a short scenic drive away.
It is truly an outdoor enthusiasts playground and there is an abundant range of activities and adventures for all the family what ever your level for a sense of adventure!
Other Activities: Your “must see” list should certainly include the following where there is an abundant range of hikes and walks for all abilities.:
(1) Lake Louise - Trans Canada Highway West 45min
(2) Lake Minnewanka – Trans Canada Highway West bound to Banff
(3) Moraine Lake – 20min from Lake Louise on Moraine Lake Rd
(4) Grassi Lakes – 10min from downtown Canmore
(5) Spray Lakes – 30min from Canmore on Spray Lakes Road
(6) Peyto Lake – 1.5hours on Highway 93 North to Jasper (as seen above)
(7) Mount Norquay Lookout – Town of Banff
(8) Johnson’s Canyon – 20min West of Banff on Highway 1A
Golf: Golfing :
Five world-class golf courses are all nearby providing world class golfing in the most spectacular settings :
(1) Canmore Golf Course (5 mins): www.canmoregolf.net
(2) Stewart Creek Golf Course (5 mins): www.stewartcreekgolf.com
(3) Silvertip Golf Course (5 mins): www.silvertipresort.com
(4) Banff Springs Golf Course (20 mins): www.banffspringsgolfclub.com
(5) Kananaskis Golf Course (30 mins): www.kananaskisgolf.com
Ski: Winter Activities
Skiing : Enjoy 4 amazing ski resorts all within a 15minute to 45 minute drive away.
(1) Banff Mount Norquay : 15 minute drive
(2) Sunshine Village : 30 minute drive
(3) Nakiska : 30 minute drive
(4) Lake Louise :45 minute drive
Cross Country Skiing : The Canmore Nordic Centre, which hosted the
1988 Olympic Nordic events is only 5 minutes away, and offers 84 miles of groomed Nordic skiing trails in winter and mountain biking in summer.
Other winter sports available : snowshoeing, dog sledding, outdoor skating and ice climbing