Donner Lake House Rental Photos and Description
House, 4 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 10-12)
Looking for a quiet, yet fun getaway? This is the place to be with tons of activities and possibilities. In the winter you can go to any of the nearby ski resorts such as: Sugar Bowl, Boreal, and Squaw Valley. Have kids? They can play in the snow on the large deck, or even create a sled hill on the side of the house. In the summer, you can bring your boat or jet skis and tie it up to the pier. Have more than one boat? Tie up the boat on our buoy located just out from the pier.
There are many trails nearby where you can take a hike, or even go for a horseback ride. Fishing is great on Donner, you can catch a couple off of the dock each day by just throwing out a line with a worm or some power bait, you can even use a lure from shore. For all who love to gamble, Reno is just a half hour away where there are many casinos. Many golf attractions are nearby as well. For those who are just looking for a quiet getaway, you can make a nice fire in one of the outside chimneys or in the expansive fire place inside. Don't forget about heating up the hot tub and sitting in the snow or in the sun.
You'll love the comfort, area beauty and convenience that this home offers you:
* A small local store is a few minutes walk from the house
* Close to Truckee and Reno for restaurants, groceries, gamblin & other fun
* Rooms are seperated from each other to limit noise
* 4 beautiful sliding doors that open to the wood deck, hot tub and beautiful view of Donner Lake
* See the trains traveling high on the hill across the lake
* Watch Bald Eagles and Ospreys soar and fish
* Star gazing and the Milky Way during the night time
* Fishing directly off the pier
* Sugar Blow, Northstar, Squaw Valley, and Alpine Meadows ski resorts all within a 20 minute drive
* Championship golf courses nearby
* Hiking and horseback riding within minutes
The house layout is as follows:
Upstairs - 1 bedroom with Queen bed, 1 bathroom, Family/Living Room dining table, TV, fireplace, and Kitchen. There is a deck at this level that also has stairs down to the lower back deck where the hot tub and dock are located. You access the house at this level from the road.
Downstairs - 2 bedrooms with Queen beds, Bunk room with 2 sets of bunk beds, 1 bathroom, 1 laundry room. The 2 bedrooms have sliding doors to access the lower deck with hot tub and access to the dock.
We take VISA / MASTERCARD / PAYPAL
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- pets considered
- non smoking only
- children welcome
The owners are a husband and wife with family who love the Truckee and Donner Lake area.
We bought this wonderful property based upon it being on the lake and on the sunny side of Donner Lake. The sunny side of Donner Lake also provides easier access during the winter months.
Sitting out on large deck enjoying the scenery, wildlife, quiet times, boating and swimming in the clear clean lake. There is a professionally cleaned hot tub located in the same large deck that is situated to enjoy the lake while still maintaining privacy.