Brooklyn Apartment Rental Photos and Description
Live like a Brooklynite in this Peaceful Townhome! 2BR + Huge Bath + Dining Area
MACON MANOR, Apt 4:
If this Apartment is not available for your dates, please see our other HomeAway listings:
Apt 1: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3488786
Apt 2: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p206384
Apt 3: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p191274
Yes, you can live like a real Brooklynite in this Peaceful Townhome Apartment just 5 express stops from Downtown Manhattan! This quiet & comfortable Apartment can sleep up to 8 (suggested maximum) or 10 (absolute maximum; we supply queen-size Aerobed air mattresses [extra guest fee of $49 pp pn for each guest over suggested maximum]). Ideal for large families, groups of friends, and individuals / couples who like a lot of space.
• A large Master Bedroom with (2) queen-size beds (each sleeps 2), A/C, ceiling fan, full-length mirror and large closet.
• A 2nd BR with (1) full-size sofa bed (sleeps 2); 2nd A/C; 2nd ceiling fan; and 2nd closet.
• A Living Room with (1) full-size sofa bed (sleeps 2); lounge chair; 3rd A/C; 3rd closet; dining table & chairs for 6; 32 in. HDTV with DVD player & DVD library for kids & adults + cable (including premium channels such as HBO / Showtime / Starz on Demand, which allows you to watch any movie or program they offer -- Curb Your Enthusiasm, Game of Thrones, Girls, Sex in the City, The Sopranos, True Blood -- at any time); hot & cold drinking water dispenser; original art; books & games for kids & adults, as well as guide books to NYC; hardwood floor.
• A fully-equipped Kitchen with fridge / freezer; gas oven / stove; microwave; toaster; blender; coffee grinder & coffee maker; cooking utensils / dishes / silverware; 3rd ceiling fan.
• A large Bathroom with tub / shower.
• Also: complimentary coffee / tea / bottled water, all linens & towels, free Wi-Fi.
The Utica Station of the “A” (Express) and “C” (Local) subway line is about a 5-minute walk; Manhattan is about 12 minutes away on the “A” (Express) train. Bars, boutiques, cafés, galleries, great restaurants (like Zagat-rated Peaches [BBQ] and Saraghina [Italian]) are 1-2 minute walk.
Our website, http://www.TRUErentals.com, has extensive tourist information about local resources (nearby bars, cafés, museums, parks, restaurants, shops, etc.), sightseeing suggestions, transportation, and much more, which would be of interest to anyone planning a visit to Brooklyn, whether you stayed with us or not.
- pets considered
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Long-term Renters Welcome
My name is TRUE, I am an Artist / Designer, and have been the Owner / Operator of MACON MANOR since purchasing the Home in 1999.
I moved from Los Angeles, CA. to New York to be a part of its vibrant culture (and to study at Sarah Lawrence College and The Cooper Union Art School) and then moved from Manhattan to Stuyvesant Heights because I found it to be safer and much quieter.
TRUE purchased this apartment in 1999
Why TRUE chose Brooklyn
I chose MACON MANOR because it offered exactly what I wanted: a lot of space; many of its original architectural details; a chance to explore my interior design ideas; a Garden; and a quiet block just 5 minutes from an express train that can get you into Manhattan in just 12 minutes.
What makes this apartment unique
The properties in the Stuyvesant Heights Historic District were built for the wealthiest people of the day in the late 1800s, when everything else in the area was farmland. Throughout the course of the 20th century, as public transportation made it easier for the working class to get deeper into Brooklyn, the wealthy fled, and their homes transitioned into the hands of the middle class.
Living in one such home, and having the chance to lovingly restore it and share it with travelers from around the world is a very unique opportunity, one that I cherish.