Submitted: March 22, 2013
Stayed: February 2013
We rented this property during the last week in Feb for our annual ski trip. I traveled with my husband, my sister and brother in law. We were most interested in this property b/c it was ski-in and also ski-out (after about a 10 min walk to get to the ski-trail). We were also interested in this property b/c there were 2 full bathrooms upstairs. The reviews all seemed to be positive and I liked the fact that the previous reviewers noted the property to be clean. Unfortunately we were all very disappointed with this property for the following reasons:
- The property was not cleaned properly or thoroughly. This property was just outright dirty. The kitchen plates/pots/pans were all dirty and we had to wash them before using them. The carpet had multiple stains. The bathroom in the master bedroom had hair all over the floor. The master bedroom shower was clogged and would not drain, so we all had to shower in the smaller bathroom.
The downstairs bathroom had urine stains on the seat, which was disgusting. Luckily, I brought Lysol wipes and was able to clean up a little (which I should not have to do while on vacation.)
- There was NO working fire/smoke detector on the 1st floor (for the kitchen and living room). It was actually ripped off of the ceiling! I emailed the owner immediately and was told he notified maintenance but there was nothing more he can do until he receives a response.
- The dryer timer was broken and there was sign posted on the dryer notifying the guests that the dryer was a "fire hazard", do not run the dryer unattended b/c it will not turn off. So there was a known fire hazard on the 1st floor with no working fire detector! This property owner should not be allowed to rent his property in this poor condition and potentially risking the lives of the guests!!
- The TV in the living room was old and outdated. There was no working remote for the TV either. In fact all of the remotes did not have batteries in them.
- No firewood for the fireplace. The owner told me that we would have to drive into town and buy some on our own.
- No internet. Luckily we were able to connect to a neighbors WiFi, but the connection was not a strong one.
The only positive attribute was the location. We liked that we were able to "ski-in" to the property.
We hope this review will help fellow travelers.
Owner's Response: This first ever negative review had us concerned, so we spent 3 days checking out our Seven Springs home. Our townhome is still the same... very nice. New carpet and hardwood ordered for installation May of 2013. Our maid service is excellent and upset by the false claims in this review. Truth is, the master bath had a slow draining shower. It took 2 days to get someone there to unclog it. This tenant was complaining from the time she arrived and I believe she was deceptively looking for a free night. All smoke detectors are functional and safe. We do not offer firewood nor does the community of Woodridge. The maid does not leave dirty dishes or stains. ALL other reviews are positive, as you can see. Thanks! Have a nice stay.
Did you find this review helpful?